Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's great that you placed the order the beginning of August so that you would get it in time. However maybe you should have actually opened the box and checked the items before 6:15 pm on September 25 when the party is at 10 am the next day....short of finding Marty McFly and borrowing his vehicle there aint no way you are getting the missing item/replacement for damaged product.

Comment

• Quoth XCashier View Post
      Why would they want hangers that have been handled by hundreds of other people, bent out of and back into shape, dropped on the floor, stepped on, etc.? Pry open your wallet and shell out a dollar for an eight-pack of new hangers at the dollar store!
      The hangers we're likely talking about are too big, bulky and cumbersome for most closets anyway.

Maybe if it were a heavier garment like a jacket I would like a hanger like that for it, but I certainly wouldn't expect the store to just give it to me.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

• Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
        The hangers we're likely talking about are too big, bulky and cumbersome for most closets anyway.

Maybe if it were a heavier garment like a jacket I would like a hanger like that for it, but I certainly wouldn't expect the store to just give it to me.
        also the hangers aren't free, the price of them would be factored into the price of the clothes.

Comment

• The bill return slot is not where coins go. There's even a little animation when you go to pay showing you where exactly to put coins (but I'm not too surprised that you ignored it). No, I can't "open it up and get them". Even if I did know how to access the return slot I'm not allowed to do it.

If you can't tell the difference between parsley and parsley root (or cabbage and horseradish--hint: the latter is much more expensive), you deserve to pay the extra. This goes for any produce really. (IMO if the customer rings their own stuff, they lose the right to complain about being overcharged if they did not notify someone right when the mistake happened)
          "I am quite confident that I do exist."
          "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• Quoth katzklaw View Post
            you see what till i'm standing at. you see the line of people in front of me... don't stand at the OTHER till look expectantly at me, or worse... wave money at me. also... quit trying to shove money in the hand i'm reaching toward your item so i can pick it up and scan it.

Oh yes, this exactly. Especially since it's the middle of the night and the other register is CLOSED until 6am and I am the only cashier in the place.

Comment

• Do they think someone will magically appear if they stand there long enough? GET IN LINE! I know you don't want to wait. Too bad, you'll have to!

Comment

• Quoth OneMoreTime View Post
                Do they think someone will magically appear if they stand there long enough?
                Yes, one of the spare cashiers that sleeps in the magical back room will come sprinting out, ring them up while angels sing an apology for the delay, then hand them a voucher good for one year's free product, which will actually be honoured until the heat death of the universe.
                This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
                I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

• I have a theory that SCs have a "busy radar". They are drawn to people who are already busy when there are multiple people who are not busy and ready to help them. This fascination with people who are otherwise occupied makes me furious. My coworkers are pacing the sales floor and chomping at their wittle retail minion bits to help. >.<

So I'm rushing to finish a task, practically running, and placing sales signs and avoiding all eye contact in a very DUN BOTHER MEH way, when an old lady says "EXCUSE ME! Can you help me? Great- can you tell me about *blahblahblah*?" I answer her question and start to walk away but wait- there's more! "I NEED you to read the back of this package for me." I look at her in a questioning way. "I forgot my reading glasses and my young granddaughter can't read." *Points to child around seven* MEANWHILE: her second granddaughter who is about twelve is just standing there. WTH? The 12 year old can't read either? So I read it to her in a supercalifragilisticexpialidocious pace, hand it back to her, and walk away before she can ask me to tie her shoelaces or something. Upon reflection, I should've said "I'm sorry, I forgot my reading glasses." =(

P.S. Helping customers is no longer my job. ^.^ My job is to get things done so the retail staff can help customers in an efficient and profit making way. There are way more retail staff than us, they are swarming the sales floor. But no, bother the person who is without a name tag and retail gear.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Comment

• Did you really think that cutting the date off that "$X off your next purchase" expired Catalina would work? We all know what they're supposed to look like. The system is still rejecting it, and I will not force it through as I can't verify the expiration date. No, you can't have it back. It didn't work for a reason, and I'm not enabling you to try it with one of my CWs. By all means, call the manager over. He'd be happy to know what you're trying to pull.
                    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• To the lot of you: By all means, continue to shove your carts into the lines right in front of the exit until a bottleneck is created and no one can get through. If there's a fire, what's going to happen, people? Walk the 6 feet and put it on the other side. And if you see me moving the carts, the best thing to do is to walk right in front of me and stop. [/sarcasm]
                      Last edited by Food Lady; 09-29-2015, 05:45 PM.
                      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• If I tell you the promotion lasts all day, don't ask "Right now?" I couldn't even hide the irritation in my voice when I repeated myself.

Comment

• Yes, please stand outside NEXT TO the trash can and proceed to spit out sunflower seeds all over the pavement. Thanks asshole.

Comment

• You have all got to stop piling so much on my counter. Lady #1, you asked me to do an exchange for you--which is a special consideration I gave to be nice--and in the middle I am having to deal with the rest of your junk ringing up because you keep putting it practically on the scanner. And Lady #2, thanks for putting your huge items up first so I can get them bagged, but give me a second before you take up my space with the rest of the merchandise. I rang up one of your $200 Lego sets three times trying to get it bagged over the scanner because you left me no room to work.

Comment

• Hotel worker here.

I just had to interrupt some kind of sex party and tell a bunch of 40-somethings in their underwear to please keep the slapping and cheerful shrieking down to a minimum. I could hear it from the lobby, eight rooms and a floor away.

Also I'm sick of wedding blocks. They're always drunk, they're always entitled, and someone always has a screaming fight at 1am.

Comment

• ^ The first one: ewwwwwwwww.

Comment

Working...
                                X