This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Coping with loss.

The old pumps are gone. They are never coming back. You will just have to work your single brain cell into figuring out how to use the new pumps without totally buggering it up. In answer to your specific questions...

* No, there is absolutely no chance of the old pumps ever returning. Firstly, the old pumps are probably rotting in a landfill somewhere. Second, they were crap and kept breaking down every five seconds. Finally, we need the new pumps in order to have pay at the pump installed.

* Yes, the hoses are exactly the same length as the old ones. You're just doing it wrong.

* See above. The old pumps were crap, and we can't get pay at the pump without installing new pumps.

If you cannot accept the new pumps, you are welcome to go elsewhere. We will not miss you and your stupid complaints.
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

Comment

• Quoth KellyHabersham View Post
      I know this might seem like a petty thing to complain about, but ....

Please don't put your unneeded library materials on the book cart which I am currently shelving. We are supposed to keep track of the number of items we shelve, and how long it takes us, and your doing this can mess that up.
      Huh. The library where I am actually wants patrons to put their books on the carts, because that keeps people from putting them back on the Shelf in the wrong place. Maybe that's why so many people are doing it? Every Library I've been to - I live in Colorado - has been that way. I would not have the slightest idea that I shouldn't put books on a cart if I went somewhere else.
      Last edited by WishfulSpirit; 09-08-2016, 11:29 PM.
      "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

• Those lines in some areas of the parking lot? What do you think that means, dumbass? It means you're not allowed to park there. Why are you arguing with me? Yes, I'm sure that's what it means! I've been here the longest out of most of the hotel staff including every front desk person! I don't know if it's a Colorado thing. I've seen it in Texas. My missionary companion parked the car in a space marked just like that and we got towed, so I'm pretty certain I know that that means!
        To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

• This is for the grocery store customers who complain about slow employees and long lines.

I work as quickly as I can when I am a cashier.

Then I a customer complained today that I was too fast for him.

I was assigned to work at one of the express lanes.

And I am too fast?

Customer...

You are in the express lane. My job responsibilities are 1) ringing up your groceries, 2) sacking them, and 3) processing your payment as quickly as I can... especially when you are in the express lane.

So customer exactly what do you want me to do when I work in the express lane?

Comment

• Why would you ask if I'm not having a good night? It's obvious I'm not if you're asking and you're making it worse.
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• Quoth WishfulSpirit View Post
              Huh. The library where I am actually wants patrons to put their books on the carts, because that keeps people from putting them back on the Shelf in the wrong place. Maybe that's why so many people are doing it? Every Library I've been to - I live in Colorado - has been that way. I would not have the slightest idea that I shouldn't put books on a cart if I went somewhere else.
              Most libraries I've been in have carts or shelves for putting unwanted books. They are usually labeled something like "Do not reshelve books. Place here." But they would rather you didn't put unwanted books on the cart being trundled around by the person actually reshelving books. (Who at my library is usually a high school student getting community service credit.)

First, they need to verify that the unwanted book hadn't actually been checked out. Second, the reshelving cart has been set up in some sort of order--usually numerical. A stray book that belongs in a different stack or on a different floor just makes more work for the reshelver, or for somebody in the basement who sets up the reshelving carts.

Comment

• For fuck's sake, people. I know you don't read signs, but come on. The sign outside clearly states that the special advertised is for two liters of pop. Why, then, do you all insist on thinking it's for twenty ounce bottles? The words TWO LITERS are in big, blue letters at the top of the sign. Learn to fucking read!
                "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

• Had a student come in and place a free classified ad to sell her bike and wrote her own phone number wrong. A week later she stomped in and yelled about how the phone number was printed wrong and the ad we printed didn't help her sell her bike, so we clearly wasted her time and owe her compensation.

How in the hell do you justify demanding compensation for your own error on something you got for free ??

Comment

• Yes ma'am I will be happy to refund everything you paid for your ad.
                    "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

• Quoth BrenDAnn View Post
                      For fuck's sake, people. I know you don't read signs, but come on. The sign outside clearly states that the special advertised is for two liters of pop. Why, then, do you all insist on thinking it's for twenty ounce bottles? The words TWO LITERS are in big, blue letters at the top of the sign. Learn to fucking read!
                      We get the same thing with "buy 2 and get x off..." A twin pack is one item. And it's already discounted. Why would we give them even more off?

Comment

• BG: Although I've been working in this store for a while, I had not been trained at the register for Reasons until very recently. Normally I cut fabric, or stock, or various other stuff. Now I keep getting called for backup at the register /BG

I was totally aware of this, but people really do suck with coupons. SC, you just handed me two full sheets of coupons and want me to figure out which ones to use. Out of both those sheets I find three that are valid for your items. You don't trust that I'm right, and huff and puff that I could only use three. Also, you printed one sheet too small for the scanner to read, so I have to hand type the number. I'm not ignoring valid coupons, they are all SUPER specific (like just for ribbon, or fabric, or felt squares, etc) so they will not all work! Plus half are expired! If you don't trust me, why not take a look at the coupons before shoving them at me? This is the marketing ploy that is currently being used to get customers in the doors, don't blame me for it.

Oh, and this isn't really a suck, more of a brain burp but, wow people do not take their cards out of the reader in a timely manner, do they? They leave the chip card inserted until it starts its frantic beeping, which they don't notice, and I have to prompt them to take their card or the transaction won't finish. >_>
                        Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

• Sometimes I would just scan all their coupons just to see what would stick, no plucks given. *BLIP* "Expired." BLIP "No item left to discount." BLIP "Expired in 1995."

You can predict how fun the transaction will be by the efficiency in which the coupons were printed. Full color, multiple pages, including one that just shows the butt-end of the web page? Oh boy.

Comment

• If my taking 5 seconds to open a roll of quarters before handing you change offends you, you have issues. And yes, I needed to rap it on the counter to get the thing to open. That's nothing to do with you. Being oversensitive will not serve you well.

Comment

• "It's good. I got it from my bank." OK, but I still have to break open rolls and count them; company policy. BTW, why do you feel it necessary to go to the bank for a roll of dimes and then use them all to pay for one item?

Comment

• Don't give me that pissy look. You got 80 cents in dimes because I was out of quarters. That would be why I turned my light off. Yet you chose to come to me instead of going to the lane that was open with the light on.

Comment

Working...
                                X