This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth stitchwitch View Post
    Yes, in fact there is a whole reddit dedicated to these kind of stories, but I can't seem to find the link.
    Is this it?

Comment

Quoth Shalom View Post
      Is this it?
      And there goes my afternoon.

I snorted at this one:

Quoth reddit
      One Christmas at EPCOT's Germany Pavilion I was "hanging out" with the Nutcracker. I would do photo meet and greets every hour. First set of the day I walk out in full gear, green pants, white knobs for hands. First kid walks up to me, super excited! Being the short 6 year old that he was, he holds onto my leg for the picture. "Aww!" says his mom as she fumbles with the camera. Then I feel it. While his mom takes a lifetime to snap the picture, the boy's hand begins to rise. I thought nothing of it until... "Say cheese!" GRAB! She snaps the picture while I use all my energy not to make a sound or punch him with my ball hand. He releases, finally, turns to his mother and says:
      "Mommy, mommy, IT'S A BOY NUTCRACKER!!"
      (FYI, the parent apologised)
      The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth Shalom View Post
        Is this it?
        Yes it is! Thanks!
        Persephone is the reason for the season.

Comment

When I worked in auto parts, 'I'll Sue' was heard so often I thought it was the refrain of some pop song.

Guy wanted to 'return' a starter he'd allegedly bought from our store. NO receipt (naturally), and the thing had very obviously been underwater for a LONG time. The guy was a known scammer and when I told him no, he threatened my job. I chuckled at his remark, which REALLY pissed him off and he threatened a lawsuit.

At which point I let him have the full-bore 'BWaaahhh hahahaahahhaaaaah!" VERY loud, it got the attention of everyone in the store. He stalked out with a serious mad-on and never did return again.

Another guy tried that 'I'll Sue!" shit, claiming that his engine blew up after we'd (allegedly) sold him the wrong oil filter. Problem: we didn't sell him the filter. We didn't sell that particular brand AT ALL. His whole story was dicey anyway, even ignoring the 'brand' thing.

When I worked for a dealer's parts department, one fellow talked the service advisor into having a CUSTOMER-SUPPLIED part installed in his Thunderbird - bypassing both our parts department AND the mechanical diagnostics (there's a reason garages and dealerships don't like to do this, folks!). The part that got replaced turned out to be NOT the reason for the car's mechanical troubles, and of course, the customer started yelling that the dealership was robbing him, and naturally, he threatened to sue. The fun thing was, he actually DID try to sue - and LOST. BADLY.

Comment

Quoth ADeMartino View Post
            naturally, he threatened to sue. The fun thing was, he actually DID try to sue - and LOST. BADLY.

<GAUNTLET II VOICE> Customer needs clue. Badly!

Comment

Gosh, he must have rolled a 1...
              My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Quoth An Haddock View Post
                Customer....is about to die.

Comment

We had a row of tall poplar trees in front of our house when I was growing up. Some neighborhood girl (about 9, I think) stopped in front of the house on her way home from school one day and proceeded to strip the leaves off all the branches she could reach. She seemed to think this was good fun. We noticed when she was on the last tree. Mom went out to tell her off, and the girl said something like, "My daddy's a police man, and you can't tell me what to do because he will arrest you!"

Then Dad went out to tell her to get lost. Her response: "My mommy's a lawyer, and you have to do what I say because, if you don't, she'll sue you and take away all your money!"

Mom called the girl's parents. Her dad came over to our house, in uniform, threw his daughter over his shoulder, and hauled her home. I don't know exactly what happened, but she didn't touch our trees after that.

Quoth Peppergirl View Post
                  Go ahead and blame the person who sometimes has the ability to fix your shit, thereby making that person do the bare minimum for you..just enough to keep his or her job.
                  Yeah, and then find the manager and demand that said employee be fired, all in the name of "good customer service" or some other .

Quoth Ghel View Post
                  What's the stupidest reason a customer's threatened to sue you or your workplace, that you've personally experienced?
                  It wasn't a lawsuit threat that I got, but it was a threat of legal action to some degree.

Short answer: Customer let his brother use his laptop as a pillow and was mad at us when the screen broke.

