This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Kristev View Post
    And keep control of your kids! A store is not a place to allow your children to run rampant, and a busy parking lot is definitely not the place to do so . . .
    It's because I've worked in retail for so long that I firmly believe we need Leash Laws in this country... for all children 5 & under!
    "Eventually one outgrows the fairy tales of childhood, belief in Santa and the Easter Bunny, and believing that SCs are even capable of imagining themselves in our position."
    --StanFlouride

Comment

Quoth WishfulSpirit View Post
      I don't have a car. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think I'm allowed to walk through the drive-through. I get the order to go because I'm bringing dinner home to my hubby and have to walk it up that hill to my apartment. That's also why I asked for a drink holder. I don't bitch about the wait time, though, unless there are two employees standing around talking about something not work-related. Even then I'd pull the manager aside, not yell at the person on the till.
      See this.. this makes sense. Customers like this I freaking love and I have no problem with. I live in a college town, I know who my walkers are. Them I have no problem with them coming in and ordering something to go. My issue with the people who 1. zoom into my parking lot like it's a drag strip because they're in a hurry and 2. Huff at me that they should have just gone through drive.

My parking lot has two entrances. From the both entrances you can see how busy drive is. From the front entrance, you can tell is somebody is ordering and if there is more than 3 people waiting. From the back entrance, you can see the entire drive set up.

I've actually had customers ask me "If I want something to go...is it faster to go through drive or is it faster to come in and order?" There are only two times where it's faster to come in and order to go. 1. If drive is slammed. 2. You have multiple orders or complicated orders. Other than that... you wait a bit at front counter because drive does take priority in how some things get handed out or dealt with.

Comment

Quoth Monterey Jack View Post
        No, the ice cream won't stay frozen if you place it in the soft drink case next to the registers, you twit! And that pack of fresh chicken cutlets will have to be thrown out if you leave it in the case next to the frozen pizzas.
        Just curious, but if you find something in the wrong case but the right category (dry/refrigerated/frozen) of storage (using your examples, the chicken in the soft drink case, or the ice cream with the frozen pizzas), can it be re-shelved or does it still need to be tossed?

Of course, sometimes even the right temperature environment won't save a product - the Kosher cottage cheese left in the bunker with the bacon would probably need to be tossed.
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

It really depends. Our soft drink coolers aren't actually ever temped because it isn't a food safety issue; soda is shelf-stable. So if someone ditched chicken in there, it would get tossed. As far as I know because our meats are so well-sealed, other items like the cottage cheese, if within safe temp, can be returned to their homes. I'd have to ask to be sure, though.
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Hey, random kids! I told you when you came in when it was sprinkling to go home where it was dry. Being middle school aged, none of you listened. Do I feel sorry for you for having to stand under our canopy and wait while it downpoured moments later? In the words of Metallica: 'and I no longer care'. You should've listened.

There are three other pumps out there, all of them open. What are you doing? Why are you waiting behind the ONE car in the lot? Seriously, just drive around them. Wow. Just fucking wow.

School starts Monday. It's not soon enough. These kids are in and out of the store all night buying shit. I'm sick of this 'here's some money go to the C-Store' way of parenting shit.
            "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Quoth BrenDAnn View Post
              'here's some money go to the C-Store' way of parenting shit.
              So much this!!!!!!!
              "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                the Kosher cottage cheese left in the bunker with the bacon would probably need to be tossed.
                Quoth Food Lady View Post
                As far as I know because our meats are so well-sealed, other items like the cottage cheese, if within safe temp, can be returned to their homes. I'd have to ask to be sure, though.
                Ordinary cottage cheese probably, but not Kosher cottage cheese. It's my understanding that dairy and meat products need to be stored separately or they lose their Kosher status. Bacon is not only a meat product, but it's made from a pig (which is considered "unclean" - pork products can never be Kosher), so any Kosher dairy product that gets put in with it would no longer be Kosher.
                Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth Jack T. Chance View Post
                  It's because I've worked in retail for so long that I firmly believe we need Leash Laws in this country... for all children 5 & under!
                  We needed a leach for our daughter when she was in the lower to middle single digit ages. You should have heard the hell both me and my Ex AND Grandparents got for that. The self-righteous asswipes we encountered were just staggering to behold.

That was better than have a road pizza for a child as child was VERY impulsive and "OHHHHHHHH SHINNY THING!!!!!!" and make a beeline for the door right next to a VERY busy road
                  I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                  -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
                    We needed a leach for our daughter when she was in the lower to middle single digit ages. You should have heard the hell both me and my Ex AND Grandparents got for that. The self-righteous asswipes we encountered were just staggering to behold.

