Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I wish I had the balls to do this. . . (Long, with cursing)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome. Absolutely fucking awesome.
    I'm sorry, but I've reached my maximum allowable exposure to stupidity limit for the day. I'll have to get back to you tomorrow.

Comment

I would have clapped. Loudly. And tried to get the rest of the patrons to join in.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth gremcint View Post
        You know a lot of us are assuming bob knew what was going on, he may have been working in back, or in the kitchen or just working on something else at the time and she may not have told him.
        That's a very good point.. or he may have been a suckadvisor or a mismanager who only cares how the employee responds to the abuse rather then the abuse itself

Comment

I'm guessing that these guys had very small dicks.
          To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Rainman View Post
            And with that, ladies and gentlemen, that girl took off her apron, held her head high, and walked out of there with a smile on her face. Unbelievable.
            Outstanding!! I wish I could have seen that.

"If you pray very hard, you can become a cat person." -Angela, "The Office"

Comment

Wow, I'm in awe. OK, maybe it would have been a tiny bit better if she'd given them the dressing down without the language (more of a mother telling off a couple of very out of control children, since that's what they were acting like) but you can hardly blame her at that point.

I really hate seeing waitstaff, retail workers, etc. just take the abuse they're given, often practically in tears but not saying a word back (though I do totally understand why they do, when you need a job to pay the bills & feed your kids, you put up with a hell of a lot, I know I did).

I sincerely hope that the manager realized what was going on (or is told by someone), and calls her to come back - not to mention wises up and starts a policy of tossing SCs out before they get to that point.

So much emphasis nowadays is put on how bad verbal abuse is, how from a parent or spouse it is as bad in some ways as physical abuse. So why are people still stupposed to put up with it from complete strangers (customers) & even from bosses? We need some kind of awareness campaign from the media and mental health associations pointing out that being abused is not a part of anyone's job description, and that it should not be tolerated by any workplace.

If a stranger in the street were to begin screaming at a person, or thow something at them, the police would be called in. But to a retail worker, that's often part of a normal work day. It's just unacceptable, IMO.

Sorry for the rant, anyone want the soapbox next?

Madness takes it's toll....
              Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Merriweather all I have to say is ...

ditto!
                https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

I'm half surprised those two didn't try to do a dine and dash. On the meals they sent back, I think I would have been tempted to put the plates under the heat lamp for a couple minutes, rearranged the food just a little, and then bring the dinners back out.
                  Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

I would have been cackling and applauding LOUDLY and congratulating her. Of course knowing me and my attitude at times I would have either A) been visiting the hospital getting a few stitches applied to me or B) been in jail for knocking these guys in their asses
                    NEVER underestimate the stupidity of the customer

Comment

I hope those two assholes were gobsmacked when she was finished. They're the kind of people who deserve to be reamed (both verbally and physically) for their actions.

Comment

We had a waiter at the Olive Garden when I worked there who'd been fired from his previous job for grabbing a table and slamming it back down to get his customer's attention, and then chasing the guy out into the parking lot and running alongside his car threatening to kick his ass for him.

He had it coming. The customer, I mean. He was asking for it so bad I really can't believe someone had never kicked his ass for him before that incident. He was foul.

We also at the same time had a waitress who'd chased a guy out into the parking lot calling him a cheap fuck who needed to learn how to tip and telling him to no go out in public if he couldn't act like something other than a shit flinging ape, and don't come back and sit in her section and expect service ever again.

So, yeah. Stressful job. People snap sometimes. It's not normal or acceptable for people to have to suck up being straight up abused day in and day out by awful excuses for human beings over petty crap that really doesn't matter all that much in the grand scheme of things.

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                          I'm guessing that these guys had very small dicks.
                          Implying they had any in the first place.
                          If anyone breaks the three pint rule, they'll be running all night to the pisser and back.

Comment

Hey all, update for you, but sadly not the update I wish I could be giving.

RainRoommate and I went to eat there again yesterday, I asked about the server in the OP and was told she does not work there anymore. Apparently she did not want to continue on there and management wasn't exactly keen on having her back anyway. I didn't press for any more details after that, didn't seem appropriate to pry any more. I'm not really surprised though, the diner is part of a chain in these parts and they are owned by a larger company, so there is a "Corporate" for SCs to email or call so they can bitch. Guess there can't always be justice huh?

Comment

Quoth Rainman View Post
                              Hey all, update for you, but sadly not the update I wish I could be giving.

RainRoommate and I went to eat there again yesterday, I asked about the server in the OP and was told she does not work there anymore. Apparently she did not want to continue on there and management wasn't exactly keen on having her back anyway. I didn't press for any more details after that, didn't seem appropriate to pry any more. I'm not really surprised though, the diner is part of a chain in these parts and they are owned by a larger company, so there is a "Corporate" for SCs to email or call so they can bitch. Guess there can't always be justice huh?
                              This doesn't surprise me in the slightest. It's such a shame that those shit flinging apes and all others who act just like them are allowed to act like that and be able to get away with it with no repercussions. It's the corporate greed mindset and "customers can do no wrong" mentality that breed such treacherous monstrosities in the first place. It's like a virus that's infecting everything because they are allowed to get away with it, and the only ones who end up suffering are the employees. The employees at food/retail/customer service all over the world. If it isn't a "customer", it's corporate breathing down their necks. If there was any justice in this world the "Customer is always right" mindset companies live on would be thrown out the window.

It just makes me sick. I bet their mothers are really proud of them.
                              Last edited by TheTigress; 10-27-2012, 12:27 AM.
                              My Fur Affinity Page:https://www.furaffinity.net/user/thetigress/
                              My Weasyl Page: https://www.weasyl.com/profile/thetigress

Comment

Quoth TheTigress View Post
                                This doesn't surprise me in the slightest. It's such a shame that those shit flinging apes and all others who act just like them are allowed to act like that and be able to get away with it with no repercussions. It's the corporate greed mindset and "customers can do no wrong" mentality that breed such treacherous monstrosities in the first place. It's like a virus that's infecting everything because they are allowed to get away with it, and the only ones who end up suffering are the employees. The employees at food/retail/customer service all over the world. If it isn't a "customer", it's corporate breathing down their necks. If there was any justice in this world the "Customer is always right" mindset companies live on would be thrown out the window.

It just makes me sick. I bet their mothers are really proud of them.
                                We of CS need to take action - any time we see someone acting like a jackass, we need to call them on the behavior [as long as it is not where we work, so we can't lose our job over it.] and document if possible for the poor employees boss. We need to fill in customer questionaires, qa cards, everything to get the pointy haired morons in management to stop with the annoying requirements, bogus secret shopper stuff that is impossible to pass, everything. We really need to take back the right to work without the insanity that the damned universities are pushing on business students.
                                EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Working...
                                X