This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
    Me, I'd holler out in my best stoner metal dude voice "I wanna hear....IRON MAAAAAAAAAAAAN!"

The thought of Iron Man being played on bagpipes is now giving me the giggles.
    You asked for it.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
    I AGREE
    Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
    Save the Ales!
    Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

XD Ok, first of all, that was awesome. Second...no, that's pretty much it. That was awesome.
      "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Me, I'd holler out in my best stoner metal dude voice "I wanna hear....IRON MAAAAAAAAAAAAN!"
        "FREEBIRD!!!"

Back on topic, yeah, I can understand how that would grate on the nerves after a while. And yes, Scotland and Ireland are NOT the same!
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
          And yes, Scotland and Ireland are NOT the same!
          Indeed, the fastest way I know to make a Scots or Irish person angry is to say that they are (but then, I get annoyed when people try to say that English and British are the same thing)
          Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Quoth csquared View Post
            While it does sound like someone has their nationalities mixed up, I'll take Scottish pipes over Irish pipes any day.
            Personally, i'd rather have a nice Welsh harp. Or better yet, a Welsh Male Voice Choir.

Oh, who am I kidding, just send me Tom Jones

Madness takes it's toll....
            Please have exact change ready.

Comment

The thought of Iron Man being played on bagpipes is now giving me the giggles.
              And a quick search on youtube gets this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MH71v-Y62s

Comment

Quoth KiaKat View Post
                KILL ME. TWO AND A HALF MORE HOURS OF THIS.
                lol. If it makes you feel ANY better next year, I used to live literally at the starting point for the Southside Irish Parade. So above and beyond the parade itself and the revelry shenanigans, we got to hear countless pipe and drum corps warming up with different tunes for several hours starting at around six.

Granted, most of these were good authentic Irish bands. But the occasional high schooler learning the pipes and the mix of songs certainly lent an air of ... discordance to the proceedings.

Comment

Quoth Merriweather View Post
                  send me Tom Jones
                  Just help yourself...
                  This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
                  I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Quoth RealUnimportant View Post
                    Just help yourself...
                    ok, now tell me what to use to get the iced tea off my monitor (the song stuck in my head isn't so bad).

Madness takes it's toll....
                    Please have exact change ready.

Comment

And today? Today they've got some awful folk singer who thinks that growling is sexay.

Over an amplifier.

That projects her "voice" from the back of that restaurant all the way across the street and into my store.

Comment

Kia, I know it's impossible, but it pretty much sounds like you somehow are across the street from the coffee shop/bookstore I used to live above.
                        Unseen but seeing
                        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                        3rd shift needs love, too
                        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I'm the "black sheep" here... I love bagpipes.

and iirc the Irish do have their own version of them called Uilleann pipes (union pipes)

Comment

I don't mind bagpipes too much. I still remember when I was a teenager, we visited Disney World and visited Epcot. I think it was at the Canadian section, they had a band there called Off Kilter that had a bagpipe player. I actually did pick up their CD while we were there. Dunno what happened to it.
                            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Pepper Elf,
                              you are not alone.... I love bagpipes too... and on St. Pat's I played my CD in the car... but then again, I was driving downtown in the middle of SXSW where we had about 50 billion different sounds (between people, cars, stereos, live venues, emergency crews etc) all trying to blend.... and I wanted to drown it all out.... *sigh* I love my bagpipes.....

I also listened to Gaelic Storm when in less traffic
                              I am well versed in the "gentle" art of verbal self-defense

Once is an accident; Twice is coincidence; Thrice is a pattern.

http://www.gofundme.com/treasurenathanwedding

Comment

I love Off Kilter!

I don't mind pipes (either Highland or Irish). When played properly, and not entirely by themselves, they're wonderful to listen to, and a ton of fun. These guys were *not* that good, and didn't have any accompaniment, except the clapping of the "audience." Painful.

Comment

Working...
                                X