That was better than have a road pizza for a child as child was VERY impulsive and "OHHHHHHHH SHINNY THING!!!!!!" and make a beeline for the door right next to a VERY busy road
                    That was me when I was a kid! Mum still has my harness; being partially deaf and intensely curious about the world (plus having the attention span of a butterfly) I spent waaaay too much time swinging from said harness when I tried to lunge at whatever had caught my attention, often on the other side of a busy road. I can neither confirm nor deny the fact that I liked swinging from the harness, as it was like my own private swing set...
                    "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

No, we will not sell you a PS4 for $200.

For one thing, we do not price match internet prices; it has to be in a paper circular.
                      For another thing, this is Kmart, there isn't one "local" enough to qualify for a price match (Okay, maybe there's one. Maybe)
                      For another thing, Kmart's PS4 is the bare-bones model and all ours are special editions.
                      For another thing, Kmart is already sold out of that PS4

Oh, the swamp the next city over price-matched for you? Gee, I hope the person who rang up the sale doesn't get fired when their manager finds they sold a PS4 at about a $200 loss.

BG: apparently Kmart is exiting the video game console market and advertised a PS4, online only as far as I can tell, for $200, and people are now trying to get other stores to match that price. We got several calls about this yesterday.
                      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth greek_jester View Post
                        That was me when I was a kid! Mum still has my harness; being partially deaf and intensely curious about the world (plus having the attention span of a butterfly) I spent waaaay too much time swinging from said harness when I tried to lunge at whatever had caught my attention, often on the other side of a busy road. I can neither confirm nor deny the fact that I liked swinging from the harness, as it was like my own private swing set...
                        My middle kid was exactly like this, only he didn't have the excuse of being partially deaf. He could hear just fine and still spent time swinging from the harness because he was just to impulsive to care about mom saying no. That kid is 14 now and still trouble. Most recently he decided to test the theory that humans can't fly. Well, the flight went okay, but the landing was kind of rough. Thankfully the major road rash on his arms, broken wrist and minor kidney damage has all healed nicely. He at least got smart enough to wear a helmet, which is now in two pieces, but his head is intact, and jeans spared his legs from additional road rash. He did get banned from skateboards for a while.
                        At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Quoth mathnerd View Post
                          That kid is 14 now and still trouble. Most recently he decided to test the theory that humans can't fly. Well, the flight went okay, but the landing was kind of rough. Thankfully the major road rash on his arms, broken wrist and minor kidney damage has all healed nicely. He at least got smart enough to wear a helmet, which is now in two pieces, but his head is intact, and jeans spared his legs from additional road rash. He did get banned from skateboards for a while.
                          I hate to tell you this, but human brains don't stop developing until early to mid 20's. Up until then things like impulse control and planning ahead aren't properly wired in (barring "children" who have had to grow up early due to trauma or challenging home lives). I'm afraid you've got about another decade to put up with similar stunts.

On the up side he did remember his crash helmet. Maybe next time he'll remember elbow/knee pads and a long-sleeved top?
                          "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Actually it's a little worse than that. The region of the brain that governs impulse control and risk assessment actually sees notably decreased activity during the adolescent years, and the decrease is more pronounced in boys than girls. Researchers aren't sure why, but they theorize that the "turning off" of this area of the brain at this time of life allows teens to take the kinds of risks necessary to become a functioning adult. It may have also been an evolutionary survival mechanism, where young healthy boys were able to go out and hunt large animals that helped sustain tribes/villages by ignoring the obvious risk factors of hunting large dangerous animals.
                            At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

A lady today exclaimed in a shocked voice "is this all the fabric you have now?!" So then I told her there is more fabric, and say what kind it is (clearance and home dec) and she shook her head in irritation and waved me off mid-sentence. I mean, yeah a lot of the store is other crap, but do you know why we carry it? Because people buy it. So don't blame me, blame the other shoppers, the ones that buy the fake pumpkins covered in neon glitter.
                              Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

apparently Kmart is exiting the video game console market and advertised a PS4, online only as far as I can tell, for $200, and people are now trying to get other stores to match that price. We got several calls about this yesterday.
                                Jeeez, why don't they just go to Kmart then??

Re: the kid leash - I would personally award a medal to every parent who uses this if I could. I have never seen a kid look unhappy with one of those on, and the parents are, I'm sure, a hell of a lot less stressed knowing their kid can only get so far away, can't dart into traffic, and can't disappear when mom or dad looks away for 1/10th of a second.
                                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
                                X