X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth upsidedown_orchid View Post
    "What's a buffet (prounounced buff-it)?"
    "Oh, he's this guy who sings songs about margaritas, salt shakers and cheeseburgers."
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Me: "Welcome to Burger King, how may I help you?"
      SC: "Do you have cheeseburgers?"

No, we sell tacos and potato chips

Another order...

Me: "...and what would you like to drink?"
      SC: "Do you guys have Coke?" (As if there isn't enough Coca-Cola products on the menu...)

Yes, but apparently not the powdery one you're looking for

I love my job.

Comment

Quoth Maximillion View Post

Me: "...and what would you like to drink?"
        SC: "Do you guys have Coke?" (As if there isn't enough Coca-Cola products on the menu...)

Yes, but apparently not the powdery one you're looking for

I love my job.
        hehehe, I love when we go out to eat (at a non-fast-food place) and my brother always orders Coke/Pepsi, so he doesn't look at the drinks on the menu. Whichever one he says, it seems they carry the other and the server will invariably say "Pepsi/Coke okay?" FF places, it's pretty hard to miss what they carry...
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth Maximillion View Post
          Me: "Welcome to Burger King, how may I help you?"
          SC: "Do you have cheeseburgers?"
          We actually stopped at a BK one night that didn't have cheeseburgers. Their grill had broken and all they had was what could be cooked in the fryers. Can you imagine the suckyness they had to endure from SC's that night?

Comment

It was a dark and stormy night at the hotel and this jackass was at the head of a line of about 5 impatient people.

SC: "Are there any places to eat around here?"
            Me: (There are literally hundreds.) "... yeah. What are you looking for?"
            SC: "Oh, just start naming them off and how i get to them and i'll pick from that."
            Me:
            Customers Behind Jackass SC:

This was one question that i answered with a phonebook and a smile.

"Next?"

Comment

Quoth Getoutofmylobby View Post
              SC: "Oh, just start naming them off and how i get to them and i'll pick from that."

"Next?"
              This proves my theory that there are FAR too many people in this world who are under the mistaken impression that the world revolves around them.
              Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

Shall I set the scene for this one?
                Okay, Old M and I are standing in the back of the store, talking. TK is hanging out near the registers up front, as the last of his mini-rush customers just paid and left.
                Enter the antagonist of our story, Mr. Lost.
                Mr. Lost walks all the way through the store, bypassing the lounging TK, ignoring the scads and scads of movies on racks, to come to me, and ask: "Do you sell furniture?"
                RJ: "You've just walked through the entirety of the store, did you see any sectionals? An ottoman? Perhaps you noticed the La-Z-Boy hiding in the corner?"
                "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Hello, Ms. Barnes&Noble Goddess,

I've served the public in different capacities for nearly four decades. In that time I've listened to my share of stupid questions and prolly asked a few myself.

Most of the time I am entertained by stupid questions..and other times I feel sad for a person who would ask a question like this:

http://media.putfile.com/cs-stupid-question-43

Be safe...
                  Last edited by cabbie; 05-14-2007, 11:42 AM. Reason: replace broken url

Comment

Quoth freaktard View Post
                    I'm a musician. I play the violin.

A few years ago I had a gig playing solo violin at a wedding. I played for half an hour before the service started, I played several pieces during the service, and I played for about 15 minutes after the service as people were filing out. In short, I played a lot.

As I was leaving, somebody came up to me and asked, "Y'all play the violin?"

Not sucky, exactly. Just...odd.
                    I walk around in the summertime saying HOW ABOUT THIS HEAT?
                    I'm an asshole - holey holey hole.......
                    Total surrender
                    Your touch is so tender
                    Your skin is like water on a burning beach
                    And it brings me relief
                    "Nails in My Feet" - Crowded House

Comment

You have to imagine this with the woman standing and staring RIGHT at the dispenser as she says:

"Where are your straws? I don't see them! You have NO Straws. WHERE ARE THE STRAWS?!"
                      "The problem isn't usually that there are stupid people in the world as much as it is that the stupid people like to call or come in and point out how stupid they are to the working public" -Justa

Comment

Hey arent you cold? or Why don't you turn down that AC? its freezing?(international tourest btw)
                        Its arizona.
                        Its the end of april.
                        Its 99 degrees outside.
                        So what if our AC is set at 75?
                        I am comfortable DAMMIT.

Comment

Can we divert to London City Airport, I need to get off there.

Can I get my bag from the hold?

Do you always fly this route?

Can I get upgraded?

Why do I have to sit down as the plane takes off?
                          No longer a flight atttendant!

Comment

Quoth B&NGoddess View Post
                            just tonight someone asked if we sold concert tickets.
                            I am not so sure that is a stupid question. Lots of video rental/book stores etc operate ticket master outlets.
                            Tamezin

Comment

Quoth Bella_Vixen View Post
                              Guilty.
                              Hahaha! I like you, Bella Vixen!

Comment

2 more just from yesterday:

"Is it safe to take these Halls cough drops with this Vick's Nyquil syrup?"
                                -well thank god you checked, we managed to avert a disaster there...

Person handed me a prescription. For EYEGLASSES. "Uhhh....I think you need to take that to a Lenscrafters or something like that."
                                Of course, they give me stinky poop eye look because I can't fill it. Hello, we dispense DRUGS, not eyeglasses! Do you see an optical shop back here? No? It's because we are chock full o' DRUGS. Hence, the reason that we are a DRUGSTORE.

Comment

Working...
                                X