X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All the time!

In her headspace.

Comment

• The bags of grapes have barcodes that aren't in the system; rather than do what I've seen other stores do (code scans, is recognized as grapes and prompts for weight) scanning it causes the machine to flip out. I lost track of how much of my time/attention is wasted by clearing that on the SCO every ten seconds.

If you leave your cart/basket for longer than ten minutes (especially if it contains perishables in warm weather) it WILL get considered 'abandoned' and moved to the returns staging area/emptied if we really need the receptacle. Yes, you will have to re-collect your meat/fish from the cases, we're not holding it here at room temp. Don't yell at me because you were too distracted to remember your shopping.
      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• Lady comes up to buy a gift card, and I haven't done that before. I have to repeatedly page questions, since the SM doesn't want to come out. Finally the lady starts to say stuff like "I have to say, the service here is always terrible" and so on. I'm so baffled by this that I don't even acknowledge that she spoke. In fact, I immediately started ignoring her, period.

I wasn't even mad or upset. I was, (and still am) honestly confused. I was worried that if I opened my mouth, I'd ask "Why are you like this? You told me you came in a hurry. So why come to a store that you have had bad experiences when in a hurry? Also, why are you buying a gift card for a store you don't like? Okay, if it's a gift for a person who likes our store, why not buy it online? Also, I was perfectly nice, why start being mean to me? In the past, has being mean made anything better?"

These are all completely rhetorical, clearly. That's just what was going through my head, and why I was happy to gift this SC over to the manager, who finally came out to help me. Also, it was not my fault, the card reader on that register wouldn't recognize the card. It's also worth noting that at the time this SC was in the store, it was fairly calm. If she had come even 30 minutes later, her wait would have been doubled or tripled.
        Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

• No, I am not "being smart" by answering your question literally, I'm being accurate. If you meant something else then that's what you should have said; if I start making assumptions then I'll get into more trouble.
          This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
          I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

• Yes, you are the customer, but so are the other 3 people waiting (properly and patiently I might add) for my help. I will not "serve you", I will tell you what you need to do/show you once if necessary, then excuse myself to do my job. If you're offended by my refusal to be treated like your personal slave, the problem here is not me.

Comment

• So the sign says 2/$10 with card, and the first one of two you are buying is scanning at $7.99. Did you put a loyalty card in? Okay, you scanned your card after scanning the first item. That discount will come off at the end...no, you don't get it for free, the price is not wrong. Scan the second one and I'll show you what I mean. Yes, the second one came off immediately and the first one will too. Hit Finish And Pay, then Continue. See, the first one also came off and the end price for both is correct. No, you do not get one for free. Go to the service desk, they can explain it to you.

Comment

• Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
                ... Go to the service desk, they can explain it to you.
                Only if the service desk has lots of words of one letter or less.
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• For the customer who said "Snugglegirl05 is not paying attention to her job and the mess on the floor" there is a much better way to say this.

Just let me know that there is a mess on the floor at the cash register I just signed into. That is all.

For the record, I had just clocked in at work and had just signed into the cash register I was assigned to.

Comment

• Whining at me will certainly help convince me to do something illegal for you.
                    You used to work here for goodness sake! You KNOW I can't do that!
                    -head desk-

Comment

• You're a grown woman...why the fuck are you sitting IN the grocery carriage and getting pushed around by another woman?!

Comment

• No, I was not targeting your son. The only reason your son was the only child in the audience that I had to tell to get down from the stage (multiple times) was because he was the only one who kept repeatedly jumping on to the stage. That's not difficult logic. Had another child gone up there I would've lunged forward to get the down as well. Sure, I had my eye on your boy because he was running around and climbing all over shit like a manic but I wasn't directly targeting him. After working here for as long as I have it's just not difficult to spot a troublemaker. All it takes is one hyperactive kid to make a mad dash into a restricted area and instantly create a safety violation.

Maybe if he hadn't continued to jump on the stage I wouldn't have had to get him down and tell him not to go up there. Besides that, I wasn't even rude about it. Sometimes I can be kind of an ass when it comes to enforcing rules (which I admit I could probably work on) but this was not one of the those times. I was pretty damn gentle considering how much of an undisciplined brat he was being. I even smiled and tried to talk to him on his level like a friend.

So spare me the attitude. Maybe if you and your family hadn't spent so much time shooting death glares at me you would've been able to keep a better eye on him. My job was to monitor the stadium and that includes making sure nobody goes on stage. Your job was to watch and control your child. One of us failed to do our job today. Can you guess who?
                        Last edited by Totiono; 11-02-2016, 02:48 AM.

Comment

• If your driving instructor turns up for your lesson, but you can't be arsed getting out of bed, don't have Daddy call trying for a refund.
                          the end of an era is not the completion of a destiny. Momentum comes when we believe the best for the future, we keep speaking life into the future, and we commit to the future - Brian Houston

Comment

• Why are you trying to grab me from behind (when you can see I have my head under a register trying to fix it) to tell me that another customer needs help? Yes, I almost hit you...why? Three guesses, I'm sure you can figure it out. Don't act all butthurt, MOD saw exactly what you did and will not entertain a complaint. By the way, thank you for showing the non-English-speaking customer that grabbing someone is how to get help.

Comment

• Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
                              Why are you trying to grab my behind
                              What I first read.
                              Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
                              Save the Ales!
                              Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

• Well, that too (I was basically on my hands and knees with my arms and head inside the register housing). SC didn't get a chance to actually touch me what with my kicking backwards and MOD yelling at him.

Comment

Working...
                                X