Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was thinking the same. No, just that even if the pills weren't defective, no BC method is 100% effective. Having sex=being responsible for consequences, not blaming the pharmacist and holding up other customers.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
      I would suggest she keep her legs shut.
      Oh GOD no. If she's that bitchy normally, imagine what'd happen if you took away her sex?

Comment

Quoth Food Lady
        I was thinking the same. No, just that even if the pills weren't defective, no BC method is 100% effective. Having sex=being responsible for consequences, not blaming the pharmacist and holding up other customers.
        QFT. This is one of my biggest pet peeves. And yes, my boyfriend and I have discussed this even though we're long distance.
        Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
        Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Quoth TheSHAD0W View Post
          Oh GOD no. If she's that bitchy normally, imagine what'd happen if you took away her sex?
          So buy her a vibrator, or, if budget is a concern, a cucumber and some KY jelly or other personal lubricant.

Problem...solution!
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
            So buy her a vibrator, or, if budget is a concern, a cucumber.

Problem...solution!

Just be careful with the cucumber. I've heard veggie horror stories.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh

So buy her a vibrator, or, if budget is a concern, a cucumber and some KY jelly or other personal lubricant.

Problem...solution!
              Dear deities no! That'd be a waste of money. She has 2 hands, no?....
              Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
              Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

In case anybody's wondering, here's what the issue with these pills was:

Typical monophasic birth control tablets have 21 active tablets, and 7 placebos which are just there as placeholders so you remember when to resume taking the active ones.

The "defective" packs may have had a different quantity of active tablets than 21, or the right number of tablets but in the wrong order. THAT'S ALL! There was not a thing wrong with the tablets, other than their placement in the pack.

The odds of becoming pregnant from this are so infinitesimal as to be practically nonexistent. (Taking placebo tablets in place of active ones would have the same effect as skipping days. If you miss one, take two the next day; if you miss two, take two the next two days; if you miss 3 or more, stop taking them and use backup contraception until you get your period.)

Also, the tablets are different colors: the active ones (in this particular case) are white, and the placebos are pink. If you get a pink tablet where you should have a white one, STOP!

In a reasonable world, the pharmacist would have looked at the pack, determined that there were 21 pink and 7 white pills in that order, and told the patient that there wasn't anything wrong with the pack, and the customer would have thanked him and gone home. Unfortunately we live in this world, not that one.
                Last edited by Shalom; 02-05-2012, 01:56 PM. Reason: switched them round

Comment

Not to mention that some poor pharmacy employee had no more knowledge before this than anyone else did.

I'm so glad my pills are all the same every day, no placebos.
                  You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth PhiSigGirl1988 View Post
                    Just be careful with the cucumber. I've heard veggie horror stories.
                    Tell her to get a carrot and peeler, and let two problems sort themselves out (an episode of 1000 Ways To Die had a girl who didn't peel a carrot very well and wound up dying from an air embolus)

When I was getting my scrip filled a few months ago, I overheard about a recall for that particular generic. Not knowing what the recall involved, I decided to ask (politely) when I picked it up. Turned out that the pharmacy had handled it in-house by that point, but the pharmacist thanked me for being cautious.

From her comment, I can only guess at the rants she must have endured before they fixed it...
                    Last edited by Dreamstalker; 02-08-2012, 03:30 AM.
                    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth thehuckster View Post
                      SC: "Do you realize what is at stake here? I could be pregnant right now!"
                      "Unfortunately as this is only a pharmacy, I cannot prescribe you a suitable replacement. I can, however, offer you a swift, OTC, punch in the ovaries. They're free of charge! "
                      Now, I'd like to digress from my prepared remarks to discuss how I invented the terlet...

Comment

It's not like the morning after pill isn't covered by insurance with a small co-pay.

Heck, even with the outrageous price of a 3 pack of condoms, I'll take that over losing my figure and having to give birth any day.
                        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

If I was the pharmacist at this CVS, I would have asked my immediate supervisor what to do when another customer acts like the sucky customer in this post since that customer was still ranting when thehusker was leaving.

Comment

If the pharmacist had a rosary and "accidentally" showed it, I'm sure that would do one of two things:

1. shut her up, or
                            2. get her angrier and go into a tirade about how the pharmacy is infringing upon women's rights.

Either way will have her storm off in a huff and/or complain to corporate.
                            cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

Working...
                            X