This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth wolfie View Post
    Ordinary cottage cheese probably, but not Kosher cottage cheese. It's my understanding that dairy and meat products need to be stored separately or they lose their Kosher status. Bacon is not only a meat product, but it's made from a pig (which is considered "unclean" - pork products can never be Kosher), so any Kosher dairy product that gets put in with it would no longer be Kosher.
    I keep kosher. The cottage cheese kosher status is perfectly fine, since the container would have stayed sealed, and therefore the non-kosher meat never came in contact with the actual food. I have one fridge (well, 2 technically, but the 2nd is for overflow), and my deli and dairy are kept in the same drawer, with a divider down the middle, and it isn't a problem.

Comment

Despite your hopes, no, I do not, in fact, like pennies.

I especially don't like the pile of them you just dumped on my fucking counter.

$1.14 in pennies. Great. Yeah, I'm getting cups to put that dollar's worth in, since my damn drawer won't hold that many.

Oh, and you're still short. You still have to go to your car. You realize you're holding up another rather impatient looking customer, right? Don't care? Well, then. Fuck you, too.

Yes, I cashed your transaction out and moved on while you went out and retrieved your sticky fucking pennies. As I said, the guy behind you was looking less than patient.

Don't stand there staring at me. You're done. You've paid. Get out!
      Last edited by BrenDAnn; 08-19-2015, 04:54 AM.
      "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
        For another thing, this is Kmart, there isn't one "local" enough to qualify for a price match (Okay, maybe there's one. Maybe)
        For another thing, Kmart's PS4 is the bare-bones model and all ours are special editions.
        For another thing, Kmart is already sold out of that PS4

WOW I guess there are still K-Marts left in our state. (NONE left up north east)
        I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
        -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Read. The. Coupon. Yes, use your bloody eyes and read what's written on the coupon before you try to use it here and make a fool of yourself cuz it's one of these things:

1. Expired.
          2. Not for the petrol station, for the supermarket.
          3. You haven't carried out the instructions.

The expiry date is at the top of the coupon. After the coupon expires, surprise! You can no longer use it! Throwing a hissy fit and demanding a manager isn't going to work. Each coupon has at least two weeks on it, I'm sure you can get down here during that time.

We have a very simple system for working out which coupon is for the petrol station. The petrol station ones have a pump picture on them, the supermarket ones have a trolley. Working out which is which is not difficult, and can be accomplished by mere children.

Finally, if your coupon says you have to spend a certain amount of money in the supermarket before you can get money off petrol, then kindly do so. Presenting the original coupon at the till and whining cuz we won't accept it just makes you look like a moron who can't read.
          People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
          My DeviantArt.

Comment

Unless your library materials say "XYZ Public Library System", or "ABC community college" system, DO NOT put them in our bookdrop! We can't check those items in, and have a limited amount of space to store those items before they have to be sent back to whatever library they should have been returned at in the first place.

Comment

Dear customers, do not expect me to know who you are. Unless, like our regulars, you come in at least once a day and/or are memorable, I am not going to remember who you are as I see hundreds of people coming in. Also, please don't use my name; it's creepy if I don't know you. We are not name buddies; just cuz I have to wear a name tag, it doesn't give you the right to use my name.
              People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
              My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                No, we will not sell you a PS4 for $200.

For one thing, we do not price match internet prices; it has to be in a paper circular.
                For another thing, this is Kmart, there isn't one "local" enough to qualify for a price match (Okay, maybe there's one. Maybe)
                For another thing, Kmart's PS4 is the bare-bones model and all ours are special editions.
                For another thing, Kmart is already sold out of that PS4

Oh, the swamp the next city over price-matched for you? Gee, I hope the person who rang up the sale doesn't get fired when their manager finds they sold a PS4 at about a $200 loss.

BG: apparently Kmart is exiting the video game console market and advertised a PS4, online only as far as I can tell, for $200, and people are now trying to get other stores to match that price. We got several calls about this yesterday.
                It was even WORSE last year at the kick-off of the Christmas Shopping Season, when Wal*Mart foolishly included Price Matching of Amazon.Com prices in their new and "improved" Price Matching Policy. They IMMEDIATELY found themselves faced with dishonest SCs that were listing bogus Marketplace listings for PS4s they didn't have, priced at, oh, say, $90, so they could get Wal*Mart to price match it.

