This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He's Too Old for You

This tale comes from my mother when she was waiting tables.

SC: Hi, how are you?
    M: Fine, you?
    SC: What time do you get off?
    M: Around 7.
    SC: Would you like to walk home with me?
    M: No, I can't do that, sorry.

The next day:

SC: I saw who you walked home with. That man is old enough to be your father!

Mom didn't tell him, but "that man" WAS her father.
    This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

The reminds me of almost the same thing happening to my Ex when she was a server.

Apparently I was grumpy looking enough to actually scare off would be "suitors" when I would arrive to pick her from work.

Had one guy offer to give her a ride home and when she accepted, he asked if she thought it would be alright with me (I was working another store at the time). She said as long as he did not try anything no problem.
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth catcul View Post
      SC: I saw who you walked home with. That man is old enough to be your father!
      ...and your point is?!?
      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Sounds like a real creeper >_> Consider calling the boys in blue if he shows up again...
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
          Sounds like a real creeper >_> Consider calling the boys in blue if he shows up again...
          Exactly! My thoughts were, "hmm, thanks for admitting that you're stalking me. What's your name? I'd like to file a restraining order against you. Looks like you won't be eating THERE anymore..."

Comment

It happened a long time ago, since she was a teenager at the time. It's lucky he didn't try anything; my grandfather carried a gun.

Comment

I had lunch with my father a couple weeks ago and the server kept rolling her eyes and making tsk tsk noises. It was obvious that she thought that my father was my "date". Yeah, no. I'm just having lunch with Dad, thank you very much.
              At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Even if he was your date, what business is it of hers?? I have a crush on someone 17 years my senior. It doesn't bother me.
                "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Many years ago, I was having lunch at the local chain restaurant with my (at the time) 16-year-old niece Princess. I don't remember exactly how it came out, but our server thought we were a couple.

No. Just no.

The sad part is, the waitress did think Princess was the age she was, meaning she must have thought I was a major pedo, since I was in my late thirties at the time.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                  Still A Customer."

Comment

When I was a little kid, my sisters didn't like to take me shopping. Both of my sisters are ten years older than me, so people thought I was a son of one of them.

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                      Even if he was your date, what business is it of hers?? I have a crush on someone 17 years my senior. It doesn't bother me.
                      True, and I have dated men not too many years younger than my father, but the ick factor wasn't there for me then because, well, they weren't my father.
                      At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Up until I was around 30, I could pass for being under 16...especially if I didn't have on make up and was my wearing hair in a ponytail. My hubby is twelve years older than me and looks his age, so he would get the dirty eyeball a lot when we were in public.

Comment

Funny that you would say that. A few years ago, I was dating a girl 12 years younger than me. I was 37, she was 25. Now, while I don't look my age, I was clearly at least late 20s, early 30s. She looked about 17, especially when she'd do her hair in pigtails. And when we'd be walking around together, I'd get the dirtiest looks. And I wanted to scream at these people, "SHE'S 25!!!"

As it turned out, our age difference wasn't a problem. The fact that she was a complete psychopath was a far bigger problem.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                          Still A Customer."

Comment

Kinda a funny offshoot:

30 years or so ago I was visiting my brother in Chicago for a couple of days. He is 17 years older than me and I was in my early 20's at the time. At the time I had longer hair and a full beard. He on the other hand was a nice clean cut business professional type.

We had to go to a local grocery store to get some items for dinner. As we were walking down the street, we kept getting funny/strange/approving looks from different people.

The only thing we could figure out was that people thought we were a gay couple.

ETA:
                            Every now and then when my daughter (who is half my age) and I either go to a movie together or have to go someplace together we get those strange "WTF are you two doing together" looks.
                            Last edited by Racket_Man; 07-11-2013, 08:30 AM.
                            I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                            -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

I was quite disappointed when my now wife got the same/a similar lineabout her dating me (at the time we had just started seeing each other). Point is, I was 34. Her? 34. I am older by 31 days.
                              FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC

You're not a unique snowflake unless you create your own mould (Raps)

***GK, Sarcastro, Lupo, LingualMonkey, BookBint, Jester, Irv, Hero & Marlowe fan***

Comment

Working...
                              X