Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think I can determine for myself what I should eat.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I confused the hell out of someone who was telling me that chemicals are bad for me, "You want to know what is really deadly? Dihydrogen-Oxide. That stuff's LETHAL. 100% of people who use it DIE."

Hey, it's just about as legit as their argument.
    If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Quoth raudf View Post
      ... That stuff's LETHAL. 100% of people who use it DIE...
      So does everybody that eats tomatoes ...
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Tch! Don't you both know that bread is poison? Shall we have the all natural poison or the lite poison? Decisions, decisions...

Comment

Quoth raudf View Post
          I confused the hell out of someone who was telling me that chemicals are bad for me.
          Try explaining to them that everything is made of chemicals.
          "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
          - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Quoth Aria View Post
            Tch! Don't you both know that bread is poison? Shall we have the all natural poison or the lite poison? Decisions, decisions...
            The poison is in the dose, dose in this case being the amount of wheat starch measured in grams (at least in my case--gluten is no problem for me). And you are making my point.
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
              The poison is in the dose, dose in this case being the amount of wheat starch measured in grams (at least in my case--gluten is no problem for me). And you are making my point.
              That was what I was aiming for!

As far as I can tell, gluten is no problem for me either. I don't eat bread anymore both because I'm trying to lose weight and I've realized I don't even like it. It's just... there. Being bread. Something to hold sandwiches together with, otherwise tasteless. Well, unless it's a proper crusty roll or french croissant. Mmmm....

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
                I am one of the exceptionally rare people who is immune to poison ivy I swear, Rob can look at a picture of it online and have an outbreak...
                That would be my Dad. He tried working as a surveyor back when I was just a baby . . . but had to give that up b/c he would break out so bad, his face and eyes would swell up and he couldn't work for a few days until the swelling went down.

He practically has to wear layers when he goes out to mow (his property is in a wooded area and loaded w/that stuff) complete w/knee length boots, goggles, elbow length gloves and hat . . . and still has to peel off everything as soon as he gets done and run to the shower and jump in within a few minutes to get washed off b/f he risks breaking out.

My Mom, OTOH, before she went through "the change" could wallow in that stuff, pull it out with bare hands and not break out. Back then, she did all the yardwork herself and every year would battle to get rid of as much of it as she could.

Since the hormones changed, she can look at it and break out now. We now pay someone to do our yardwork, especially since she's not able to do it anymore.

I've never had a case of it . . . so far. *knocks on wood.*
                Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth Aria View Post
                  As far as I can tell, gluten is no problem for me either. I don't eat bread anymore both because I'm trying to lose weight and I've realized I don't even like it. It's just... there. Being bread. Something to hold sandwiches together with, otherwise tasteless. Well, unless it's a proper crusty roll or french croissant. Mmmm....
                  I wish that was me. I looooove bread, crappy bleached white bread, yum. I don't eat it all the time, not because I have an intolerance, I just seem to like a variety. Maybe eggs, or yogurt, or cream of rice at breakfast, instead of toast. I need to pay attention to my protein, and bread isn't the greatest source, so I do have to pay attention somewhat.

Forget "diet," here it's super gluten-free, no preservatives, nothing artificial, free-range, etc, etc. And for the most part, I LOVE it. (it's actually interesting to be on this site where people tend to be hard on those types) However -talking to people in my town- let's leave each other alone. If I want soda, let me have my high-fructose corn syrup and caramel coloring. People are fairly good about not commenting directly to me, but I also can irritate. I don't pick either "side" and that makes people mad!
                  Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
                    Forget "diet," here it's super gluten-free, no preservatives, nothing artificial, free-range, etc, etc. And for the most part, I LOVE it. (it's actually interesting to be on this site where people tend to be hard on those types) However -talking to people in my town- let's leave each other alone. If I want soda, let me have my high-fructose corn syrup and caramel coloring. People are fairly good about not commenting directly to me, but I also can irritate. I don't pick either "side" and that makes people mad!
                    I'm doing the Primal thing, actually... more of a lifestyle then a diet. XD I'm pretty sure I was a bit obnoxious the first year, when I was losing weight like water. I've gotten over it, hah. And my city isn't exactly a hotbed for such things.

I do remember, I was at the farmer's market, sampling cookies to see if they would be good to get for a party. Two girls were talking about paleo and how to do it on a budget... I wanted to say, go check out the stall in the back with the cow tongues, they're on sale! Then I looked at my cookie and decided it would be a bit too hypocritical. Are you in California or anything? I know Primal/paleo is big there.

Also, the cookie was way too sweet, I ended up tossing it.

Comment

Did someone say bread?

God I love bread. Pastry. Pasta. All that stuff. Which is baaaaad for me, unless it's made of stone-ground whole wheat. I love rye bread, which is also not too bad for me compared to the crappy white bread.

Baguettes. Croissants. Pretzel rolls. Hard rolls. Ahhhh, lovely bread...
                      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Aria, I'm very far to the north, yet still in the US. I can hardly comment without being all fratchy, I do like where I live. I remember reading something about my town when I first moved here. It was a lament also from a newbie to the area. She said, "I'm just not the right kind of weird." Since I don't fit in a specific group (hiker, vegan, musician, etc) I do totally agree with that comment.
                        Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                          There isn't a large enough market for "Kosher for Passover" HFCS (cheaper to use non-grain sweeteners than to segregate a production line), but there's the possibility that economics could change that. Still, for now, "Kosher for Passover" soda should be safe.
                          You don't even need to go that route.

There's a small city here in Texas that has the same name as a city in Ireland. And they make (made??) a soda with Pure Cane sugar (not the HFCS). The soda comes in a maroon-ish can, and sounds like it could be named after someone in the medical profession, and a spice.

Also, I understand that Mega Soda Corp in Atlanta has (or had) a brand of their soda that was also made with Pure Cane sugar.
                          Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Quoth mjr View Post
                            You don't even need to go that route.

There's a small city here in Texas that has the same name as a city in Ireland. And they make (made??) a soda with Pure Cane sugar (not the HFCS). The soda comes in a maroon-ish can, and sounds like it could be named after someone in the medical profession, and a spice.

Also, I understand that Mega Soda Corp in Atlanta has (or had) a brand of their soda that was also made with Pure Cane sugar.
                            In areas where soda P is the bottler for spice soda, they have at times made a cane sugar version. Where C soda is the bottler, they do not, as they seem to have a thing against cane sugar in the US except for passover.
                            Life: Reality TV for deities. - dalesys

Comment

I believe Jones Soda is made with cane sugar instead of HFCS, as another option.
                              "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                              - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

I think I can determine for myself what I should eat.
                                I concur. That's why I answer 'Dead hooker." whenever anybody asks me what I'm eating for lunch.
                                Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Working...
                                X