This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Teefies2 View Post
    Hey now! We don't have "sweatshops" in the Carolinas, we have "air conditioning challenged" shops
    Yes, but southern women don't sweat or perspire, they "glow". (I know that's from something, but darned if I can remember what)

Madness takes it's toll....
    Please have exact change ready.

Comment

You weren't sucky. I've had places where I stopped be out of stuff and if they said, "We're sorry, we're making X right now and it will be a bit of a wait. Would you still like to order?" I'm cool.

Usually, if they're out, they'll offer an explanation, like, "The item was ordered, but apparently it wasn't sent with this delivery." There's always the case of natural disaster to delay shipments forever too. "Ice storms in Memphis have delayed our deliveries and we're out of some of our products.."

And usually, they put a sign on the outside and inside menus so you aren't left going Dafuq? Much easier on those of us with common sense and intelligence.

To not offer some sort of explanation? I'd complain too. Like in the case of our local red-roofed pizza place, they are chronically short of major items and it's not just occasionally or right after holidays/sales. The manager or whomever is in charge of ordering is renowned for short ordering stuff and letting the peons take the brunt. And he wonders why he can't keep employees...
      If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Quoth Ellain View Post
        Now I want biscuits... Darnit.
        Happy ending: Popeye's had biscuits to give us with dinner. Yay, biscuit! Except they forgot to give us the special garlicky sauce for the shrimp. My husband never thinks to check the order before he leaves the store... and they do minor things like that often enough, he should know better...
        Last edited by vikingchyk; 07-09-2012, 01:19 PM. Reason: typo
        Smile, or I'll smack you silly!
        At what age does a vampire become a crazy old bat? :[

Comment

It can be from any number of steps in the supply and prep chain. Forgetting to order, supplier is out and they're put on back order, order incorrectly packed for the driver(I've gotten bacon packed in dry ice in a popsicle-labeled second box), driver giving it to the wrong drop(what, you mean you guys aren't chic-fi-le?), unusual amount of biscuit wives ordered that week...

But they should at least have told you SOMETHING. Not sucky.

Comment

Quoth Merriweather View Post
            Yes, but southern women don't sweat or perspire, they "glow". (I know that's from something, but darned if I can remember what)
            Any number of books, and also I think "Terms of Endearment", but I might be wrong on that!

Comment

OT but here's a trip in the wayback machine. I was working at McD's when the biscuits first came out. For an entire summer I came in at about 4:30AM for a 6:30AM open so I could mix up batches of biscuit batter and get them in the oven (they took about an hour to bake) in time so we would have a supply for breakfast.

The next year they went to frozen biscuits that were pre-made but baked on site and I have no idea what they do now (maybe pre-made pre-cooked biscuits that are just heated?).

Those homemade biscuits the first year were damn good though if I do say so myself.
              You'll find a slight squeeze on the hooter an excellent safety precaution, Miss Scrumptious.

Comment

One of my friends reported that a McD's she went to on the same day was out of pop (soda for the rest of you Another friend said she thought there was a central facility that was knocked out after the derecho blew thru the mid-Atlantic area, so that might be why there were weird shortages at some restaurants. If only they had told us that...
                Smile, or I'll smack you silly!
                At what age does a vampire become a crazy old bat? :[

Comment

At the store I work at, we are constantly running out of Marlb lights. As in, on a weekly basis.

I, for the life of me, cannot figure out how after the first or definitely the second time, they didn't double or even triple the order. Honestly, we run out EVERY week.

At my last gas station, we never ran out of cigs after I started doing the order. Want to know why? I actually paid attention to the numbers and adjusted the order book accordingly. Gotta love ordering 55 CARTONS of Marlb lights twice a week.
                  I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Quoth vikingchyk View Post
                    Confession over - what is my penance?
                    Quoth Peppergirl View Post
                    But we can still figure out a penance for you, if you'd like.
                    Quoth vikingchyk View Post
                    will it involve bacon?
                    Penance always involves an absence of bacon. Rewards have bacon.
                    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth agirlfromnowhere View Post
                      Why yes, they do. There really is nothing better than a Hardees biscuit. I worked there for four years and I still love those biscuits
                      I used to make those biscuits. Really simple, really. You just mix up the batter powder with fresh milk, brush with melted butter, and bake for 10 minutes.

Come out perfect everytime. And they are good.
                      They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Working...
                      X