This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disgusting Kohl's commercial

I couldn't find a link for it, which is why this post isn't in the 'Check It Out' section. If I ever do locate such a link, Mods, feel free to move this to the appropriate place.

Has anyone seen this year's Black Friday Sale commercial for Kohl's? It's horrible. For anyone who hasn't seen it- Basically, it's this woman singing gleefully about Black Friday shopping to the tune of what I think might've been that song 'Friday' that everyone hates so much. Some of the highlights include:

~ The singing she-beast holding an older woman back away from the door (like, actual putting her hand up to block the woman from going in) so she could get in first.

~The singing she-beast literally reaching into someone else's basket and grabbing something to deposit into her own (complete with the other shopper's appropriate reaction of ).

I don't know. Maybe the commercial was trying to come across as fun and cutesy with the song, but...I didn't find it amusing at all. To me, it just kinda screamed 'Suckstomers- The Musical'.
    "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

I've found that ALOT of commercials lately for big retail giants are disgusting lately. I don't know if they are trying to show people how horrible customers have been lately or show them what they look like during the holiday season or what, but to me it seems like a how to guide for SCs - "Oh! I never thought of doing that before!"

Comment

I saw Target's commercial and went
      Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
      Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

found it, and yes horrible.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGiQzPi0f_E
        Siead

Hobby Twitter.

Comment

Oh yeah, the Target chick. She needs a few Xanax in her Thanksgiving eggnog, I think.

Kinda makes me thankful my company's commercials, if any, will just be made up of store employees describing some of the deals available.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I don't know which is worse, the Target chick or the Kohl's commercial. It's kind of a toss up at this point.
            Random conversation:
            Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
            DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

My comment on the video: "So Kohl's encourages darting in front of people and/or holding them back for the sake of playing the 'FIRST!' card and taking things from other people's carts? Good to know."
              "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

To be 100% honest, I haven't shopped at Kohl's for the longest time...Or more precisely, after they started their new "EVERYTHING IS RETURNABLE" thing. I realize it was probably done to encourage customers to 'shop with confidence' or some crap like that...but ewww.

Comment

Quoth siead_lietrathua View Post
                  found it, and yes horrible.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGiQzPi0f_E
                  I think if some bitch put her hand in my face to prevent me from going through a door, she'd find her arm wrenched out of its socket. Same if she grabbed something from my cart.

There is something fundamentally wrong with a culture that encourages, even celebrates blatant rudeness.
                  I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                  My LiveJournal
                  A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Did ya notice that the same older woman that she blocked from the door at the beginning that she cut in front of at the register, at the end of the commerical

Comment

Selfishness knows no bounds. But stores don't have to encourage it in their consumers.
                      Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth dragon_wings View Post
                        I saw Target's commercial and went
                        yeah the creepy woman in the red "running suit" is just ........ (I think they used the same set of commmercials like 2 or 3 years in a row now) and employees wonder why the "customer" feedback is saying "WE WANT YOU TO OPEN AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE!!!!!" all they seem to do is promote the "Get there ASAP on Thanksgiving day, WE WILL BE OPEN for your convience" (not caring that most of the employees will NOT be getting to spend Turkey day with anyone but their pillow)

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                        Oh yeah, the Target chick. She needs a few Xanax in her Thanksgiving eggnog, I think.

the hell with Xanax she needed a small dose of Propofol/Diprovan (the coma-inducing drug) AS I feel that is the ONLY way she will sit still and come down off of the speed trip
                        I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                        -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post

the hell with Xanax she needed a small dose of Propofol/Diprovan (the coma-inducing drug) AS I feel that is the ONLY way she will sit still and come down off of the speed trip

I like how you think.

Best of all, Propofol can blend into the eggnog inconspicuously.
                          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Remind me never to drink eggnog with either Irv or Racket_Man.

I tweeted that I saw the Target commercial for Black Friday like last week. I wanted to hide, but I just changed the channel. She's annoying as heck.

I've also mentioned to Clyde that I think the writers for commercials are either getting lazy or have no new original ideas for their commercials. They're awful. (The T-Mobile 4G commercial? Listening to it, I swear they say "Orgy").
                            And you're welcome (in regards to my avatar).

Comment

I just got this commercial while watching Amazing Race online.
                              To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Working...
                              X