Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Asshat SC sighting at former retail plantation (rant, some language)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
    I stepped forward and said to the SC, "Bet you feel like a real man now that you've made a teenage girl cry." He glared at me and said it wasn't any of my business. I replied, "It is, cuz this is a public place. Do you feel proud of yourself for screaming at a trainee for making a mistake?" He was about to reply, when the customer behind me said, "What a scumbag. If anyone spoke to my daughter like that, I'd thump them." SC was obviously only capable of yelling at people who couldn't defend themselves so he left.
    Thank you for standing up for that trainee, and the other good customer deserves a pat on the back, too.
    Quoth Bob The Random Boy Wonder View Post
    UPDATE: The SC complained to management about this situation because CW was apparently "rude". SC got a gift certificate for "the inconvenience", and CW is getting fired.
    Oh, that is all kinds of wrong! Your CW might be fighting an uphill battle to get her job back; I agree with you that she'd be better off finding new and better employment and telling these losers to go do something anatomically impossible.
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Bob The Random Boy Wonder View Post
      ^I've been told by several people (including my fired CW) that it was directly-related to the SC's complaint. It's pretty much common knowledge that self-checkout dude and the new manager are having some kind of personal relationship. If they fired everyone that knew, they'd have to start from scratch.
      According to another post of yours, this is the same place that shit-canned somebody for helping a disabled customer shop, amirite?

If so, I'm sure they'd turf everybody and start from scratch if they could think up a good enough reason.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
        According to another post of yours, this is the same place that shit-canned somebody for helping a disabled customer shop, amirite?
        That was me! I didn't get fired for that instance, but I did get what amounted to a very loud telling-off by a manager and a random writeup that I signed just so management would get off my back and let me get back to work. I was fired later on for "anonymously" reporting harassment under a "no-retaliation policy" (ha! ), in which corporate proved to be about as useful as a gold-plated turd.

These days, they don't need a good reason to fire someone, it seems. If they aren't firing someone because they were actually--gasp!--genuinely friendly with a customer, they're kicking them to the curb because they make max pay for their job duty and hiring someone more inexperienced that would make way less. That last one's been in use for many years. I was hired as a direct result of it, but me making minimum wage for the entire duration of my employment pretty much guarantees it didn't cause my firing.

Comment

Working...
        X