X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EricKei
    replied
    apoc - My best guess would be breaded, deep-fried balls of gator tail meat. Mmmmmm...

Leave a comment:

• apocolypse101
    replied
    Quoth Jester View Post
    New job, but still plenty of stupid and annoying people to deal with. Yay!

HIM: "Gator bites."

I don't know if these are what I imagine they are, but if so, then they sound DELICIOUS!

Leave a comment:

• earl colby pottinger
    replied
    Owner

One thing I ALWAYS did, if a person said that the company's owner said something was okay I would then call the owner.

If I could not get the owner I refused the customer any special deals without hearing from the owner first.

I never got in trouble, because (1) most of the claims were false (2) when the owner had given them a deal he did not mind that I checked first before not making as money as what would normally be charged.

Leave a comment:

• Jester
    replied
    Quoth CloserToSane View Post
    Disney World. My cousin was asked for a photo of his ID as he didn't have one on him in a bar. Now, the little shit hadn't taken a photo and threw a massive tantrum about not being able to be served. But yeah... a photo is fine if you're employed by the mouse it seems?
    Quoth mhkohne View Post
    Disney might be some kind of weird special case, given that they basically are their own county. Or the employee was being an idiot. Either way is possible.
    They are still subject to Florida state law, and if they actually would accept a photo of an ID for alcohol purchases, they would be violating said law.

Leave a comment:

• EricKei
    replied
    This is the Haus von Maus we're talking about. Surely a photo of your ID is all they need to put a lien on your soul.

Leave a comment:

• CloserToSane
    replied
    Quoth mhkohne View Post
    Disney might be some kind of weird special case, given that they basically are their own county. Or the employee was being an idiot. Either way is possible.
    I'm willing to go with either, to be honest I was surprised that they'd take a photo. He was barely 21 as it was, but old enough that he should have bought some ID with him.

Leave a comment:

• mhkohne
    replied
    Quoth CloserToSane View Post
    Disney World. My cousin was asked for a photo of his ID as he didn't have one on him in a bar. Now, the little shit hadn't taken a photo and threw a massive tantrum about not being able to be served. But yeah... a photo is fine if you're employed by the mouse it seems?

Leave a comment:

• TheSHAD0W
    replied
    Quoth Jester View Post
    She tells them that the manager said it was okay, and she's just getting food to go anyway, so they leave it alone.
    ... They should've known better by now. :-P

Leave a comment:

• CloserToSane
    replied
    Quoth Jester View Post
    For the love of all that is holy in Heaven, Earth, and everywhere else, why, I ask you WHY do people still think that showing the bartender a PHOTO of their ID on their phone is equivalent to showing the bartender their ID? Someone please tell me where there is a place where such a maneuver works?

Leave a comment:

• Ironclad Alibi
    replied
    These twins came to mind.

Leave a comment:

• Jay 2K Winger
    replied
    Or identical twins like these.

Leave a comment:

• wordgirl
    replied
    Quoth mjr View Post
    What about identical twins??
    '
    "Identical twins" like these?

Leave a comment:

• Jester
    replied
    Quoth seigus View Post
    You don't post very often, but I believe you see postable things daily.
    Well, I haven't posted much of anything in the last couple years, but I used to post fairly regularly.

As for seeing postable stuff daily, yes and no. Plenty of the annoying stuff I see I daily is just a repeat of the same old same old, so I try to limit myself to the extreme and the unusual.

Leave a comment:

• seigus
    replied
    Quoth Jester View Post
    I do not understand why you are making that assumption.
    You don't post very often, but I believe you see postable things daily.

Leave a comment:

• XCashier
    replied
    High School and College IDs are also not valid IDs for buying age-restricted items. I had someone try to buy beer with a High School ID once, and I'm quite sure I'm not the only one that's happened to.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X