Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stop hemming and hawing and sighing over there. You're not going to get my attention because I'm off the clock. I have a right to sit here and eat in peace, too.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• That sort of thing ticks me off so much, Food Lady. Retail/customer service workers are people as well and need to do such basic things as eat, sleep and use the restroom.

We also like to leave work on time and spend time with our families. We don't live to work, we work to live.

At the food stamp office, we close the line down around 3pm because by then, there are over 50 people still waiting to be seen. The average food stamp interview takes 54 minutes. The average wait time is over 4 hours. The office closes at 5, but everyone with a number will be seen before we leave. This is very well known by our customer base.

Some people show up at 4:55 and are outraged because they can't get a number to be seen that day. We are all heartless and don't care about them. They want a manager, they want the office manager, they want the number for the Governor's office (good luck calling them, its now past 5 and they are closed).

Comment

• Slave, one time my manager came over and turned my light off for my lunch and I helped everyone in my line. When I went outside I heard the last couple complaining to each other that manager dared to send me on break. It's not like we turned off the light and told them to go to another line. It's like they were angry that lowly retail employees were let out of their cages occasionally.

Comment

• SC's care not one whit for your labor laws.....

Comment

• And being nice can't hurt. Once I was in a Wal-Mart and ended up behind a couple of SCs who were arguing over the price of an air conditioner (as I recall it was some piddling amount like $2) and finally they left. I smiled at the cashier while all this was going on, because she looked like she could use one. Finally, after they left the supervisor came over and closed her down right in front of me and said, "I'm going to send you to another register, because it's time for her to get off work." I'd already been there at least 10 minutes at that point, and started putting my order back into the basket. The cashier said, "No, I'm going to do this lady's order. She stood here very patiently while all that was going on." So I didn't have to stand in another line.

Comment

• Please just make a decision on your picture. I'd like to go home. Nobody really cares if the car is in it or there's too much grass and not enough palm tree. It's going on a cake, it's not a freaking work of art!
              I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

• You know someone is a SC when every employee they interact with complains about them. Guy walks up to me, ignores me saying hi, holds about a swatch of fabric. Does not speak. I ask if he's looking for this fabric (use your words, grown man), and he says yes, we go look. After discovering that we don't have that specific patterns right now, he made a comment about how I should "just know every item" without having to look it up. I guess he thinks that's a joke?

Anyway, the cutter who helped this guy and his wife came and complained about them. They didn't like that their fabric was on sale. Apparently it should NOT have been on sale because it's the shirtings that are on sale, and this is FLANNEL SHIRTING, so it should not be on sale.

They get to the register and the cashier had to call a manager due to this complaint, and she pretty much said that she has no control over either what is on sale, or how the signs are worded. As the customers left she heard the wife muttering about how we all just "passed the buck" and couldn't be bothered. Your life is clearly awesome, please enjoy it somewhere else.
                Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

• Y'know, I would've called the person working in apparel this morning to ask if we had any plus-size swimsuits left, but because you copped an attitude with me I did the world a favor and saved everyone from Cellulite Winter. You're welcome.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

A very large, very bulky kitchen island with a granite top isn't much use to you when you apparently live in your car.

Pitching the heaps and piles of garbage in your Saturn wouldn't have made enough room for the kitchen cart to fit. But thanks for letting me spend fifteen minutes doing next to nothing in picture=perfect Summer weather.
                  Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

• Don't look at me like I killed your puppy. I had to unfold your panties in order to get at the bar codes. (Yeah, they're 5 for whatever, but we have a little thing called inventory). I don't know why you folded them up anyway. Aren't you going to go home and wash them? You should.

Comment

• I'm surprised you only needed to unfold them, and not untie them - that customer sounded like they had their panties in a knot.
                      Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

• wolfie, I heart you.

Comment

• Quoth notalwaysright View Post
                          Guy walks up to me, ignores me saying hi, holds about a swatch of fabric. Does not speak. I ask if he's looking for this fabric (use your words, grown man),
                          Ugh, I hate that. Take your passive-aggressive jedi mind tricks elsewhere, dude. Here, we use our manners and say, "Excuse me," if we want someone's assistance.
                          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                          My LiveJournal
                          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

• Ugh. Stating a destination or sum of money is not a full sentence. "£5." "Yes, yes it is."
                            This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
                            I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

• Hand me the money. Putting it on the counter is rude.

Comment

• Don't act surprised when we ask for a diagnostic charge upon drop-off. We need to spend our time and resources figuring out what's wrong, even if you tell us the problem. More than once I've gotten computers in for spyware removal that turned out to have failing hard drives. I don't mind you coming in unannounced but had you called first I would have informed you that you needed to bring the diagnostic charge with you. (which is applied to the bill if you get the computer fixed, anyway)

And don't complain to us that you only spent $250 to buy your laptop. It's not our fault you bought the cheapest one in the store and you don't think it's worth spending money on it.

Comment

Working...
                                X