Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, since the inspection guy was there, at least they can't claim the leak is just your imagination.

And now you can tick the guttering off the list of possible reasons the roof is leaking.

Good luck on getting other repairs...

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
      My boss back at AccountingOffice must have been his clone. In 2009 I was dealing with systems that could barely handle XP (one still had 98 on it) with 512MB of RAM (because they couldn't fit any more than that!) and 60 gig hard drives >_> Every last one filled with enough dust to KNIT a better computer.
      Most of ours had dust elephants inside. Truly a sight to behold when you have to take the thing *outside* to blow all the crap out of it. Most of them, were so old, that there was no way I could get parts--it's impossible to find motherboards with IDE drive sockets now. If I could get those, I'd simply swap the boards out. Less down time, and I wouldn't have to replace everything. Lately though, when the older machines finally go, I've been allowed to make some of them 'disappear.' What parts I can salvage, go into keeping the others running...or into my computers at home. The rest, goes to the scrapyard.

Printers are another story--we beat the hell out of them. They simply wear out because of all the reports we print. How many, you ask? Well, we go through a *box* of paper a month At least with printers, it's always cheaper to buy a new one than to repair it.

At least being stingy saves *me* on equipment. I haven't bought any new parts since 2003. Nor have I purchased anything (other than my laptop) equipment-wise. My server came from work, as did my printer (cleaned out, regreased the various gears and other moving parts), scanner (bad solder joint on USB socket) once I brought the tools out.

I don't mind working on my own stuff. Biggest project to date was rebuilding the entire front suspension on my MG. My free time is my own, so if the repair(s) take longer, it's not a problem. I can work on it at my leisure. But, if I'm on a deadline at work...having to constantly stop and fix shit is annoying.
      Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
      X