Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are you still talking, please just call security on me already!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wasn't even there and I'M creeped out! Maria, I don't know how you kept your cool but wow! I agree V may have had something wrong with her but still...CREEPY!!
    "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Gaaaaahhhhh! I hate it when people won't take yes for an answer!

Once, and this was years ago, we shared a driveway with people who lived behind us. My neighbor came up one evening and knocked on my door.

Neighbor: Hi, I was wondering if I could ask you to park your car a little closer to the house? It's kind of hard to get around.
      Me: (realizeing he is entirely right) Oh, sorry! Sure, I'll just come move it right now!
      N: Yeah, because it's hard to get past.
      Me: Okay, I'll move it and I'll be sure not to do it again.
      N: Good. See, it's hard to pull around.
      Me: Yes, I see. I'm sorry. I didn't realize. I'll come move it right away.
      N: Thanks, because we have to pull past it and it's hard to get by.

This went on for a while. And he wasn't even being rude, but dang! Maria's encounter was loads worse, of course. I imagine Maria felt she had to remain polite to keep from getting her sister in trouble.

Good job not ripping the cow's head off, Maria.
      Women can do anything men can.
      But we don't because lots of it's disgusting.
      Maxine

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
        "Move your vehicle, or I will explain the reasons why you have to a second time!"
        "Stop, or I'll yell stop again!"
        The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
        "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
        Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

It sounds like she WANTED to keep you there until the security or police arrive. In her small mind, if she could catch you parked where you weren't supposed to be, she could get you in "trouble". I can't think of any other reason for her repeating herself after she made herself clear.

Either that or she's a malfunctioning robot.

Comment

I'm wondering if she was autistic. It's possible that she has Asperger's or something similar and her mind is locked into an "If x then y" loop. A woman that my company used to do business with is severely Aspie, and she really couldn't handle anything that wasn't expected very well. She used to sell on eBay and the Feedback she got and replies she left were something to read. I kind of feel sorry for some of her buyers - if you didn't know what you were in for going it, it could be harrowing experience. She reacted very badly to any deviation that could possibly be negative.

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

This reminds me of those people who try to convince you of something, and when you agree, they CONTINUE to give their reasons why you should comply or agree, even as you do so. What is going on in their minds?
              Life's too short to drink cheap beer

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                "Move your vehicle, or I will explain the reasons why you have to a second time!"
                Anyone else thinking of the line "Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time..." from Monty Python's Holy Grail?

Seriously though, I would have told her to either call security or bugger off. But, if their "security" is like that at many local hospitals, there's not much they can do about a car being parked in the wrong place.
                Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Sheesh. Sounds like the circular conversation I had with one of the "ladies" in my apartment complex office.

Maintenance was going into all apartments and changing the furnace filters out (with the wrong size) and poking at the smoke detectors (didn't notice mine's disconnected) and reported the dog next door as being mine. Get a call from the office telling to get rid of the dog (which I don't have). Called the office and then went over there. She just kept telling me to get rid of the (non-existent) dog. No matter what I said, that's all she'd say.

Quoth Geek King View Post
                  "Stop, or I'll yell stop again!"
                  Quoth protege View Post
                  Anyone else thinking of the line "Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time..." from Monty Python's Holy Grail?
                  I was thinking more of a bit that Robin Williams used to do!
                  It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                    Not me. I was more thinking of Apu's "I have asked you nicely not to mangle my merchandise. You leave me no choice but to...ask you nicely again."
                    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth seigus View Post
                      This reminds me of those people who try to convince you of something, and when you agree, they CONTINUE to give their reasons why you should comply or agree, even as you do so.
                      Like my wife?
                      Sometimes life is altered.
                      Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                      Uneasy with confrontation.
                      Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
                        Like my wife?
                        (Ringing cast iron KLONG-NG-NG!)

We may not be hearing from MadMike for a while...
                        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                          (Ringing cast iron KLONG-NG-NG!)

That reminds me of "Throw Mama from the Train"!
                          It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                            Nah, it's all good. She doesn't come on here.
                            Sometimes life is altered.
                            Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                            Uneasy with confrontation.
                            Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
                              Nah, it's all good. She doesn't come on here.
                              ... that you know of... >_>

^-.-^
                              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                              X