Long answer: The Corporate Lawyer and His Sleepy Brother
                  I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
                  - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
                  - IPF

Comment

Quoth Android Kaeli View Post
                    I've been to Disney World three times (once for an actual vacation, twice for school), I can't imagine spending THAT kind of money only to get kicked out and banned.
                    I know kids who have been banned from Disney World. Every few years, my high school would send the band down there to march in the parades. They'd be down there maybe a week.. Throw in the airfares, hotels, food, etc. and it's not cheap. Some of the kids decided to steal some cheap souvenirs from one of the stands...and got busted.

Not only did they get busted for that, some of them were 18, and got a criminal charge. They got thrown out, banned from the park, and had to fly back home. As if that wasn't enough...they had to return with their parents (at their own cost) to deal with the charges and fines. All in all, several thousand bucks in fines, airfare, and hotels. Then they had to deal with punishment from the school, who not only kicked them out of the band, but banned them from school trips. I sure hope that free $5 Mickey statue was worth it!
                    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

GRAB! She snaps the picture while I use all my energy not to make a sound or punch him with my ball hand. He releases, finally, turns to his mother and says:
                      "Mommy, mommy, IT'S A BOY NUTCRACKER!!"
                      Sounds like the Disney person wasn't the only "nutcracker".

When I worked for a dealer's parts department, one fellow talked the service advisor into having a CUSTOMER-SUPPLIED part installed in his Thunderbird - bypassing both our parts department AND the mechanical diagnostics (there's a reason garages and dealerships don't like to do this, folks!).
                      I've occasionally brought in parts for both my car and my truck. Of course, these were parts for where the diagnosis was obvious, and getting the parts was a PITA (car: go to salvage yard an hour north of the city to get it, truck: part is one that needs to be ordered in, and the dealer almost always has a half-hour wait at the parts counter). Always, it's with the full understanding that if it turns out to be the wrong part, it's my fault.
                      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                        I've occasionally brought in parts for both my car and my truck. Of course, these were parts for where the diagnosis was obvious, and getting the parts was a PITA (car: go to salvage yard an hour north of the city to get it, truck: part is one that needs to be ordered in, and the dealer almost always has a half-hour wait at the parts counter). Always, it's with the full understanding that if it turns out to be the wrong part, it's my fault.
                        Yes, there are always exceptions to the general rule, but garages usually despise the idea of installing customer-supplied parts. The chief reason is customers who want to play that game tend to go for the 'inexpensive' part (for example, the cheapie starter from the discount house with only a 90-day warranty versus the one from the jobber who sells much better quality stuff). And in auto parts, particularly those discount parts houses, you often get what you pay for. That $19 starter isn't such a great deal when you have to pay your mechanic for the labor to install it TWICE.

Having worked in discount/retail parts houses, I can tell you that there is a HUGE difference in 'rebuilt' versus 'remanufactured' - and it's worth every penny of the extra cash because there is MUCH more piece of mind.

Of course, if you have a vehicle that's a pain to get parts for, it's a different story in my opinion, but a lot of garages STILL don't like to get involved in that sort of thing.

Comment

When I worked in auto parts, 'I'll Sue' was heard so often I thought it was the refrain of some pop song.
                          It is.
                          Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
                          We should be so lucky. Maybe have the dragon fry him?
                          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                          My LiveJournal
                          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
                            Customer shot the good will!

Somewhere there's a former arcade owner with 2-3 sacks of my quarters...
                            The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                            "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                            Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
                              Somewhere there's a former arcade owner doing the Scrooge McDuck with my quarters...
                              Fixed for reality.
                              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Ghel View Post
                                What's the stupidest reason a customer's threatened to sue you or your workplace, that you've personally experienced?
                                I was walking quickly back to the cash registers because customer and cashier were waiting on a price verification. As I entered the front lobby, this elderly woman saw me coming. She curled up into a standing fetal position, and yelled "I'll sue!! I'll sue!! I'll sue!!!" I guess she thought I was going to mow her down or something. I just quickly walked by her. Never came within ten feet of her.

Comment

Working...
                                X