This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unacceptable

Customer: I was charged a $35 fee for an overdraft fee. Why?

Me: yes sir, it looks like the account went negative

Customer: How come nobody called and told me that?

Me: well we dont really do that but if you go to your online banking, you can email alerts when your balance gets below a certain amount

Customer: Not good enough, what if I dont get around to checking my email

Me: well you can view your statements online

Customer: I dont have time for this. You people should be calling me when you see I am going in the negative. I want all those fees refunded immediately

Me: I cant refund all of them but what I can do is.....

Customer: UNACCEPTABLE

Me: I might be able to....

Me: sir, I am trying to give you your options

Customer: there is but one option.....you refund all seven overdraft fees

Me: what we can do is......

Me: If you would just let me.....

Me: why wont let me finish?

Customer: Are you going to refund all those fees

Me: no but I......

Customer: UNACCEPTABLE.......the law says you have to call me.

Me: what law is that?

Customer: MY LAW

Me: we can refund half the fees. Thats all

Customer: well then close my account

Me: ok but you are $520 in the negative. You have to pay that before I can close the account

Customer: I aint paying nothing. You fucked me over. You can eat the $520. Thank you and fuck you

Wow, delightful customer.

How can you rake up $520 in overdraft fees? Were you going to write some of those off? That would have been a very good deal for the customer
    There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet.

Comment

Considering the sucktomer mentioned 7 overdraft fees, and $35 for an overdraft fee, my understanding is that either the per-overdraft fee is $5 (7x$5=$35), or there was a total of $245 in fees (7x$35=$245). The remainder of the $520 was money they withdrew when they didn't have any in the account (i.e. the transactions that caused the overdraft fees).
      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth moneybags View Post
        They live in their own little worlds, don't they?

I have a separate account for my daily debit card (so if hacked, they can only get so much) and would LOVE it if my bank's online service had that email feature: I often take it down to single digits before replenishing it.

Comment

Wow. I can understand being upset and not wanting to pay the fees, but man, if someone even offered to knock half off I'd take it and run. Especially if it were my fault.

Shortly after I opened my account, my roommate had written me a rent check which I entered into the register but forgot to actually deposit. This resulted in an overdraft. I went down to the branch and explained what happened and to ask if it could be reversed. The CSR said she could do it this one time, but would be unable to do it again. I was very grateful.

Then, the other day I was balancing my checkbook and noticed two things.

1) I had done a direct transfer of my car payment from my checking account to pay for it.

2) A deposit I had made went into my savings account instead of my checking account.

I headed down to the local branch to get this corrected. The teller asked if I was there about the overdraft fee. My response was, "Huh?" After some clarification, I found that they'd taken the funds from my savings account to cover the car payment but charged a small fee.

I had to wait for the customer service person (the same one I'd dealt with previously) to get back from lunch so I left, did some shopping and returned. When she looked at my account she saw immediately what happened and reversed the charge.

At no point did it ever cross my mind to raise my voice or otherwise throw a fit. I just wish we lived in a world where people were decent to each other instead of being assholes.
          I'd tell you where to go, but I work there and I don't want to see you everyday.

My photo blog.

Comment

And he honestly believes the bank won't start adding fees to his delinquent account? Silly SC. Good luck opening accounts when your credit takes a dive for being a risk and being known as someone who overdrafts and doesn't pay up.
            A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

What a self entitled creep! 7 overdraft fees? Hello! How about paying attention to your money like the rest of us do? Jerk!
              “I myself have never been able to find out precisely what feminism is: I only know that people call me a feminist whenever I express sentiments that differentiate me from a doormat.”
              ― Rebecca West

Comment

Ok, then off to collections you go! Yeesh!

Comment

What a twat!!! If someone kept interrupting me like he did over the phone, then they're lucky we weren't face to face, cus I might have hit them. And wtf, 'my law'. Who does he think he is, God?

Comment

Quoth Evannah View Post
                    And wtf, 'my law'. Who does he think he is, God?
                    [EXTREME SARCASM]A customer who is, of course, always right.[/END SARCASM]
                    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

...and what color is the sky in your world? Does it rain donuts?

Comment

Me: I might be able to....

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

Comment

Donuts? Dang...i want to have what he's smoking. Stagecoach loves their fees!!!

Comment

My Law?

Heh. Let's see how he likes it when the ACTUAL law catches up with him and forces him to pay all those fines...with additional fines for trying to skip out on his debts, of course!
                            The customer is always WRONG.

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
                              And he honestly believes the bank won't start adding fees to his delinquent account? Silly SC. Good luck opening accounts when your credit takes a dive for being a risk and being known as someone who overdrafts and doesn't pay up.
                              Not really his credit score (Yeah I know it does play a part) BUT this person will spend at least 7 YEARS on ChexSystems bad customer register for all those overdrafts. This means VERY FEW banks will even consider opening any type of account checking or saving for many years to come.

GOOD luck SC.
                              I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                              -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Working...
                              X