• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update? Is there one?

Comment

• Quoth Akasa View Post
      Update? Is there one?
      I've been off work for a few days with a nasty flu, got back today to the following:

1) A recording of the interview where he immediately starts to try to change his story, then gets confonted with the IP data and basically says 'I must hav been confused when I spoke to you before'

2) 300+ pages of informataion from (Bank 2).

Waiting for the report from the investigator before we go to the next step - building the cast for a decline.
      How ever do they manage to breathe for themselves without having to call tech support? - Argabarga

Comment

• I expect he will not like that at all. Not one bit...
        My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

• Quoth wolfie View Post
          Am I correct in assuming that you believe Canadian Mist meets truth in labeling regulations when sold in Germany?
          Honestly? No. It's not utterly undrinkable crap, like some liquors are. But as whiskeys go, it's pretty low on the totem pole.

Quoth ADeMartino View Post
          General Motors had a difficult time back in the 1970s selling the Chevy Nova in Mexico. They couldn't figure out why until someone pointed out that Nova (No Va) was Spanish for 'No Go'.

How true is that story?
          Not at all. I went to snopes, which may not be the be all and end all of such things, but oftentimes, they are pretty right on, and very often, when they can't absolutely confirm or refute something, they say so, even if they doubt it's veracity. Such was the case with the Pepsi in China story you mentioned.

But with regard to the iconic Nova in Mexico story, snopes didn't just shoot holes in that story, it dropped a thermonuclear warhead on it, basically destroying any shred of credibility that story or any of its various alternative versions had.
          Last edited by Jester; 06-06-2014, 12:52 PM.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
          Still A Customer."

Comment

• Come for the drama, stay for the etymology lesson.
            You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

• FWIW, Mißt-stück would transliterate roughly as "piece of s***".

If we are still recommending brands of vodka, meanwhile, I feel honour bound to at least mention the Finnish local choice - Koskenkorva. It is sometimes served mixed with salmiakki (another local delicacy) as salmiakkikossu.

Comment

• Quoth Chromatix View Post
                mixed with salmiakki
                Interesting. Does it taste like ouzo?

Comment

• Quoth TimmyHate View Post
                  I've been off work for a few days with a nasty flu, got back today to the following:

1) A recording of the interview where he immediately starts to try to change his story, then gets confonted with the IP data and basically says 'I must hav been confused when I spoke to you before'

2) 300+ pages of informataion from (Bank 2).

Waiting for the report from the investigator before we go to the next step - building the cast for a decline.
                  Now TimmyHate, I warned you about this earlier. You simply did _not_ give Mr. Wheresmycar enough time to get his lies story straight. You have no one to blame but yourselves.

Seriously, "confused"? He's had _how_ long to try and explain the situation and that's the _best_ he could do? Utter FAIL!

And 300+ pages from Bank 2? Boy, going through that much paperwork will take a while. But I feel it will be _well_ worth it as I strongly suspect it will show Mr. Wheresmycar is being a bit "liberal" with the truth...

Please keep us updated, this thread is EPIC!!!

Comment

• Quoth eltf177 View Post

Seriously, "confused"? He's had _how_ long to try and explain the situation and that's the _best_ he could do? Utter FAIL!\
                    Translated to : I've sowed so much bullshit I could fertilize the Sahara Desert AND Death Valley and therefore can't recall what I told to who when.

I'd say somebody's about to sink his battleship . . .
                    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

• Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                      Translated to : I've sowed so much bullshit I could fertilize the Sahara Desert AND Death Valley and therefore can't recall what I told to who when.
                      How does the old saying go? - "A liar needs a good memory".
                      Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

• Quoth Marmalady View Post
                        How does the old saying go? - "A liar needs a good memory".
                        And fireproof underpants.
                        Mytical: A SC? Make a mistake? Oh goodness no. Must have been the little pink men from the planet parsley in the butternut galaxy. We all know that SC's could NEVER make mistakes.

Comment

• Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post

I'd say somebody's about to sink his battleship . . .
                          And this is the part where I go Who in their right mind doesn't think for one moment that everybody involved takes notes on what was said and when. And that (horror of horrors!) all these people ACTUALLY TALK TO ONE ANOTHER AND COMPARE NOTES!

Mr. Wheresmycar needs to pick one lie and stick with it. Well, little late for that now...

Comment

• For a variation on Vodka, try Schnapps. Especially butterscotch or peach schnapps.
                            Seshat's self-help guide:
                            1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                            2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                            3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                            4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

• Quoth Seshat View Post
                              For a variation on Vodka, try Schnapps. Especially butterscotch or peach schnapps.
                              Cinnamon schnapps with apple cider. Yum yum
                              They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

• Quoth Seshat View Post
                                For a variation on Vodka, try Schnapps. Especially butterscotch or peach schnapps.
                                My vote is for Peach Schnapps with OJ over ice. Perfect summertime refresher.
                                Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
                                X