My Car Has A Cloaking Device, Apparently

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth dalesys View Post
    A scuba diving tank would likely work well, unless you're a *****blankety****, always on the horn.
    And what is wrong with being always on the horn? or...as the magistrates termed it an Unwanted Display Of Sexual Arousal
    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

I don't know what people are thinking in situations like this. Once I had to slam on the brakes twice in the space of 20 seconds. First one, I'm on a busy street with two lanes in each direction and a middle lane. I'm in the inside lane and all of a sudden there's a big pickup cutting across the lanes on the other side and entering the middle lane. Not getting into the middle lane, but going to go across it into my lane and in about two seconds we're going to be occupying the same space. I slam on the brakes, they see me and slam on their brakes and we sit there looking at each other until they motion me to go first. I think what happened was traffic had cleared up and I was the only car in the street- really unusual, this street usually is really busy- they came out of a side street and were rushing to make their left turn and somehow didn't see me. What happened next is what really puzzles me. The next driveway on my side is a gas station 10-20 feet from where I stopped. There's a red car at the exit waiting to make a left turn. I saw them as I was approaching before the pickup incident and they were sitting at a dead stop and clearly waiting for an opening. All indications said they were waiting for me to pass and the near miss happened almost right in front of them, they HAD to have seen it. So the pickup waves me on, I start to go and just as I'm passing them the red car steps on it and comes zooming out, intending to cross my lane and there's NO WAY they're going to make it. I slam on the brakes AGAIN, they stop and look surprised to see me. No idea what they were thinking.

Comment

I'm not sure it's safe to assume they WERE engaging in anything that could pass for thought.
        "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Quoth BPFH View Post
          Been there, done that... I've driven a 1991 and a 1995 Metro. Plus a Chevy Aveo5 that was bright red. Still nearly had an SUV drive into me.
          Try a Honda CRX (basically a Civic hatchback with the back seat section cut out and then ends glued back together). Painted BRIGHT SCREAMING YELLOW. I drove one for many years. I lost count of the number of close calls I had, but there were four occasions when I was unable to avoid the person who "didn't see me".
          “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
          One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
          The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Working...
          X