This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Elspeth View Post
    I need to know where to purchase said shirt!!!!!
    DITTO! I need that shirt.

Comment

*Off topic*
      There's a neat trick for preserving berries. Soak them in a 5:1 water/white vinegar mix, rinse them off, and store them back in the fridge. Apparently, it kills off whatever kinds of life are waiting to eat up the berries, so they keep refrigerated for much longer. The dilution is weak enough that you don't get the vinegar taste with it either.

I had strawberries that lasted for two weeks and kept getting ripe.

*On topic*

Back in my early cooking days, I had a somewhat crazy lady follow me around and put stuff in my cart. I'd made the mistake of asking a stranger how to make a casserole and she was just very...enthusiastic in wanting to help.

Comment

Quoth ApolloSZ View Post
        Wheres my "like" button!!!!!
        Quoth Elspeth View Post
        I need to know where to purchase said shirt!!!!!
        Quoth morgana View Post
        DITTO! I need that shirt.
        Ok, brief threadjack:
        http://www.zazzle.com/if_i_wanted_yo...62571464414930

My version is in Latin, so you have to either be fluent, or get within slapping distance to read the fine print.

Threadjack over.

I just can't understand why some people get offended when you don't take their unsolicited advice, or don't like the same thing(s) they do. Is it so critical that the universe bows to your infinite wisdom and taste? Really?

Sucks to be you.
        "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Quoth RealUnimportant View Post
          I don't even know what the hell she thought she was accomplishing, unless you'd just taken the last of the blackberries & she wanted them?
          You may be on to something, I think I did snatch the last few blackberry cases. Well sucks to be her then. I won't die if I don't get my berry-fix, she won't either.

Quoth Bronzebow View Post
          *Off topic*
          There's a neat trick for preserving berries. Soak them in a 5:1 water/white vinegar mix, rinse them off, and store them back in the fridge. Apparently, it kills off whatever kinds of life are waiting to eat up the berries, so they keep refrigerated for much longer. The dilution is weak enough that you don't get the vinegar taste with it either.
          Fascinating, I should try that. I do sortof like strawberries, but I don't like how fast they go bad. And its annoying to have to dispose of the leafy stems.
          Happiness is the exercise of vital powers along lines of excellence in a life affording you scope.

Comment

And some fruits actually interfere with medications.

I never heard of this before Mom started taking Coumadin, but from that I found out that grapefruit actually interferes with several medications. Cranberries too. In the case her medication both fruits actually INCREASE the medication's effect on the body... and since Coumadin (Warfarin) is a blood thinner... that can be a very bad thing.

So yeah, the crazy blueberry lady needs to pull her head out of her ass.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
              And some fruits actually interfere with medications.
              Yep. Grapefruit is off my allowed list because of the cholesterol meds I'm on. Not that I ate it often to begin with....
              "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

ya grapefruit interferes with an interesting number of meds.

i guess it's a good thing the blueberry bitch wasn't a grapefruit bitch eh?

Comment

Working...
                X