This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
    Anyone who has to wait in a line in clear view of what a bar, restraint, or movie theater is serving or showing, then hems and haws when they finally get up to the counter, is an idiot. I usually have exactly what I want in mind to eat/drink/watch before I even enter the building.
    Please add in to the above PIZZA (or for that matter any food you can order over the phone) for delivery or carryout. There is no reason to take a lengthy poll at your party WHILE ON THE PHONE attempting to order OR just pizza for two.
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

• With my job, the bartenders are also servers and tour guides. Depending on the car, they have 18 to 20 tables minus the bar. The person in question was at table 16. Guess what. It takes time to take the orders, enter them into the system, give the cook the tickets, and make the drinks. The bartender explained how the system worked too. And it's not like the customer had any place to go. I work on a train in Alaska.
      Last edited by Teysa; 09-14-2015, 06:37 AM.
      Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

• Dear SC's
        1. Please do not shout at me because of the price of something. I don't make the prices up, I just work here. If you can get it cheaper somewhere else then please do, I'm really not going to lose sleep over it.
        2. I am well aware that not everything in the window is displaying a price. I am also well aware that it is annoying but again, I just work here. Yes I do the window displays but i am just following orders. All you have to say is 'please could you tell me the price of this item in the window?'
        3. Do not swear at me because you are not getting your own way. I am not offended by bad language, in fact I have a mouth like a sewer when i'm at home but I find it offensive when someone I don't know swears at me in my place of work.
        4. As mentioned before, don't tell me to smile. The reason I am not smiling is because I have dealt with people like YOU for 10 years now.
        5. Again, mentioned before - DO NOT TOUCH ME! If you're a little old lady and you need me to help you then that's different but other than that, it's really not cool.
        6. Do not ask me 'are you sure?' when you have just asked me a question and I have answered you. Yes I am sure, otherwise i would have said 'I'm not sure'.
        and finally
        7. If you come in and I am eating it's because I don't get a lunch break, although I have 30 minutes deducted from my wages for one. You really don't need to tell me I am eating, I'm fully aware of the fact as I put the food in my own mouth. When I've finished my mouthful and apologise for keeping you waiting a whole 20 seconds, it would be nice if you didn't just tut and roll your eyes at me.

Feel much better for that.

Comment

• If you buy something from our "Friends of the Library" book corner, please don't return those items in the bookdrop. They were discarded for a reason, and we can't add them back into the system.

Comment

• Don't march up to my counter at 1pm (or even noon) and announce you're checking in. Call first, or at least ASK if we might have a room ready for you. I don't mind that at all. You're showing us the respect of knowing we have a schedule to work on, and I'll bend over backwards to take care of you.

However, don't whine like a little baby that the room on the floor you want, facing the direction you want, isn't available when you show up 2 hours early. Go get lunch. Go the British pub 3 blocks away that was actually taken apart and brought over from London. Don't sit in the lobby looking at your watch and asking me "are they ready yeeeeeet" every 10 minutes.

Check in is 3pm. It says so on the website and the confirmation you're sent when you book. Rooms do not clean themselves. Give our housekeepers some time to do them.
            Last edited by WishfulSpirit; 09-15-2015, 02:47 AM.
            "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

• You inquired and was informed in the first two minutes of the call that we run an authorization on the card for the order total when the order was placed (and bill when it ships). Do not after 40 minutes of me looking items up for you because you could not be bothered to decide what you want to buy before calling to place an order tell me you don't have any money on your card and see if the order can be placed on hold.

Comment

• No, I am not interested in your comedy routine in front of the cafe when I'm trying to open. Why do you need attention from a retail peon?
                "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• Hey, I wouldn't call that thing in which I put your brand new TV a car. More like a dumpster with bucket seats.

Not just junk strewn everywhere, but broken junk. Also lots of dirt. And ye gods, the cigarette smoke smell!
                  Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

• Stop interrupting me to ask what to do with your shopping carts. I am the Food Lady, not the Cart Queen. I really don't care about that right now. And since you distracted me, I have an overfull pitcher of superhot water to deal with.
                    Last edited by Food Lady; 09-15-2015, 07:19 PM.

Comment

• The sign on the door clearly states we open at 9.30am. All the lights except 1 are off, the shutter is down over the windows and the door is locked. Just because I am there before 9.30 does not mean I will let you in. I have to get there early to sort stuff out before we open and if I open the door to let you in I can pretty much guarantee that half the population of the town will file in behind you and expect to be served. This isn't just me being awkward (not all the time anyway) but I'm not allowed to let customers in if I'm there alone. The more you stand at the door and try and get my attention, the more I will ignore you.

Comment

• I know you're buying X, but we don't allow manufacturer coupons on reduced items from the bin (items with the yellow barcode sticker). I know the sticker says Item X, but that's only for our internal records. It scans as "Reduced Grocery" which means that the system has no idea what it is other than that. That coupon will not scan and I will not put it through.
                        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• Quoth Dizzy_1986 View Post
                          The sign on the door clearly states we open at 9.30am. All the lights except 1 are off, the shutter is down over the windows and the door is locked. Just because I am there before 9.30 does not mean I will let you in. I have to get there early to sort stuff out before we open and if I open the door to let you in I can pretty much guarantee that half the population of the town will file in behind you and expect to be served. This isn't just me being awkward (not all the time anyway) but I'm not allowed to let customers in if I'm there alone. The more you stand at the door and try and get my attention, the more I will ignore you.
                          They used to do this to me at the shoe store. It was really creepy because the cash register was immediately in front of the door and I'd be putting money in and stuff while they stared at me. I already felt a bit insecure and didn't need that. I even had times at closing when they'd try to pull our locked door open. If you see me with a vacuum, we're closed.

Comment

• When you are intending to check out library materials, please don't leave said items in a pile on a table and walk off somewhere else. Those of us who are responsible for keeping the building tidy will assume they are unwanted/unneeded items, and will pick them up.

Comment

• ********* PLEASE NOTE DO NOT TURN THIS INTO A TIPPING discussion Take that to Fratching Thank You **********

After you have signed the CC slip do NOT turn the CC slip into an origami paper crane or fold it multiple times or wad it up and stick in the clip of my pen.

Yes I KNOW you just stiffed me (and you seem soooo ashamed at doing so ** note sarcasm **** so you have to try and hide that fact from me) so at least own up to it like and adult as I will see your 0 or the blank space on the tip line in about 2 seconds when I examine the slip to make SURE it is filled out properly and in full.
                              I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                              -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

• RM, that's the equivalent of handing me wadded-up money.

Comment

Working...
                                X