This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Put-upon idiot at Lowes

So I"m walking around with my family in a Lowe's Sunday afternoon. I was more or less loitering, as I'd been brought along for the sole purpose of giving my opinion on some kitchen remodel ideas. So I'm sort of drifting around amusing myself while the rest of the folks shop, and I pass this woman standing in an aisle who says "Don't mind me, I'm just waiting for someone to come along and help me."

Some thoughts:

1. I don't mind strangers striking up conversations with me. This is the south...we do that here, and it's fine. However as far as this subject goes..and I'm just being honest here...it would not be possible for me to give less of a damn about this.

2. Go find someone. I'm not even shopping and I've been accosted by no fewer than five people in red aprons. I'm guessing your time would probably be better spent looking for someone clad thusly instead of making passive aggressive and impotent complaints to a total ass stranger.

3. You must be fun at parties.

Then she just about ran over my mother when she went by. She didn't hit her or push her or anything, but she got all up in her space. Mom didn't even notice. Which is good because I WOULD have given a damn about it if she'd offended my mom.

Pathetic.

You know how you answer that passive-aggressive bullshit? "Oh really? I'm just shopping - because I'm a CUSTOMER."

Seriously, what did she think bitching to you would accomplish?

Comment

Maybe she was hoping RecoveringKinkoid would go fetch an employee for her?

Or that RecoveringKinkoid would replace the missing employee and help her?

Or possibly she was just enjoying working herself up into a real snit so when an employee actually came around she could get all righteously indignant on them.

Pick one, pick 'em all ...

Comment

"Oh, I don't mind. Happy waiting." Big smile, wander away...
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

*acts startled*

"Oh, hey, there's someone else here."

*try to repress giggles as p/a biddy realizes what I've said and go back to ignoring her*

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Something like that happened at a locally owned Italian restaurant a couple of weeks ago. I went in to wait for a table and DaDairyDruid, and another person was waiting for her takeout order.

Only, she made sure I knew in such a tone that I swear I wanted to say "Yeah, and? You want an award for waiting for your take out order?"
            Random conversation:
            Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
            DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

Any chance she thought you were an employee? The veiled snark almost seemed directed at you. In which case she's both an SC and an idiot.
              A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
                Any chance she thought you were an employee? The veiled snark almost seemed directed at you. In which case she's both an SC and an idiot.
                I doubt it. The employees wear t-shirts with the restaurant's name on it. I was in a solid polo and work slacks. The employees have aprons with their tickets in them, pens and straws. I had my purse with me.
                Random conversation:
                Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
                DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

With out fail, whenever I am just loitering in HD or Lowes I have a ton of people ask me if I need any thing! But whenever I cant find what I need, nor can i find any one to help me! Its weird, and happens without fail!

Comment

Maybe the staff knows her well enough to avoid her.

Comment

Working...
                    X