Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I used to work in a gas station. It used to KILL me to see people roll in with their EBT cards and buy 100$ worth of Monsters and beef jerky. Their kids would be begging for a candy bar or something, and no dice. Then they would produce a wad of cash that would choke a horse, to pay for their beer and smokes.
    Now I'm on the opposite side of the coin. People buying smokes is what's keeping me outta the gas station.

Comment

• Yeah, I know you "said 3 times eleventy!!" but you didn't have the name for the thing you were looking for so I went with the thing you first said. You got angry at me for looking in that department and didn't even bother to check out the merchandise there and yet that's exactly where my coworker found what you wanted. I don't appreciate being treated like I'm stupid. I haven't bought every item that exists in the store so no, I don't always know what you people are talking about if you don't.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• Even if they HAVE name for it, chances are it's the wrong name...

Comment

• ^Exactly, which it was. ugh

Comment

• Hey lady, how about you actually CHECK to see if you have enough cash for the self-check line before I've already put $20 in for you?

Comment

• I know I'm the closest employee, but you can see I'm balancing a heavy shelf in a small space. I hear you, and I will address you fully when I can maneuver this into a safe position where I won't get hurt (what part of "I'll be with you in a minute" don't you get?...ohhh, I didn't make eye contact so how were you to know I was talking to you...welcome to my world ). Really don't get up and tap me on the shoulder when I'm crouched down with my head inside said shelving unit. Really, really don't do this when your only observation is "you need more chairs here" (no shit but I have nothing to do with that).
              "I am quite confident that I do exist."
              "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• I wish you people would stop asking me to "pass along" to management that the hold times are long. THEY KNOW. It's 2017; computers can keep track of that. What do you want them to do, force people to work here? We can only put as many people on the phones as agree to walk in the building every day.

Comment

• *not really sucky, just more of an annoyance*

If your child brings home a library card application (this being from an outreach program at school), please write legibly when you're filling it out. Especially when signing your own name, or writing down your e-mail address........it's hard to know what to enter into the computer when your name looks like "Mfuewew Heiewohweir", and your e-mail looks like it's "ewjrwoeriweor@gmail.com"

Comment

• If you are going to fill out ANY form, please write legibly. If you can't, please oh please get someone to help. I can't tell you how many dropped off applications I've seen that take 3 people just to figure out the name and SSN.

Mine: If the office doors are locked, that means that we are closed. Do NOT stand by the employee exit door to loudly and rudely demand that exiting employees go back and finish your food stamp case.

The result of this behavior will be that the exiting employees will go back into the office and the next person that uses that door will be an armed security guard.

Oh, and btw...that isn't the only employee exit. That's how the other armed security guard got behind you.

Comment

• If there are three tills open, kindly go to one of the other tills other than mine when you can clearly see that I have tons of product all over my till which is waiting to be reduced.
                      People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                      My DeviantArt.

Comment

• Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
                        ... product all over my till which is waiting to be reduced.
                        You will go in the stewpot with the other vegetables for broth.
                        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• If you see the sign says please use next register, kindly go there please! I'd like to go home!

Comment

• That minutes silence we talked about over the announcements system. The one for the people who’ve been killed/ injured/ lost loved ones/ had their lives ripped apart; it started when we warned you it would.
                            We asked you, in polite terms, to shut the *$%k up, for one minute, stop what you’re doing if possible.
                            Not insist the staff serve you, when they are obviously being silent themselves.
                            Not holler to your companion who is two foot away.
                            Not complain because “it’s another one” and carry on yapping.

Sixty seconds.

Comment

• Quoth wolfie View Post
                              Look on the bright side. You haven't found (or at least you haven't told us about finding) a used diaper stuck in among the bolts of fabric.
                              That has to be the worst, but I did find a bag of pot stuffed between bolts once. In a state in which it is illegal to use that stuff. It if was legal for medical use, it was kept very quiet. Just being that near to it made me realize I will not derive any pleasure from it.

Quoth chimera View Post
                              And unwrapped fabric quarters. It says right on the label how big it is! Our custies love to leave things on base decks or the next peg over - anything but the peg they got it from. Oh, and you gotta love all the used kleenex stashed in the fabric fixtures
                              I have suggested to management many times that we need to take one of the unwrapped fat quarters and hang it up so people can see what 18x21 inches actually looks like. Every day in the fabric department of the megamart, I see how schools have failed to reinforce measurement and fractions. It is all taught, but other concepts are more important, like how to answer multiple choice questions.

Comment

• Quoth flourbomb View Post
                                That minutes silence we talked about over the announcements system. The one for the people who’ve been killed/ injured/ lost loved ones/ had their lives ripped apart; it started when we warned you it would.
                                We asked you, in polite terms, to shut the *$%k up, for one minute, stop what you’re doing if possible.
                                Not insist the staff serve you, when they are obviously being silent themselves.
                                Not holler to your companion who is two foot away.
                                Not complain because “it’s another one” and carry on yapping.

Sixty seconds.
                                My dream solution to this problem:

People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                                My DeviantArt.

Comment

Working...
                                X