Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those three little packets of sugar probably aren't worth more than 10 or 15 cents. I really fail to see why some stupid old lady is going to cause such a fuss over that crap when she took 15 salt packets for herself and NO sugar packets.

Someone call the cops! The customers won't get the sugar that they think they need!

Comment

Quoth downforit2008 View Post
      Those three little packets of sugar probably aren't worth more than 10 or 15 cents. I really fail to see why some stupid old lady is going to cause such a fuss over that crap when she took 15 salt packets for herself and NO sugar packets.

Someone call the cops! The customers won't get the sugar that they think they need!

Not even. Bulk distributors sell sugar packets by the case - usually a count of 2000 for non-specialty sugars. A case these days runs around $17 - $20 which comes out to about $.008 - $.01 per packet.

In short - old person smells and is old. I would have told her to mind her own business and stop trying to get people in trouble.

Comment

Opps

Quoth An Haddock View Post
        Not even. Bulk distributors sell sugar packets by the case - usually a count of 2000 for non-specialty sugars. A case these days runs around $17 - $20 which comes out to about $.008 - $.01 per packet.

In short - old person smells and is old. I would have told her to mind her own business and stop trying to get people in trouble.
        Opps, you slipped the decimal point. 2000 packs for $20.00 means one cent each but since in Canada we have canceled the penny it means he has to pay with a nickel.

So if he must pay, he MUST take five packs to get his money's worth.

That would be funny for the manager to ask him to pay for the sugar, then in front of this old bat say: "You are overpaying, take more sugar!". In-fact he can take up to seven packs (money get rounded down below the half way point of 7.5 cents).

Bet that would piss her off more.

Damn, now I wish you were right, at that point after paying a nickel he could take all the sugar and stuff it into all his pockets, after-all he paid for it!
        Last edited by earl colby pottinger; 05-25-2014, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Quoth earl colby pottinger View Post
          Opps, you slipped the decimal point. 2000 packs for $20.00 means one cent each but since in Canada we have canceled the penny it means he has to pay with a nickel.

!

We still have pennies in the US (I'm not a fan) but yeah... 2000 packs for 20 bucks = 1 cent each.

Even then - that's on the high end of bulk purchasing. It's probably closer to about $17 a case which is a fraction of a cent per packet.

And if anyone's seen Superman III, you know what you can do with all those fractions.

Comment

Quoth An Haddock View Post

And if anyone's seen Superman III, you know what you can do with all those fractions.
            And seen what the guys in Office Space did with that idea.
            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Don't forget Hackers, Entrapment, and I Love You Phillip Morris.

Comment

Working...
              X