Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know this kind of thing is more guideline than rule, but at this location it makes less than zero sense to try & pass me your payment by holding it out in your open palm. That there is bulletproof glass, which I am disinclined to punch my way through for your measily £2.20. Shoving your hand down into the cash trough, under the glass & (attempting to then move it) up the other side is just as stupid, and I do not want to touch your greasy dirty sweaty palms anyway. Just dump it in the trough, and then push it through; no, it doesn't slide because as you can plainly see it's moulded into the counter top. No, my hand doesn't bend that way either, nor do I trust you not to try & "help" by jabbing something at me. How do you think I got these other scratches?
    This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
    I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

• Quoth notalwaysright View Post
      There is a difference between having a question and being so freaking clueless that I worry about how you dress yourself in the morning. Be responsible and make at least a tiny effort to figure it out....I do not have the time to guide you through the entire process of looking though pattern books, choosing one, picking out fabric, also all the notions, explaining how to sew, explaining how to sew in a zipper, helping you find coupons, explaining all of the ways you can get discounts, etc, etc. You're trying to kill me, and you don't even realize it.
      Yes x infinity! Why do people always want to make things, but never actually learn how to make things? They want us to guide them through each and every step in the process, if not actually make it ourselves, so they can brag to their friends, "I made it all by myself!"

And considering Halloween and Christmas are coming up, it's going to get worse...
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

• Sometimes FedEx/UPS miss a scan. Just because it is still showing as "label created" 39 hours after we say it shipped does not mean the package is not already on its way. No, I cannot cancel an order in shipped status. No, I cannot credit back your card right now. If it arrives after you need it, you can refuse it or call us for a return label, but no credit until either it is returned or we can determine it was actually lost in the system.

Comment

• "No trains? Are you serious?"

Well, I have received a load of emails telling me that h0t 5ingles in my @re@ like guys with a sense of humour; that said, I'm not joking with you. What possible benefit would derive from me lying about that, unless of course I were a masochist in dire need of some chastisement...?
          This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
          I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

• That sale didn't come off right away but all the others did? That's a special case [BOGO, must buy X, etc], it will come off at the very end. See the sign that you're actually pointing at as you're ranting?

YES, I'm sure it will come off. Asking "Are you suuurrrreeeee?" while getting close enough that I can see what you had for lunch won't make me go in and change the price (which is a HUGE no-no). OK, I told you you need to hit "Continue" to get the sale, you don't want to do that until you get the sale? Have fun backing up the line, I have other stuff to deal with and I told you how to get the sale.
            "I am quite confident that I do exist."
            "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• Oh my gods, "are you sure?" is the worst question ever. Yes I'm sure! I've either checked it/looked it up in front of you, learned it over time either as part of the job or general education (formal or informal), or maybe that's how has been since before you entered the workplace, possibly even since before you were born, and no amount of questioning will change the fact that it is the way it is. If you didn't want my answer, why the did you waste both of our time by asking it!?

Comment

• Quoth RealUnimportant View Post
                Oh my gods, "are you sure?" is the worst question ever.
                Just pull a Marisa Tomei, and respond with --

Comment

• So I call a bunch of numbers and nobody comes. When someone does come up she makes a point to say that those other people probably left because it "took forever." I don't swear that much, but f*ck you too, lady. All the cutting tables were being used, we have six. The employees were not going slow. We were getting through the line relatively fast, people very often leave or miss their number, it's pretty common. Honestly, I know what it's like to wait at the fabric table. But we had excellent coverage today, I only had this ONE hag say anything all day. The rest were in decent moods (though some were rock-stupid) and actually noticed and pointed out how well we were staffed and how fast we were going.

Part was totally because of Newer Manager, because she actually responded to pages and was on the floor helping as opposed to New Manager who sat in the office and responded to 1 out of every 20 pages.
                  Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

• You want me to count the coins out of your hand ... I don't particularly like this. However you're going to keep your hand open till I do something. Okay. I will take your money just to get you out ... but then don't come back complaining that I took too much money off you.

I haven't taken too much. I have literally counted it out, off your hand and onto my counter so you can SEE what I have taken off me. This exact reason is why I don't like taking money in this way ... you get too confused about what I have taken, and then I have to waste five minutes getting my till counted to prove I took the money off you in the first place.

-.-;

people .... how can they get through life NOT knowing how to count their damned change.

Comment

• I'm not riding the bus for social reason; my car needs a repair. I know you recognize me from work but I don't want to answer questions about whatever event we had last weekend.
                      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• Quoth Food Lady View Post
                        I'm not riding the bus for social reason; my car needs a repair. I know you recognize me from work but I don't want to answer questions about whatever event we had last weekend.
                        OMG this. Also, "if you recognize me in a grocery store, do not come up and demand if we have annnny mooooree dizcounnnnts." I am NOT at work, I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to feed my husband for the rest of the week with the $15 I have left after paying bills. I DO NOT want to talk to you about how you can load up on overpriced clothing you don't need.
                        "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

• Stop putting my empty coffee carafes on the counter right where people order! If I had time to pick it up I would.

Comment

• I don't know why you're sloooowly pulling items out of your bag one by one and straightening and folding the receipt in half. I don't have time, especially since I'm going to chuck it on a bin after you return it. And don't give me that weird look because I unfolded your receipt and scanned all your items in a matter of 5 seconds. I'm not going to drag this out any further.

Comment

• For those of you who aren't aviation nuts, 07 and 28 are the two ends of the same runway.
                              Ahem...

I was under the distinct impression that the numbers should differ by 18 (180°). So the reverse of 28 would be 10, and of 07 would be 25. Meanwhile 07 and 28 would lie at a substantial angle (about 30°) to each other.

Comment

• STOP CALLING ME to try to book a room. Per corporate, you have to do that through the Centeral Reservations 1-800 number or our website. Don't hang up and call right back after I transfer you to Central Reservations, I'm sorry you don't want to talk to Habeeb, but that's policy. I'll keep transferring you until you get the hint, and I'm not going to cater to your hatred of little brown people.

I WILL NOT book your room for you, especially not when I have a line of check-ins. I won't make tired, hungry people stand there and wait while you look around your comfortable home trying to find your credit card.

If you don't want to talk to a call center rep, get with the 21st century and BOOK ONLINE. No, doing it with me is not "safer." You don't know me from Adam. You REALLY want to read off your entire CC number, expiration date and security code (which I didn't ask for and don't need) to some stranger? Just because I have a job here doesn't automatically make me honest (my mom raised me not to steal, but you don't know that).

I will help you when you get here, not before. Thank you goodbye.
                                Last edited by WishfulSpirit; 09-10-2015, 04:36 PM.
                                "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Working...
                                X