This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth PepperElf View Post

these days I just toss my flight jacket on. i only get stopped wearing that by people who recognize that the patch on the right chest area is a Navy ship crest. and they're either confused as to why a Navy jacket would be dark olive green... or they're former navy and want to talk "shop"

Exactly ike that, only I have a permanent patch (ship crest oval) where the black silhouette is, the american flag patch and nothing else on it.
    USS Nimitz, were you on it when it went back to Pearl Harbor on Dec 6th?

I don't get the "Do you work here?" so much anymore. ONe time when I was in Best Buy looking at cameras, someone came up to me and said, "You look like you know something about cameras..." and I said, "Sure" and then they started to ask me what kind of camera they should get. I didn't mind helping them though.

Comment

Quoth mikoyan29 View Post
      USS Nimitz, were you on it when it went back to Pearl Harbor on Dec 6th?
      No but I did see "The Final Countdown" last month. It was pretty cool realizing they didn't bother getting actors to play the crew... although it WAS pretty obvious they all had brand new uniforms on.

and it brought back memories cos my first ship - the one I got the coat from - was once part of the nimitz battle group, back in 98 or so. but we only had our ship on the jacket. some of the other guys put patches all over theirs, or had cruise jackets made up. i never bothered.

but seriously, i can't remember being bugged as an employee when I wear that one

Comment

I've had this happen to me while shopping for a stepladder for my store at Wal Mart. I had set up a couple in the aisles and was climbing them, testing strength and whatnot. A very idiotic SC decided that I had to be employed there because I was climbing ladders. She refused to believe that I didn't work there, no matter how many times I insisted I was only shopping FOR ladders and that if I was working there, the ladder would surely be pushed near some item that I was trying to reach. But as we all know, logic or common sense is lost on SC's and all I got for my trouble of attempting to enlighten her was met with a blank stare and repeated request that I show her where the toilet seats were. So I tried to ignore her and did until she pissed me off by sneering to her husband about how lazy I was because I wouldn't help her. At that point I looked at her and told her "I'm under no obligation to help you because as I've told you numerous times, I DON"T FUCKING WORK HERE!!! Go try to find the toilet seats for yourself, but I suspect you won't because you're the one who is too damn lazy to do your own shopping. You'd rather waste time and effort looking for someone who works here to walk to them and point it out for you, and that doesn't say much for your intelligence either." She was incensed That I dared to insult her and stomped off to FIND MY MANAGER and report me for being such a rude employee. I stood there shaking my head at her utter cluelessness. Good luck you ignorant bitch.
        I'm sorry, but I've reached my maximum allowable exposure to stupidity limit for the day. I'll have to get back to you tomorrow.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
          No but I did see "The Final Countdown" last month. It was pretty cool realizing they didn't bother getting actors to play the crew... although it WAS pretty obvious they all had brand new uniforms on.

and it brought back memories cos my first ship - the one I got the coat from - was once part of the nimitz battle group, back in 98 or so. but we only had our ship on the jacket. some of the other guys put patches all over theirs, or had cruise jackets made up. i never bothered.

but seriously, i can't remember being bugged as an employee when I wear that one
          A guy I used to date was on his first actual cruise a as commissioned officer, and it was on the May 1981 cruise on the Nimitz. He lost everything in his stateroom as a plane plowed into the side of the ship. On the plus side, he was at 'work' and away from that side of the ship
          EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

o god. ouch. i hope no one was hurt, but those crashes are usually pretty ugly. the navy's learned a lot about safety since then.

She was incensed That I dared to insult her and stomped off to FIND MY MANAGER and report me for being such a rude employee. I stood there shaking my head at her utter cluelessness.
            I can only imagine how much MORE furious she'd be if the manager came and said, "Yep she's a customer"

Comment

Working...
            X