This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's still 150's in the air???
    I don't know - I last flew in 1986. I did 10 years in air traffic, and lost my medical in 1994. I still grieve.

But I have some great hours: Waco UPF7, N3N, Stearman, Cubs & T-crates, C-195 & 180s... My home field had an active antiquers club.

Then there was the time, when I was working on my commercial, where I was cleared to land straight in on Rwy 28, and suddenly had a windshield full of Cherokee! It was one of the old ones, and was being flown by a blond man in a short-sleeved white shirt. He was wearing Ray-bans, a gold watch, and had a pack of Marlboros and a gold pen in his shirt pocket.

I stood the plane on a wing and got outa there! My instructor was swearing and so was I, when we heard the same controller who cleared us clearing someone else to depart RWY 07! Ignoring Tower, I asked that pilot if he knew we were coming in for 28. (For those of you who aren't aviation nuts, 07 and 28 are the two ends of the same runway. Controller cleared us for a head-on collision, which explains the Cherokee.) He said he did, and said he'd start his turn now, since he was going south anyway.

After we landed, my instructor stomped off towards the tower. Something tells me he then put some of our SCs to shame!
    I don’t have enough middle fingers to show you how I feel about you.
    - Twitter, via Boredpanda.com, via Youtube

Right. Well. When you manage to pull the concussed deer of your intellect away from the oncoming headlights of life let me know. - Grave keeper

Comment

Except that your instructor would have been completely justified in reaming someone for a screwup that could have gotten three people (or more, if the Cherokee had passengers) DEAD. Not SC, IMO.
      "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

Quoth paxillated View Post

After we landed, my instructor stomped off towards the tower. Something tells me he then put some of our SCs to shame!

Like Seanette said, the guy deserved everything your instructor could dish out!

I shudder to think what would have happened to the guy if my grandmother had been your instructor. She'd been flying planes since she was a girl, and had bullied her way into the Army Air Corps (back when they still called it that) as a mechanic in the regular men's units stationed in Europe during WWII. Given that tidbit, let your imagination run wild as to what her personality was like. She was not a nice person. She was awesome, but not at all nice. That controller should thank his lucky stars that she wasn't one of the affected pilots that day.
        At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Quoth Rana View Post
          Don't touch me ... seriously. It's bad enough that you're in my personal space, but then you have to go and touch my arm or shoulder etc... Yes, I am glad you're happy that I showed you where something was but that doesn't give you the right to touch a random stranger.
          Some woman spied my ring and when she exclaimed over the pretty she grabbed my hand to look at it. Just...no.

Another of my thoughts from today: Stop asking me about the dog. It is not a pet. Would we allow some random dog in a place where we sell food? Of course it's a service dog. Also, it's rude to ask whom he belongs to. Then you're privy to the fact that someone has a disability, and that's medical info that's none of your business. I really should start giving crazy answers, like saying I have a sight impairment, and then act totally normal and seeing. Or I could say "I don't know. It was here when I got here," and then act all nonchalant. I have said that it's an employee's service animal and then was asked who that employee was. How about you mind your own beeswax?
          Last edited by Food Lady; 08-16-2015, 03:21 AM.
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth BrenDAnn View Post
            No, you will not make me smile.

I'm aware my face won't crack if I smile. Stop harassing me about smiling, damn it!
            "Oh, I'll be smiling in a couple of hours...because I get off work an hour from now."
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Kindly stop leaving your empty carts in the way of other customers, in front of the exit clogging up the already-too-small space, etc. You are not the only people in the world. There's empty space five feet from you. If you can't walk five feet you need a motorized cart, not a regular one.

Comment

Dear countless guests but mostly the jerk from the other day:

Strollers. are. not. allowed. inside. stadiums.

Giving me an attitude because your son is sleeping in his will not convince me to break the rules (not to mention fire code) and let you take yours in. I've heard that tale a thousand times and I'm not sympathetic to it. Getting all huffy and puffy and shouting "YOU KNOW WHAT? I DON'T THINK THAT RULE IS REAL. I DON'T THINK THAT'S TRUE" will not make me suddenly change my mind. The rule is definitely real, as is evidenced by the 100+ strollers parked all over the sides of the pathways. Try looking at your surroundings and using context clues.

