Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I wish I had the balls to do this. . . (Long, with cursing)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wish I had the balls to do this. . . (Long, with cursing)

Hey all, haven't posted in awhile, not much to report these days.

Today though, I seriously felt like I was an extra in a movie, because this was the kind of thing that only happens in Hollywood.

RainRoommate and I were having a quick lunch at a small diner by our apartment. It was pretty busy so the staff were understandably running around trying to do alot at once. I know every restaraunt customer has certain expectations of the waitstaff but I would like to think even the dimmest among us would understand that diners are a more relaxed atmosphere.

So these two guys in suits get sat in the booth next to ours and holy-giraffe-on-stilts these guys were being SCs in every possible way. I swear, listening to them, it sounded like they were TRYING to be assholes to their server. If they had been cast as SCs in a movie they could not have done a better job. I actually made a damn list of everything they did.

1. Their waters were too cold, and the server had not brough enough lemons (they never asked for extra lemons and sent her back twice for more.)
    2. They made fun of the server's name to her face.
    3. They complained about how crowded it was.
    4. They complained about a phantom smell (I was sitting right next to them, smelled nothing amiss)
    5. They complained about the lack of variety on the menu
    6. They complained about the prices
    7. When they were done ordering, they literally threw their menus at the server (not overhand or anything, just kind of tossed it in her general direction, I thought it was rude)
    8. They complained about the noise of other customers and the kitchen.
    9. They BOTH sent their food back before the server had even put the plates down, saying it "looks like someone spit in it!" yes, seriously. Funny thing is they probably weren't wrong.
    10. They loudly complained about the food as they both shoveled it down.
    11. When she came around once to ask how things were, one of these dickheads farted in her direction and said "that's how!"

* I should point out that by now it was clear the poor girl taking care of these dickless wonders was crying everytime she left their table*

12. They complained about the food AGAIN to her manager, after they had eaten it all of course. He did not comp or even discount their meal. (I think by this point every person working there knew about these two assholes.)
    13. They paid in cash, and left her maybe a few cents for a tip.

When she came over to get their tab, and saw what they had left her, I swear I saw something in this girls' eyes. The dickheads were walking out of the restroom (where they no doubt had just finished pissing while spinning in a circle just in case they hadn't ruined enough people's days)

She flew at them, literally hurled the few coins they left in their faces and proceeded to LOUDLY admonish them in a way that would have left anyone's soul as a smoking ruin. She used curse words I had never heard of before, and I used to be in the military. She called them out on everything they had done and how they failed as human beings. I wish I could remember it word for word but watching it was just surreal. After she was done, she looked over to her manager, who I think was feeling some kind of proud horror at what he was seeing, and said.

"Bob (not real name) I don't care that you have to fire me now, these two needed this."

She turned back to the two guys.

"Fuck you, fuck you, and fuck you both again!"

And with that, ladies and gentlemen, that girl took off her apron, held her head high, and walked out of there with a smile on her face. Unbelievable.

Good for her! I'm sure they had been feeling all proud and manly at having made their server cry repeatedly.

I'm glad 'Bob' didn't comp or discount the meals, but I also think he should've stepped in a lot sooner and told them to take their besuited asses somewhere else, 'cause they weren't getting fed there!

I also hope 'Bob' tells the girl to take a few days off -- WITH pay! -- and that she can have her job back if she wants it.

Comment

Wow! The only thing missing is that 'Bob' didn't tell her she wouldn't be fired for this, right in front of them.
      Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

'Bob' should have paid attention and kicked their asses out of the restaurant WELL before the end. Good on the server telling them off on being useless meatbags.

Now, who wants to bet that one or the other is on a customer complaint site whinging about how 'rude' the server was and how 'horrible' the restaurant was?

Comment

I'm...Uh...Wow.

So, what was the reactions of the two douchebag customers?
          "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

11. When she came around once to ask how things were, one of these dickheads farted in her direction and said "that's how!"
            Just how old were these guys? 12?
            As for the whole pissing while spinning around in a circle, I remember some of us kids coming up with that idea at the babysitter's place. Of course, we didn't do it, we knew better

Comment

Okay, I'm kind of in awe, here...
              You gotta polish a memory like a stone. Chip off the parts that remind you it was just a game. Work it until it's indistinguishable from any other memory.

Comment

I would have given her an standing ovation.
                Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
                Save the Ales!
                Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

I'm hoping that you will be able to report back that Bob didn't fire her.
                  I am so SO glad I was not present for this. There would have been an unpleasant duct tape incident. - Joi

Comment

she is my hero!!! i wish i could have done that to the richard craniums that behaved like that to me back when i had a restaurant job and her boss should have stepped in way before it escalated to that. maybe it's good that she did quit because he wasn't doing his job.
                    there's some people with issues that medication, therapy or a baseball bat just can't cure

Comment

Quoth Hanzoku View Post
                      Now, who wants to bet that one or the other is on a customer complaint site whinging about how 'rude' the server was and how 'horrible' the restaurant was?
                      Unfortunately that is a sucker bet if there ever was one....
                      Typical, typical expect white-table service at a diner.
                      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Did you make sure to call 'Bob' over and explain to him everything that these two poster children for abortion did to her?

I figure if he knew what went down, he would be much less inclined to fire her unless his hands were completely tied.

Comment

You know a lot of us are assuming bob knew what was going on, he may have been working in back, or in the kitchen or just working on something else at the time and she may not have told him.
                          Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
                          Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

I think, were I witness to people bullying someone who didn't have the ability to depart the premises, that I would find myself having a word with the management about it.

^-.-^
                            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Wow. I applaud her and she is now my hero. What were the guys reactions, btw? I'm hoping they had the sense to at least look shamed. I'd be interested to know if she went back. Check next time you're out, please OP.

Comment

Working...
                              X