Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm two blocks from you. How can you keep screwing that up?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth An Haddock View Post
    I did.

The driver didn't bother to read the special instructions. I said "We are in EQUESTRIA not Ponyville". And when I pointed it out he admitted that he didn't read the special delivery instructions.
    Well since it was the delivery driver's screwup and not the restaurant, would you be justified in lowering your tip? I admit I don't know what you tip regularly, but what would happen if you rewarded the drivers that get your pizza to you on time? Do you think others would take notice?
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

The driver didn't bother to read the special instructions. I said "We are in EQUESTRIA not Ponyville". And when I pointed it out he admitted that he didn't read the special delivery instructions.
      perhaps the earlier suggestion of refusing to accept the pizza is a good one. and calling them up to let them know about the issue - and the driver's statement *before* he makes it back.
      Last edited by PepperElf; 02-21-2012, 01:26 PM.

Comment

I had sort of the same situation when I lived in Central Jersey. My address was the same as a jewelry store couple towns over. My street ran through two, three towns where for whatever reason completely changed names. Sometimes we'd get mail for them but I can remember a couple of times that people showed up to my house looking for the store. Yeah, there was nothing about my house that looked that it should be a store. Another time a package I ordered ended up being delievered to the jewelry store. It wasn't really fair to keep me from playing The Sims, hell it was an expansion pack and they'd have no use for it at all.
        I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

Ok, now I am confused... In the OP you said you lived in Canterlot not Equestria.
          Did I miss something here?

Comment

Quoth wildman View Post
            Ok, now I am confused... In the OP you said you lived in Canterlot not Equestria.
            Did I miss something here?
            Now you know just how confusing the street names and cities are in that area.
            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

I suggest you get direct deliveries from Spike and then all your problems will be solved

Comment

Another time a package I ordered ended up being delievered to the jewelry store. It wasn't really fair to keep me from playing The Sims, hell it was an expansion pack and they'd have no use for it at all.
                did they keep it?

Comment

Perhaps it would be easier to just go to the nearest pizza place and pick up your pizzas there instead. You'll not only get your pizzas fresh, but you'll be sending a strong message to the delivery service; that they've just lost a customer.
                  cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

Quoth cindybubbles View Post
                    Perhaps it would be easier to just go to the nearest pizza place and pick up your pizzas there instead. You'll not only get your pizzas fresh, but you'll be sending a strong message to the delivery service; that they've just lost a customer.
                    Looking at the OP, they're two blocks away, so he would pickup anyway if it weren't for nadgered legs!

Comment

Quoth TheCheerfulTreeRat View Post
                      Looking at the OP, they're two blocks away, so he would pickup anyway if it weren't for nadgered legs!
                      you know sometimes i wonder if they are perhaps doing that on purpose *because* it's two blocks away.

my only suggestion would be to consider another place, to see if perhaps another company can get it right. cos even if it's further away, if they don't screw it up the pizza might actually get there faster than the 2-blocks-away place
                      Last edited by PepperElf; 02-23-2012, 02:00 PM.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                        did they keep it?
                        Nah, I got it back. Just a bit later than I expected.
                        I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

Quoth TheCheerfulTreeRat View Post
                          So that pizza place is two blocks away? If the OP can drive, he or she can afford to go to a better pizzaria and pick up pizzas there. Or if he/she doesn't mind heating up frozen pizzas and eating them, the supermarket is always available as an option.

Bottom line is, whether you call for delivery or order onsite, you should only deal with people who treat you well and know what they are doing!
                          cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

Quoth cindybubbles View Post
                            So that pizza place is two blocks away? If the OP can drive, he or she can afford to go to a better pizzaria and pick up pizzas there. Or if he/she doesn't mind heating up frozen pizzas and eating them, the supermarket is always available as an option.
                            I would think, after all this mess, that if the OP wanted frozen pizzas, they would get them. And having bad legs, I sure wouldn't want to drive all over God's green earth, when I can get delivery.

An Haddock, you are much nicer than me. After the 2nd time, I would have been on the phone screaming bloody murder at anyone and everyone.
                            I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Have you tried contacting Princess Celestia?

Comment

Quoth Bella_Vixen View Post
                                I would think, after all this mess, that if the OP wanted frozen pizzas, they would get them. And having bad legs, I sure wouldn't want to drive all over God's green earth, when I can get delivery.

An Haddock, you are much nicer than me. After the 2nd time, I would have been on the phone screaming bloody murder at anyone and everyone.

Too bad that the OP doesn't live in Canada. If so, he or she could have gone to http://www.just-eat.ca/ or http://www.orderit.ca and order food from there.

Maybe he or she could try http://www.takeouttaxi.com/.
                                Last edited by cindybubbles; 02-25-2012, 05:24 PM. Reason: Forgot to look up OP's location.
                                cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

Working...
                                X