---

Dear ma'am:

It is not my fault that you and your family decided to show up 10 minutes late to a show once all the handicapped seating on the upper tier of the stadium had been filled. When I politely notified you of this fact and directed you to additional handicapped seating at the lower gates you became enraged and started calling me an idiot. I didn't say wheelcahirs weren't allowed in the stadium. I simply stated that the handicapped seating up top had filled to capacity but that there was more just a short distance away. You've probably been told throughout the day that we recommend getting to shows 15-30 minutes in advance to ensure seats. Well, now you know why.

---

Dear everyone:

Stop acting like we are going out of our way to make your lives difficult. You act as if we personally tracked you down, knew you were coming to the park, and decided to ensure you have a shitty day. If you can't make it to a show on time or follow the rules then that is on you. This is a theme park and we honestly do try our hardest to make sure that you have a good day. Theme parks are supposed to be fun places but so many of you seem as if you go out of your way to have a bad time. Relax.

Comment

Dear kind sir - please stop using your library materials as an ashtray. We aren't allowed to charge customer for returning smelly items, and I hate having to check your stuff in because they have to be drenched in Lysol before being re-shelved)

*not wanting to get into a Fratching mode, I will just say that I like the smell of cigarette smoke, just not whatever brand this guy uses*

Comment

One from the other afternoon:

Yes, I asked for your ID. Yes, I'm serious. Stop glaring at me. Okay, let me defer to my manager, who is standing directly to my right. Nope, we still need ID. Get angry all you want. Seriously, you want a price check even though you don't have ID? Fine. Now GTFO until you have ID.

Oddly...he never came back. Imagine that!

ETA: Mods, can this thread get stickied please? I think it'd be very handy to keep going, kind of like the "To That One Coworker" thread. Thanks!
                    "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

If an item is on our clearance rack, it is on clearance priced. Unless someone just dumps something there but that's another rant. Just because you think it should be cheaper is not going to make it happen. As it turned out that lipstick was already 50% off. Ten bucks is about the going rate for our lipsticks so finding one for 5 isn't a bad deal. If you want cheaper, there's a dollar store right across the street. And you weren't even my customer!
                      I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

I don't do it any longer, but from my janitor days: Those wet floor signs I've put up are not an obstacle course for you to race through, and they are certainly not to be moved so you can get through. Why did I put them there? Because some dumbbunny spilled liquid everywhere, or there's broken glass and I'm not allowed to let you cut yourself. Nor will I allow you to fake a slip. I'm here trying to clean up this mess, not let you clean up in court.

I really don't care that you simply must have your chips and candy. Someone else decided to track bloody, leaking meat/milk/sugar all over the entire store, or they decided to let their children play with the potato chip bags until they burst like confetti, or they spilled their drink. You will not die if you have to wait until the mess is gone. No, I don't want to see you come barrelling through. It isn't worth watching you hurt yourself (or someone else) just because you simply must have your chocolate/chips/candy.

I've thought of a wonderful way to buy sugar; get one of those plastic bags from the grocery department and put it in it. It also works for bloody meat, flour, and milk. Since all of those things nearly always leave a trail Inspector Javert would be glad to have so nice and handy, using a bag will prevent the leakage from making a dangerous hazard for everyone else.

No, I will not open the bathroom for you. We have bathrooms in the back for you to use, and the family restroom as well. The toilets are covered in disinfectant, and the floor is partially mopped, making it too risky to tread on, not to mention the fact that once you've ruined the bathroom, I'll have to start again. Do not threaten me with relieving yourself right where you stand (which I frequently heard.) I am trying to keep you safe, and if you don't understand that, you can go straight to K-Mart.

