Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yes, there are other people in the world besides you.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you!
    Now, I'd like to digress from my prepared remarks to discuss how I invented the terlet...

Comment

venite - It's as dalesys said ^_^ It's one of our major no-no's around here, tho it normally refers to a post where someone is overtly siding with a customer being complained about, rather than the poster (it generally generally comes across as seeming disrespectful or insulting to the OP). I don't think XC meant it in quite that way

Put simply, the site is here to let people vent about their work issues without being judged for it or debated over. If people wanna debate, well, that's why we have our sister site, fratching.com...

<modhat on> If you see someone doing that or other engaging in other problematic behavior, please Report the post -- ideally without calling out the offending poster/commenting on their post-- (it's anonymous to everyone but the mod team, and we won't out you) and we'll deal with it.
      Last edited by EricKei; 03-04-2014, 02:56 PM.
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
        the site is here to let people vent about their work issues without being judged for it or debated over.
        I might add that there are times when we do FTSTS - because too many nuances of the interaction can't be conveyed in writing, or because it is the sheer repetition that got to the OP, or because the SC was sucky just by existing for some reason or another. That's when the empathy should kick in.

XCash, in this case it was loud and clear. "There was no need to be so nasty" About calling her to be rung up? wth? My ex-CW Dorothy used to sing a little song when we encountered these types: "There's no one in the world but me... there's no one in the world but me." Got to where we would just whistle it in front of the oblivious.

I kinda feel bad for the one who slunk away though.

LOVE 'C U Next Time' That's gonna get a LOT of use.

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
          I might add that there are times when we do FTSTS - because too many nuances of the interaction can't be conveyed in writing, or because it is the sheer repetition that got to the OP, or because the SC was sucky just by existing for some reason or another.
          Or sometimes because relevant details were left out. Some behavior is sucky at 5 minutes before closing but not at 2:30 PM, and if the OP doesn't make the timing clear, well, ....

Comment

Quoth Teefies2 View Post
            We had a busy time, where I got called up to the second register. There were about 6 people in line behind the one being rung up. I signed on and stated/semi-yellled "Can I take the next person in line please?"

This always leads to a bit of shuffling, as no one wants to be the one to knock over others as they head towards me. However, not this time. A woman FOUR BACK in the line runs over to my register. I saw the reactions of the people who were ahead of her, so I said " I don't think you were next in line, were you?"
            This is why one place I worked, when we opened another register, we would physically go get the next person in line an walk them over to the register. I wish more places would do this.
            It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
              register, we would physically go get the next person in line
              I've seen a modified version of this - cashier singles out the first in the queue and says "Sir/Miss, you are next in line, I can take you over here." Makes it very unambiguous for all but densest SCs.

Comment

Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
                15 minutes later I get an angry phone call from a harpy (she was nasty on the phone) wanting to complain to a manager.
                Quoth wolfie View Post
                What have the bird-women from The Odessey done to deserve this comparison?
                Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
                Harpies are the ones who tore out what's-his-name's liver over and over in Hades.
                Actually, harpies come from the story of Jason and the Argonauts. They would eat Phineus' food and befoul what they didn't eat. I guess harpy would be appropriate name to call these women. They eat up your productivity and befoul your day.
                This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Comment

I swear, I'd get fired if I worked a cash register, because the first time someone who was in line talking on a cell phone told me "I wasn't ready!" I'd tell them "This is the READY LINE, if you ain't ready you ain't in line! NEXT PLEASE!"
                  When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                    I hope this doesn't come off as a FTSTS, but people do need to realize that there are other people in the world besides them.
                    The way the FTSTS rule is written, it's impossible for the OP to be one. Though those women sucked more than a kirby in space.
                    Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Working...
                    X