This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Entitled Bitch.

So today a woman and her brat were looking at games. Brat picks up a copy of an 18-rated game and says to her bitch mother "I want this one". This brat is about 10.

They come to my till and he hands me the box.

Me: I can't sell this to you, you're under 18.
    EDB: It's mine.
    Me: It's clearly not.
    EDB: It is. I'm disabled and he's holding it because I can't.

Note that her crutches have been in her trolley since she arrived and that she was texting in one hand and holding her purse in the other. It's totally possible that she could have held it.

Me: Please, madam. I heard your son say he wanted the game.
    EDB: It's because I'm disabled! I'll have your job! You're like Hitler!

At this point I sign out of that register, sign in on another one and serve everyone else. She eventually walks away - without her crutches, may I add.
    Last edited by EricKei; 12-24-2013, 09:21 PM.

If you're like Hitler can you get me some wienerschnitzel? I got a hankerin'.

Comment

You KNOW what would happen if she had bought it (besides you getting in trouble). She would have stormed back in two hours later blaming you for selling her kid a game full of violence, sex, etc.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

MoonCat, you are greatly overestimating the involvement parents like this have in their children's lives. It could be full-on graphic violence for highly illegal and immoral purposes, but she would neither know nor care.

But ah, the Nazi card. And this close to Christmas, too. Bonus points for earning a Nazi instead of a Grinch, Crappy.
        Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

I guess the games are like alcohol/cigarettes..it can't be sold even if the parent is buying them? I know where I live R-rated movies are ok if the child is accompanied by a parent or guardian.

But no matter what it is, if that's what the law/policy states..than that's it..what is the purpose of someone being nasty to someone who can't change the policy. Be ticked at the higher ups or the law makers..not the person who has no choice but to enforce it!

Comment

I guess pending on the state/county/city it would be in the law. I only ever hear of the cashier having the right to refuse selling the game knowing the minor wants it and the parent says its ok. I could be wrong.

Comment

I can only speak to when I was working at GameStore (2007) -- If the parent was there with the kid and they authorized the sale, we had to let them buy it. There was nothing stopping us from advising them against it, but we still had to sell it if they insisted or didn't wanna listen.
              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I believe OP is across the pond, where PEGI rules the game ratings. From what I've read about it from posts here, even parents/legal guardians cannot buy age restricted product for those under the age restriction.

And yes, GameStore still allows minors to purchase a game if parent/guardian allows it - though technically now the parent/guardian has to do the actual purchase. Usually we let that one slide, unless they're being unreasonable about us wanting to make sure they know their 10-year-old wants GTA5/CallofDuty/whatever.

Comment

Where's my wienerschnitzel? I'm calling corporate.

Comment

Quoth midnightaurora View Post
                    I believe OP is across the pond, where PEGI rules the game ratings. From what I've read about it from posts here, even parents/legal guardians cannot buy age restricted product for those under the age restriction.

Yep. Trading Standards are very hot on it, and they send test sales to us too. In trying to protect my arse, I piss off a lot of people.

I'd much rather have a "Merry Christmas, you prick!" than a £5,000 fine (roughly $8,200) or six years inside.

@ An Haddock

Comment

Quoth CrappyToHelp View Post
                      EDB: It's because I'm disabled! I'll have your job! You're like Hitler!
                      So, because you won't sell her a video game (because it is against the rules), you're a power-mad, fanatical megalomaniac who promoted religious and ethnic cleansing, authorized concentration camps, and are responsible for innumerable atrocities during six years of global war. Wow. The mind reels.

Whenever someone would use that 'Nazi' bullshit on me at the convenience store, I'd just smile and say 'Sieg Heil, baby...'

Comment

Quoth ADeMartino View Post
                        So, because you won't sell her a video game (because it is against the rules), you're a power-mad, fanatical megalomaniac who promoted religious and ethnic cleansing, authorized concentration camps, and are responsible for innumerable atrocities during six years of global war. Wow. The mind reels.

Whenever someone would use that 'Nazi' bullshit on me at the convenience store, I'd just smile and say 'Sieg Heil, baby...'
                        I'd have just brought up Stalin. I do it everytime someone throws that accusation at me, of being Hitler.
                        If anyone breaks the three pint rule, they'll be running all night to the pisser and back.

Comment

Brought up Stalin how? Now I'm curious.

Comment

me too....?

Comment

As response to the Hitler accusation.
                              Chairman Oom Mao Mao or Pull Putz of the Kumheer Rouch would also work, also being accomplished mass murderers.
                              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
                              X