This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear Sucktomers
    If you want me to answer your question, you need to SHUT YOUR MOUTH after asking me!! Stop talking over me all the time! It's constant in this place, they ask a question then as soon as I go to answer it they go off on something completely different, then get peed off when you haven't answered their question.

Comment

• Angry old lady angry because we moved the vitamins: "Tell your bosses I said pfffbbbbt!" (Not spitting, just a spitting noise like a raspberry. Or something.)

So, to the corporate people who made the decision to move the vitamins, along with everything else in the HBA section: Pfffbtttt. There. Don't make me do that again.

Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

• Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
        Angry old lady angry because we moved the vitamins: "Tell your bosses I said pfffbbbbt!" (Not spitting, just a spitting noise like a raspberry. Or something.)
        I fart in your general direction you English Dog. Your Mother was a hamster and your Father smelled of Elderberries.
        I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
        -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

• Sure, just leave that cart from some other dept. store blocking the path through our cafe.
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• BG, my town is close to a national border and today there was an accident that closed both directions of the interstate /BG.

Oh, you're from Country to the North? Okay, we have free wifi now. So it becomes increasingly annoying for you to ask me for directions that avoid I-5. I happen to hate driving on the highway, so I do know how to get around on side streets. However, these directions are not super simple. This is not "go down Main street and turn left." This is "get on A street and turn left on B street after a few intersections the road veers to the right, follow this. Then turn left at C street..."

You get my point. I looked it up, there were 6 turns. I don't feel like it's my job to write down and/or draw a map for you when I know you could look it up on your smart phone that I SEE YOU HOLDING.

Bonus points for the lady who wanted the sole cashier to give her these directions while holding up the line.
            Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

• Quoth Racket_Man View Post
              I fart in your general direction you English Dog. Your Mother was a hamster and your Father smelled of Elderberries.
              Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time.
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

• (I hate working during the day)

We can't give discounts for fabric being in pieces, other than offering the extra bit at remnant price, 50% off. There were three pieces on a bolt, totaling about 9 yards. Customer wants a discount. First, these bolts only come with 8 yards, so she'd have two pieces no matter what. Second, I offered to do a special order, but she doesn't live in town, and didn't want to drive back. Third, she already had a 50% off coupon, so the offer of remnant was useless, since that discount doesn't stack on top of a coupon. Sorry, complicated.

I know people complain about the bolts being in pieces and their logic is "this was not exactly what I wanted." But that's like walking into a grocery store looking for three 2 liter bottles of soda, and discovering they only have one 2 liter left, so you have to buy a couple six packs of cans to make up the difference. Then you refuse a rain check and demand a discount on ALL of the soda. Not a perfect analogy, but it kinda sums it up. Not having exactly what you're looking for doesn't entitle a person to a discount, the fabric was not damaged.
                Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

• I don't sew, I stitch. Being a non-sewing person, I would think that you could just cut the pieces out differently if you had 2 pieces of fabric. Of course, if you were making curtains or pants, that wouldn't work, but making a shirt or handbag? Aren't there lots of small fiddly pieces involved?

A while back, I was at a needlework store that sold the same thread in small spools or cut pieces off a large spool. The thread off the large spool was cheaper by the yard than buying the small spools. The lady in front of me wanted x yards of thread from the big spool, but there was only y yards left. The clerk offered to sell her a piece off a small spool for the same price and the lady went ballistic. She HAD to have x number of yards off the same spool, not 2 mismatched pieces and the discount wasn't good enough for her. She left her already cut fabric on the counter and stomped out.

Over ecru thread from the same dye lot. (Cream colored thread that was all dyed at the same time, so the color was the same.)

Needlework fabric is sold by the inch, so those pieces she left would end up in the remnants bin. She effectively cost the store over $50.00 by throwing a fit over not getting an x yard piece of thread that she would cut into 18 inch lengths.

If I did cross stitch, I would have bought the fabric and found something to do with it later. I don't, so I didn't, but I did buy the rejected thread. Along with some wonderous metallic thread that I didn't need but had to have and some hand dyed silk thread just because it felt so delicious.

Comment

• New post because its totally not related.

Customer asked me when we opened. I told her we opened at 6am. She asked me if I was sure. I told her that yes, I was sure that we opened at 6am. She asked me when it had changed and I told her July 2015. She told me that she didn't believe me and told me to ask someone else. I asked the closest co-worker what time we opened and co-worker said 6am. She asked co-worker if she was sure.

Finally, I got fed up and asked Tank to tell the customer what time we opened. He nodded and motioned the customer to the door, walked outside with her and pointed at the hours painted on the door.

"You didn't need to be so rude about it!" was her parting shot as she stomped off.

Comment

• Dear people having their dinner in our lobby. Why did you think the cup of plastic cutlery, the plates, and the bowls I put out every evening were just.for.you? They weren't. Yes I politely asked for them back. Put the glare away. Yes I did that to remind you that you're hoarding free items intended for all our guests. I'm sorry you didn't like it. You weren't supposed to.
                      "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

• Please OH Please do NOT try and lie to us about what topping you ordered on your pizza. We have NEVER had steak as a pizza topping even though you "claim" to have ordered it on your pizza. I even checked my pizza places web site (yes I know there are regional and franchise differences) and NO WHERE is there steak in the topping list.
                        I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                        -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

• To those customers who may not be aware - Unless library materials are from "XYZ Public Library system", or "ABC Community College system", please DO NOT return them in our bookdrop bins. Our computer programs are not set up to check-in other library system's materials, and this just creates more work for everyone.

Comment

• Ugggh, it makes me crazy when you people insist on letting your dipwad clients spell things incorrectly, use incorrect punctuation - or none! - and fill their death notices with grammatical errors! I DON'T CARE if they are paying for it - it makes US look like idiots to the educated readers (yes, we actually do have some!) and it makes your funeral home look just as stupid!! You and your big ass overpriced funeral home aren't as special as you think you are. One of you - just one! - should have the professional decency to sit down with a family and explain to them that part of the process of honoring your loved one includes making sure there are no errors in spelling, grammar and punctuation in their notice!!
                            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

• ^ I know! I have refused to buy products because the people who write the copy can't spell.
                              "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• MoonCat, I recently had a Lady chew me out Because I edited out all the Seemingly random Capital letters in her letter to The editor.

AP Style, dear letter-writer. We follows it.

Comment

Working...
                                X