This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth AmbrosiaWriter View Post
    Man, I dealt with a dummy who got angry that someone wished him a Merry Christmas. He threw a massive rant about how he wasn't Christian and so you shouldn't assume he was one and force your religion onto him.

My eyes rolled so damn hard they nearly popped out of my head.
    Ugh, see, I hate that too. I'm pagan; I don't celebrate this time of year the same way as I did when I was a kid. But I have NO problem being wished Merry Christmas and I have NO problem with the images of Mary, Joseph and Jesus, churches, etc. No one makes me go to church, and I don't try to make people have a Yule circle

It's all about the return of the Sun (or Son if you like, the imagery works anyway).

I just return the greeting I get and go on with my day.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Man, I dealt with a dummy who got angry that someone wished him a Merry Christmas. He threw a massive rant about how he wasn't Christian and so you shouldn't assume he was one and force your religion onto him.
      And here we see the other extreme that gets the "War on Christmas" people frothing. Ugh. And both are just really really loud minorities.

Quoth MoonCat View Post
      Ugh, see, I hate that too. I'm pagan; I don't celebrate this time of year the same way as I did when I was a kid. But I have NO problem being wished Merry Christmas and I have NO problem with the images of Mary, Joseph and Jesus, churches, etc. No one makes me go to church, and I don't try to make people have a Yule circle

It's all about the return of the Sun (or Son if you like, the imagery works anyway).

I just return the greeting I get and go on with my day.
      Thank you for being level-headed and sensible.

I don't go out of my way to pitch a fit when people wish me a Happy Hannukah or Joyous Kwanzaa or Happy Solstice or whatever. No one's "forcing" their religion on anyone else. Seriously.

Except maybe those control freaks who're convinced theirs is the only holiday that matters. Oi.
      "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
      - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Quoth Employee28567 View Post
        My husband and I (we are non-believers), were talking about that very thing in a restaurant, when the lady in a booth across from us came over and said, emphatically, "MERRY CHRISTMAS!"
        Some people are just itching to bully someone they know isn't allowed to fight back, and will latch onto any reason, any at all. Just goes to show, the issue isn't believers vs non-believers. The issue is assholes vs non-assholes. And there's assholes in every race, color, creed, religion, etc.
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Working...
        X