And this one is for a supervisor: Yes, I am on my hands and knees to clean up this mess some shopper made with their laundry soap and/or cleaning chemicals. And yes, I did put an empty trash bag on the floor for me to put my legs on while I'm doing this? And do you know why? Because I don't know what happens when you mix this substance on the floor with the chemicals in our mop water, and neither do you. If you feel like taking a risk on chemical reactions that can kill us all, such as bleach and our ammonia-based floor cleaner, be my guest. As for myself, I don't care what you think; I am going to clean this mess up with absorbent and/or clean water. (Though I do admit, I did often wish that I'd meet my Prince Charming and he'd take me away. I can dream, can't I?)

From my cart pushing days: This will come as a big surprise to you, but I and my co-workers are actually not here for you to attempt to run over while we're gathering carts. How dare you treat us as if running over us will grant you bonus points. This is not some bloody video game! And the same is true of trying to scare us with your cars.

In case you haven't noticed, we do have cart pens. They're all over the place. While I'd strongly prefer that you take your groceries out of your cart in the entry hall and leave them there, I will understand if you use a cart pen. You know what I loathe? People who ride carts down the hill as if the store were an amusement park. You're lucky you didn't crash into some point-seeking driver . . . And I really, really hate people who just push their emptied cart out of the way so it can crash into anything. Guess who gets to go catch it so you don't end up causing a ruined paint job (or worse. It's happened.) Why, me, of course.

And keep control of your kids! A store is not a place to allow your children to run rampant, and a busy parking lot is definitely not the place to do so . . .
                        Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

I'm really going to have to try to stop myself from repeatedly complaining about the same exact thing. Every day. Serious.

I came back from break to find three different people had dumped their crap on the counter and either wandered off, or stood back to glare. I couldn't even tell them to get a cart because they were already so furious that there were about ten people waiting and only one cutter. On that note, here's an idea!

Stop being mad at me for something which isn't my fault! Did I choose to schedule so few people? Nooooo... I'm the one who's here, trying to help. Yet you're mad at ME. I hate you, too.

We're not your personal shoppers. I'd like to send a special screw you to the lady who pestered nearly every person in the store. You got someone to show you the area, but that person didn't *gasp!* stand with you and look at each and every freaking item, so you ask someone else. Other person points you to the same area, and doesn't hold your hand, either. Now you bug someone helping someone else at the cutting counter, who kindly directs you to take a number, since every person in the store is BUSY. You then demand a manager since you've "asked three different people and no one would help" you. You get the super sweet (pushover) manager who stands with you for 15 minutes explaining the same thing over and over again. We don't carry what you're looking for. I hope you never find anything, anywhere, ever, you horrible little person.
                          Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
                            I'm really going to have to try to stop myself from repeatedly complaining about the same exact thing. Every day. Serious.
                            Go ahead; that's what it's here for! I have the same stuff all the time and I don't want to keep making threads about it. Post here; it helps.

Comment

For the love of all things holy ... please stop leaving chilled/frozen items in random ambient stock areas. If I see it the item will be written off (we have to do this if we don't know how long it's been out of the chiller/freezer), meaning food is wasted that could have been eaten by someone else if you have taken literally one minute to take it back to the chiller/freezer area.

If you don't want to go back then bring it to a cashier and tell us you don't want it so we can put it back.

It isn't rocket science. Honestly

Comment

Quoth Rana View Post
                                For the love of all things holy ... please stop leaving chilled/frozen items in random ambient stock areas. If I see it the item will be written off (we have to do this if we don't know how long it's been out of the chiller/freezer), meaning food is wasted that could have been eaten by someone else if you have taken literally one minute to take it back to the chiller/freezer area.
                                DESPISE people who do this. Just as bad are the "this case will do" people, who put cold stuff in a freezer case, or vice-versa. No, the ice cream won't stay frozen if you place it in the soft drink case next to the registers, you twit! And that pack of fresh chicken cutlets will have to be thrown out if you leave it in the case next to the frozen pizzas. And people wonder why prices keep slowly crawling up...

Comment

Working...
                                X