This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
    Unless you work a commissioned sales job or a tip based job.

Not necessarily. My tips are fairly consistant and my hourly wage income, from year to year is fairly consistant. My stiff percentage remains (within a consistantly small rage) fairly constant.

A funny fact from my life --- for tha last 6 years my income (all from pizza delivery) and tax refunds from both Federal and state have been almost the same year to year.

So yes I am on a bit of a "fixed income".
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth mathnerd View Post
      Currently my only source of income is "fixed" I'm not working, but I did have long term disability leave insurance from my employer, and I'm using it. It's pretty tough to budget on the reduced amount I get now. You know what that means? It means I do without things I used to be able to buy and enjoy (like coffee and salon hair products). And I do so without demanding that merchants cater to me because my income is suddenly reduced. Sure it stinks, but that's life.
      You're the sort of person who I would give a discount to. Acceptance of your situation combined with being nice, means I would give a discount ranging from 10% to 20%, depending on what it cost me to do the job.

In all likelihood, I probably make less than these people get from their pensions* after paying bills for the business. Yet, I still manage to get along in life.

* Here in Aus, pensions can range from approximately $700 per fortnight up to $1400 per fortnight.
      Mytical: A SC? Make a mistake? Oh goodness no. Must have been the little pink men from the planet parsley in the butternut galaxy. We all know that SC's could NEVER make mistakes.

Comment

About 20 yrs ago I worked at a Family Dollar in northern Illinois (the store is closed - has been for over 10 yrs) We had senior day every Tues. Had this one guy would come in every Tues. and it was always, "Did you give me my discount?". Heaven help you if you forgot.
        "They gave me a badge with my name on it. In case I forget who I am." Dr Who - Closing Time

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." Adam Savage-Mythbusters

Comment

I only wish I made $1400 per fortnight! Some people!
          1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
          -----
          http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

This guy needs a reality check if he thinks he's entitled to anything. This day and age he should be *thankful* he gets a pension, as they are apparently going the way of the dinosaurs.

He's being a total EW-- I mean, what's next? Discounts to anyone on government help, disabled people, geniuses, stupid people, people with an extreme aversion to the color green? He needs to put on his big girl panties and pony up or he'll be sorely disappointed everytime he has to pay a bill.

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
              I'm on a fixed income. It's fixed towards shoes.
              ...that you can't wear because it's snowing.

Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

IIRC, many people in the US would be happy to get $1400 per month on Social + pension (those who have it) combined, let alone twice a month. Oz be Awesome

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
                My stiff percentage remains (within a consistantly small rage)
                I think you meant "range", but I like this version better.
                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
                X