This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quoth WishfulSpirit View Post
    Stop whining for more cookies. You are grown adults with good jobs. There are 4 retail locations within 3 blocks of our hotel that sell cookies. Including one open 24 hours. We carry them in our gift shop too. Go BUY SOME if you want them that dang badly. I don't have time to bake more.
    My hotel bakes cookies too. I don't know what it is that these cookies make adults act like kids. And this has happened before Colorado legalized the secret ingredient for baked goods. (see what I did there?)

So by the time they get to my shift, most of the cookies are gone. And they whine about it. Parents of the Year (TM) wouldn't limit their kids' intake of cookies. They'd clean us right out if we didn't stop them.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

• If someone pushes in front of you while you're waiting to fill up your car, then go and bitch at them. Do not bitch at me about it. There's nothing I can do.
      People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
      My DeviantArt.

Comment

• Holy crap people, it's like Groundhog Day, except not funny.

When trying to explain why you thought something was on sale DO NOT point at signs, then walk past them to a 15' space with NO SIGNS and indicate is where you got the product. Then when I point out the lack of signs you just stare at me and start repeating that you saw signs (?!) and so you thought it was on sale. And then keep looking at me. I don't have a "customer is stupid" override on my handheld.

I swear, that blank look this type of customer gives me is the worst. Because I can tell that no matter what I say or how I say it, they won't understand and they won't leave me alone about it. They aren't even being purposefully annoying, they really have NOTHING going on in their head beyond "sale. should be sale. sale. should be sale."
        Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

• How did "spend $35 on clothing [which includes shoes] and get $5 off" turn into "buy one pair of kids' shoes and get $5 off"? I suspected whatever you were talking about was the former deal, but I didn't just give it to you (even though you did qualify and I had a copy of the coupon) because I wanted you to see that you need to pay attention. You didn't really read the sign and then you walked up to my closed register--none of you ever see the darkened light--and interrupted my discussion with my manager.
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

• When you're standing in line, I call you over, you don't respond, and I call the person behind you over, don't kick up a stink and accuse us of not serving you, unless you want us to call you out on your non-response.
            the end of an era is not the completion of a destiny. Momentum comes when we believe the best for the future, we keep speaking life into the future, and we commit to the future - Brian Houston

Comment

• To a certain library customer - please stop checking out DVDs if you're going to return them smelling like they've been used as an ashtray.

(without getting into Fratching territory, I actually like the smell of cigarette smoke, but NOT whatever brand of tobacco this person is using)

Comment

• To the guy whose car I got towed today: put your damn hanger up if you don't want to get towed from handicapped parking. No, it isn't our fault. No, we should not have "known" you had a placard since you've "been here long enough." We don't leave the desk to go watch what car you get into. You may have a genuine invisible disability, but all I saw was a Chevy Silvarado Supercab blocking a little old lady with an 02 machine from getting in the door. You're lucky we have a "please steal from us" guarantee that made us comp a few nights to "make up for the problem." Both myself and my boss think that's BS. You parked illegally. You should have been stuck with the whole towing bill with jack shit from us.

In happier news, the new policy is to call local PD on the non-emergency number and have them write tickets for handicapped parking violators. Let's see you try to argue your way out of it with the Boys in Blue.
                "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

• Quoth Lace Neil Singer View Post
                  If someone pushes in front of you while you're waiting to fill up your car, then go and bitch at them. Do not bitch at me about it. There's nothing I can do.
                  THIS ...so much this.

Happens all the time in our store. I will open up a new lane and they will come to bitch at me that someone pushed in front of me. Urm, how about you bring it up with the customer that jumped the line? I have a customer that I am currently serving and I don't have time to enforce the rules of the line.

Not like I can do anything about it either. I opened my lane one time and told a 'line jumper' that they had to wait as I would be serving the people that was in front of them first, guess what, the jumper complained to management and was told by management it wasn't good customer service and that I can't do it again.

So just be a grown up and sort it out among yourselves and stop being so passive aggressive about it.

Comment

• Quoth greek_jester View Post
                    This is where you invest in a cheap Nannycam (or similar) and stick it somewhere unobtrusive. Review at a later date and rain hellfire on repeat offenders.
                    There's security cameras! But security never notices, somehow. And they're always surprised when I mention it. They just have bigger things to worry about.

Comment

• Quoth Rana View Post
                      I will open up a new lane and they will come to bitch at me that someone pushed in front of me.
                      So here's what I see at stores often. A cashier comes over to a long line and tells a person near the front that they can come over to their lane. Either 1) every single person in the long line moves over to the new lane or 2) nobody pays attention, the long line stays long. If the second one happens, then I'll move over, even if I'm at the back. In that case, it's not line jumping, it's people not paying attention.

But customers aren't going to say anything to other customers, DUH. That customer might say something back to them, and we know the employee can't. Heck, depending on the store, I'm might not even say anything because with my luck they'll be the crazy who stabs me. Otherwise, a simple "the line starts back there" would be appropriate I'd think. I've said it and the person was just being ditzy and didn't realize. I've been that person, too, and it's really not the end of the world. Just say "whoops!" and move on.
                      Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

• No, I didn't "forget your change". You paid via credit card. Yes, I know your purchase was only $2. No, you DID NOT ask for cash back. See the receipt? It says "MASTERCARD". That is a credit card. I didn't do anything, you and you alone used the pinpad. I'm not even supposed to touch it. No, I can't give you $40 because you "meant to get cash". Go to the desk to get a refund, then you can re-buy the items and hit the right buttons this time. By all means, whine to my supervisor. She'll tell you the same thing I did, but she doesn't have to be as polite about it.
                        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• Quoth manybellsdown View Post
                          There's security cameras! But security never notices, somehow. And they're always surprised when I mention it. They just have bigger things to worry about.
                          I'd guessed you would but that you couldn't get info for some reason. Hence the nanny cam.

Of course, having done that it'll probably turn out to be security "pulling a prank"...
                          "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

• two from earlier today

To a certain group of people - the bus stop is for people who are waiting for the bus, not for idiots who just want to sit and chat/eat snacks. Not only do you take up space on the benches, but you also make the bus driver's jobs more difficult, because they have no way of knowing you are just hanging out.

And to some library customers - it is NOT necessary to stand right behind me when I'm using the self check-out machine. Perhaps you meant no harm by it, but I have no way of knowing that you weren't trying to look over my shoulder, hoping to catch personal info.

Comment

• When I say that breakfast is at 6, I meant at 6, not 4:30. So stop asking me where everything is.
                              To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

• Seriously, it's five minutes until closing and you're just now rolling up? Fine. Annnnnd now it's five minutes after, and I'm shooing you out the door, and telling the guy at the pump that we're closed. In the future, try looking at a damn clock before you go to the C-store!
                                "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Working...
                                X