Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's only the second weekend for me at my hotel and I'm already tired of listening to people whine about how nobody told them the hotel is under renovation. It's all over our website and it's all over every third-party website that you can possibly book through. Even the call center has been instructed to inform you of this but I will give you a little leeway if that's how you book seeing as how the call center is not exactly staffed by the best and brightest either.
    "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

• Yes I understand that you are upset that we are out of your ecigs. I know that we are the "only place in town" that carries them (BS, we're just the cheapest). I'm sorry that you have to go "out of town" to another <my store> to get your ecigs. I refrain from mentioning that "out of town" is a mere 15 minute drive.

See, here's the thing. First of all, we are not inclined to continue to order your ecigs, as Every. Damn. Day. you come in with another coupon that looks like it has been copied. We are awaiting confirmation from the coupon issuer that that is the case. Second, you are the only person who buys them from us ... literally. We upped our order when you first started coming here, to 20 packs a week. Dang, you're smoking 20 packs of ecigs a week?? Might as well smoke the real thing, cause honey, you're gonna get almost as sick :/

And third .... are you aware that there was a HURRICANE here last week? Parts of our state are still underwater. Do you that think that might, oh I don't know, possibly, (read definately) why we haven't gotten a delivery this week??????

B**ch
      Last edited by Teefies2; 10-14-2016, 07:38 AM. Reason: clarification

Comment

• At my auto parts store we have an on-going special of 5 qt. store brand conventional oil and store brand filter for $19.99. Regular price for the 5 qt. jug of oil is $22.99; even more expensive if you buy 5 individual quarts. Any time someone comes to the counter with 5 qt. of the store brand oil I ask them if they need an oil filter. The oil filter is frequently declined. I let them know that it is cheaper if they get an oil filter. Very few opt for the oil filter. Why, oh why? We are essentially paying you $3 to take an oil filter off our hands! If it wouldn't get me fired, I would ring up an oil filter just to save them the $3. I'd even take the oil filters home with me to keep inventory from being screwed up!

Comment

• Quoth Teefies2 View Post
          We upped our order when you first started coming here, to 20 packs a week. Dang, you're smoking 20 packs of ecigs a week?? Might as well smoke the real thing, cause honey, you're gonna get almost as sick :/
          I worked for a company that did not permit smoking inside, but did permit e-cigs. We had a lot of people heavily addicted to nicotine (including my boss). He regularly left campus to smoke and drink during his lunch break. It was like 1990 all over again, it was just e-cigs instead of real cigs. Our meetings were full of guys vaping away.

Comment

• Quoth Captain Neon View Post
            ... with 5 qt. of the store brand oil I ask them if they need an oil filter...
            My dear old Crapillac believes it's a two-cycle and wants 1 qt oil for each 10 gal gas.
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• Dear lady with the quilting magazine. You came up and asked for a specific quilting item (after investigation, it was this, not sold in stores and I'm not a quilter!), which I asked about over the radio, and we don't carry. No big deal.

Here's where you sucked. You were holding a quilting magazine, opened it to the pattern you were interested in, and folded it back on itself, then casually mentioned that you weren't going to buy the magazine because the pattern is "really simple." Well screw you! Now nobody is going to buy this damaged and manhandled magazine. You even took the time to make a crease along the fold, so that it stayed open, it was really clearly damaged the magazine.
              Last edited by notalwaysright; 10-16-2016, 03:07 AM.
              Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

• Quoth notalwaysright View Post
                Here's where you sucked. You were holding a quilting magazine, opened it to the pattern you were interested in, and folded it back on itself, then casually mentioned that you weren't going to buy the magazine because the pattern is "really simple." Well screw you! Now nobody is going to buy this damaged and manhandled magazine. You even took the time to make a crease along the fold, so that it stayed open, it was really clearly damaged the magazine.
                COMIC BOOK GUY: A-hem, you fold it, you bought it!

Comment

• Quoth Teefies2 View Post
                  First of all, we are not inclined to continue to order your ecigs, as Every. Damn. Day. you come in with another coupon that looks like it has been copied. We are awaiting confirmation from the coupon issuer that that is the case. Second, you are the only person who buys them from us ... literally. We upped our order when you first started coming here, to 20 packs a week. Dang, you're smoking 20 packs of ecigs a week??
                  Someone smoking 20 packs of regular cigarettes is pretty much a 3 pack a day person - VERY heavy smoker. It gets better - most of the ecigs claim that each cartridge/ecig is equivalent to 2 packs of normal cigarettes. That means that (assuming they're buying SINGLE e-cigs - haven't seen the disposables sold in packs, and cartridges are generally 3-packs) they're doing the equivalent of 40 packs of normal cigarettes a week, or almost 6 packs a day. To me, that sounds like they're re-selling them. What are your state's laws on 3rd party sales? That person is a liability, on top of the coupon issue (store could be out A LOT of money due to coupons accepted before you get confirmation back that they're copied).

