X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bainsidhe
    replied
    Our store commonly got people wanting to use their work ID or their EBT card, because it had their photo on it. Sorry, the state does not recognize either one as an acceptable form of ID to purchase alcohol.

Leave a comment:

• csquared
    replied
    Then one gets to drink.

However, it is likely that both will get drunk.

Leave a comment:

• Deevil
    replied
    Quoth mjr View Post
    What about identical twins??
    Quoth Jester View Post
    Despite what common sense might say, the law says no.
    What if they were conjoined twins and only one had his/her ID?

Leave a comment:

• Jester
    replied
    Quoth mjr View Post
    Despite what common sense might say, the law says no.

Quoth Nunavut Pants View Post
    I can see what they might think that "the photo has the same information on it" might be good enough, but I really hope they didn't get snippy when you told them it wasn't good enough.
    We have to be able to hold the ID in our hand, for a variety of reasons. Many fake IDs are still legal because they clearly say somewhere on them "Not a government issued ID," or something similar. You know where that is usually printed? On the back.

Some have gotten snippy with me, some have not. It varies.

Leave a comment:

• Nunavut Pants
    replied
    Quoth Jester View Post
    And can someone please explain to me why, when someone has their ID in their possession, they take a photo of it, and then intentionally leave it at home or at their hotel???
    Pickpockets. It is a hassle to replace your ID, especially overseas, and so they leave it locked up somewhere (presumably) secure. I've done similar things overseas--but then, I haven't tried to buy age-restricted stuff when I do that.

I can see what they might think that "the photo has the same information on it" might be good enough, but I really hope they didn't get snippy when you told them it wasn't good enough.

Leave a comment:

• taxguykarl
    replied
    Quoth Jester View Post
    Here's what I cannot accept if I ask you for ID for alcohol purchases:.....
    Anything else other than your fucking ID.
    I've seen at least half of those from clients wanting a copy of returns or checks

Leave a comment:

• mjr
    replied
    Quoth Jester View Post
    Your sibling's ID. You know....the one I just carded?

Leave a comment:

• nutraxfornerves
    replied
    Re: ID photos. When I travel, I make sure I have photos in case the ID is lost or stolen. It's a common recommendation these days. But it's not supposed to be inlieu of carrying the ID.

If I have both a passport and a drivers license with me, I might leave one or the other back In the hotel. But I sure as heck am not going to wander off without some form of government issued photo ID. If the country I'm in doesn't recognize my license as ID, then my passport stays with me, guarded like the Crown Jewels.

Leave a comment:

• Jester
    replied
    Here's what I can accept if I ask you for ID for alcohol purchases:

Your ID.

Here's what I cannot accept if I ask you for ID for alcohol purchases:

You stating your birthday out loud.
    Your mother or your father vouching for you.
    Your friends vouching for you.
    Your spouse vouching for you.
    Your assurances that you are of age.
    A picture of your ID on your phone.
    Your statement that you're here all the time.
    Your sibling's ID. You know....the one I just carded?
    The fact that you have children.
    The fact that you have children, and they are here with you.
    Your mugshot.
    The fact that you have tattoos.
    The fact that you have grey hairs.
    The fact that you are balding.
    Anything else other than your fucking ID.

Leave a comment:

• Trixie
    replied
    Even though the dog left a slobbery mess, it still sounds like a better customer than it's owner.

Lately it seems that the kids have gotten the memo to have their id on them if they're buying certain age restricted items. Only had one girl recently get snippy with me when I carded her even though she's "in there all the time". Sorry, I don't know you. My favorite though are still the ones who say they can give me their birthday. No thanks, I have a birthday of my own. Get your damn ID.

Leave a comment:

• Jester
    replied
    Quoth seigus View Post
    I'm just going to assume at this moment that there are a LOT of stories you could be telling but don't.
    I do not understand why you are making that assumption.

Leave a comment:

• KuariKaydrith
    replied
    I was beginning to think Jester had fallen off the face of planet! Nice to see that's not the case, and that he has SC stories for us once again

Leave a comment:

• mjr
    replied
    Jester has some great "customer ownage" stories.

Leave a comment:

• seigus
    replied
    I'm just going to assume at this moment that there are a LOT of stories you could be telling but don't.

Leave a comment:

• Jester
    replied
    Gator bites are exactly what they sound like: bits of gator meat, breaded and fried. A relatively common appetizer here in South Florida.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X