To their credit, Wally World VERY quickly realized what was going on, and updated the policy to state that any Amazon items MUST be Sold and Fulfilled by Amazon.Com, and that the price CANNOT go below Wal*Mart's cost for the item.

And since I work in a mattress store, I get customers trying to weasel their way into stupidly low prices on the items I sell. I'm VERY quick to put a stop to that. Or, to put it in the current vernacular... "Bye Felicia!"
                "Eventually one outgrows the fairy tales of childhood, belief in Santa and the Easter Bunny, and believing that SCs are even capable of imagining themselves in our position."
                --StanFlouride

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                  "Oh, I'll be smiling in a couple of hours...because I get off work an hour from now."
                  "And I'll be good and drunk in another hour!"
                  Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
                  Also, please don't use my name; it's creepy if I don't know you. We are not name buddies; just cuz I have to wear a name tag, it doesn't give you the right to use my name.
                  Oh, yes. Had one customer who kept using my name at least twice in each sentence. "Good morning, X, well, I have an issue X, maybe you could help me with it, X? See, X, I'm making a dress, X, and I can't decide between the satin and the dupioni, X. I know they're both good, X, but what do you think, X?" Well, I think you should stop reading How To Win Friends And Influence People.
                  Last edited by XCashier; 08-22-2015, 05:16 PM.
                  I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                  My LiveJournal
                  A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I work for a world wide company that provides food services to institutions and major league sports parks/arenas. Some of our locations hold licences to sell other branded products; the location I am at now has a licence to sell coffee and donuts from a chain that was started by a Canadian NHL hockey player.

SC: Is the coffee fresh?
                    ME: Are you suggesting I'm not doing my job by tossing it after 20 minutes?

ME: Sorry, I'm out of that product right now.
                    SC: Are you kidding???
                    ME: Why yes, I am, hahahaha!!!

SC: Do you have any more stuff in the back?
                    ME: Oh yes, it sells better when customers can't see it.

SC: You owe me $1.00 in change.
                    ME: Gee, thanks for pointing that out but I do know how to count.

SC: Do I pay for this here?
                    ME: Where else would you pay for the coffee I just gave you? Out in the parking lot?

SC: Are you closed?
                    ME: I guess the lights being off and the gates being locked tipped you off eh?

SC: Are you open?
                    ME: That's why I'm standing here behind the cash register.

I have actually said these things to some customers only because I can't believe that some people are actually THAT stupid.
                    The customer is always right until I decide he isn't.

Comment

What we all need:Click image for larger version

Name:	DIP extractor+.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	172.8 KB
ID:	2030582
                      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Dear customer:
                        • An order/invoice number and an item number are two completely different things.
                        • If you cannot grasp the concept of authorization on your card, do not do the deferred billing offer from your catalog.
                        • If you call at 6:40 pm on a Friday because your order isn't arriving until Monday there is not anything I can do to get the item you need to you any sooner.
                        • If you do not know any of the following--order #, customer #, phone # associated with account, name/billing zip code, email address, or cc# used...I cannot pull anything up.
                        • If is says "discontinued" on the website, we do not have any more left. No, not even one or two.

Comment

Again with the smartass people and getting ID'd.

Yes, I need your ID. I don't care that you're the grandson of my regular customer who just left. He also has grandkids that are babies, toddlers, or very young school aged. ID. Now.
                          "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Quoth BrenDAnn View Post
                            Yes, I need your ID. I don't care that you're the grandson of my regular customer who just left.
                            If the person had been the grandfather of one of your regular customers, would you still have needed ID?
                            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

^In my store he would have and boy, do they complain. It would take less time to hand it over than hem and haw or joke about how old they are.
                              "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Rana View Post
                                For the love of all things holy ... please stop leaving chilled/frozen items in random ambient stock areas. If I see it the item will be written off (we have to do this if we don't know how long it's been out of the chiller/freezer), meaning food is wasted that could have been eaten by someone else if you have taken literally one minute to take it back to the chiller/freezer area.

If you don't want to go back then bring it to a cashier and tell us you don't want it so we can put it back.

It isn't rocket science. Honestly
                                This is something that drives me batty as well, especially since I live in the #1 area for food insecurity in the nation!

I'll save the rest of that rant for Fratching.
                                Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
                                X