In your shoes, I'd refuse further sales on the grounds that it looks like they're doing 3rd party sales.
                  Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Dear lady with the quilting magazine. You came up and asked for a specific quilting item (after investigation, it was this, not sold in stores and I'm not a quilter!), which I asked about over the radio, and we don't carry. No big deal.

I am a quilter. Freezer paper is sold in supermarkets pretty regularly (full markets, not itty bitties) by the roll, far cheaper than those stupid sheets. Person may have been a newbie who didn't realize that the product comes in a roll at the store next to the wax paper and foil... WAY cheaper than the sheets, and it's the exact same product. My first quilting teacher told us to buy it by the roll. Stores better that way as well!

Comment

• To a customer from the other day -

Thanks so much for rolling around in cigarette ashes, piss, and sour milk before coming to the library. I really enjoyed having to shelve DVDs while you were browsing in that section!

Comment

• What were you even mad about? I'm honestly just so confused. From what I can tell it sounded like you were scolding me for the placement of the disabled seating areas. This stadium is older than me, lady. I did not have any say in the design process when it was built. Would you like me to evacuate everyone out so I can bring out my bulldozer and construct a whole new disabled seating area that is more convenient for you? I also loved how you demanded I get some of "my people" to help you out. Help you out with what, exactly? It's a Tuesday during off season, when our allotted labor hours are below even the bare minimum. I don't even have enough staff to cover the necessary positions let alone an extra person I can pull out of thin air to send to you to help you with... wait, what did you even want help with? You weren't clear at all. You were complaining to me and disrupting the show for everyone else just for the sake of complaining.

Oh, and please, don't whine about the sun being hot like I have any control over that. You're in an outdoor theme park located in a region known for sunny weather. Get over it. If anyone is aware of how hot the sun can be it is all the employees here who work in it every single day. You should see my tan lines.
                        Last edited by Totiono; 10-19-2016, 04:16 AM.

Comment

• Quoth wolfie View Post
                          Someone smoking 20 packs of regular cigarettes is pretty much a 3 pack a day person - VERY heavy smoker. It gets better - most of the ecigs claim that each cartridge/ecig is equivalent to 2 packs of normal cigarettes. That means that (assuming they're buying SINGLE e-cigs - haven't seen the disposables sold in packs, and cartridges are generally 3-packs) they're doing the equivalent of 40 packs of normal cigarettes a week, or almost 6 packs a day. To me, that sounds like they're re-selling them. What are your state's laws on 3rd party sales? That person is a liability, on top of the coupon issue (store could be out A LOT of money due to coupons accepted before you get confirmation back that they're copied).

In your shoes, I'd refuse further sales on the grounds that it looks like they're doing 3rd party sales.
                          I wish I could. But <home office> doesn't care whether you're doing third party sales. If you buy it, <home office> makes a profit!!! What I'm waiting for is the kick in the pants when coupon manufacturer comes back with "this isn't a valid coupon, nor was it the last 3 months you accepted it" and makes <home office> pay back the money. Of course, it will be my store's fault for accepting them in the first place.

HELLO?????? Did I not kick this up the chain after the first time we suspected the coupons were copied??????

Maybe THEN I'll be allowed to refuse, but probably not <sigh>

Comment

• Holy crap, some people make me want to be petty and vindictive. These two women (each with a shopping cart) are looking at quilting solids. It's a main aisle, that runs along the outer edge of the store. So these women park their carts close to each other, completely blocking the walkway. I keep having to go back and forth, and they move like six inches, and then move back, like a barricade. So instead of taking the longer path, and walking around them, I make sure to make them move, with a cheerful "excuse me!" each time. Oh, they also pulled out each extra wide quilt back, and several they leaned on the floor to look at.

... They both had carts! Yet they used the floor as an impromptu display. Later they moved to the other side of the quilting, and did the same thing, even to the point of leaning casually against the fabric. While they were doing this, one cart was still over by the solids, and the other cart is by the prints. So they're officially blocking two main aisles. This crap has been happening so much lately, it's like our store attracts the most self absorbed, bored housewives with too much time on their hands.

Also, if you want a fitted tablecloth, why are calling a place that sells fabric? We have very limited tablecloths, in the seasonal department, we aren't a party and event store.
                            Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

one cart was still over by the solids, and the other cart is by the prints. So they're officially blocking two main aisles.
                              I've been known to walk away with carts that have been unattended, blocking aisles, for a long time . . .

Comment

• The store is busy as hell and you want 20 samples cut?

Or even just five samples on a busy day.

I hate samples.

ETA: fabric store has the most ridiculous sample system. You have to take each fabric off the shelf, carry it to the big table, cut off a strip, cut a chunk off the strip and hand it to the sucktomer, write down the fabric info for the customer (often requested), cut the rest of the strip into little chunks, stuff the chunks in a little holder next to the fabric on the shelf, write down allll the fabric info and how much you cut on the sample list, then put the almost 5' tube of fabric back where it belongs.

They get a couple freebies and the rest they have to pay for the minimum cut, but it's still a huge (HYOOOUGE! Tremendous!) pain in the ass.
                                Last edited by chimera; 10-19-2016, 11:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X