This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Skandranon View Post
    "You're a thirteen year old white middle class suburbanite with a B- average, idiot. You've never even owned a supersoaker or a Swiss army knife. Go back to your room and mope on your bunk bed, dawg."
    A wing of one dorm at my college was slightly known for housing all the little wannabe gangbangers (mostly well-off white kids who had no idea what they were doing). A few of them were damn lucky they didn't wind up in the hospital with the crap they tried to pull with the real Latino gangs in the area. One kid thought he'd be "macho" and actually venture down to an arroyo near the bus station where they were known to gather. When he got a glance of the masses, he turned tail and ran.

I may have posted on this before, but the newest "fashion" along that vein seems to be reinforced/leather-covered pant cuffs so they don't get shredded from dragging on the ground all the time.

Meh, just another social oddity I don't get.
    Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
    Depends on where you are. In blood territory, don't where blue. In cryp territory, don't wear red. Honestly, those have got to be some of the most stupidly common colors to choose as your own. But their gangs, so I'm not surprised they couldn't manage to think past the primaries.

In our area, it seems the thing to wear is a white shirt with stripes. Again, stupidly common, but not as bad as the whole red/blue thing.
    Most real gang members should be able to tell the difference between Joe Normal and a rival flying colors. One would think, anyway.
    Last edited by Dreamstalker; 06-29-2007, 05:37 PM.
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
      Bright orange jumpsuit?
      Black and white vertical stripes? Plus the doofy looking pillbox hat...
      *shakes her finger* Any series of numbers tattooed to the breast pocket?
      LOL!!! Sounds like a criminal to me

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
        Conservative blue suit. Power tie. American flag lapel pin.

Just like all the other criminals in political office or running corporations.
        I would think the other above description would seem more like a criminal though(hehehe)

Comment

Quoth Shabo View Post
          I probably would have responded to the kid with "Actually, young man, I am what is called a "crackah" (with accompanying quote motion fingers). "

I'm sorry, but I really can't take that word seriously. I grew up in a really white town, and didn't hear that word until after I started hanging out with some kids from the nearest city. I am more likely to laugh at the person trying to insult me then anything else. It's just a silly word to pick as a derogatory name!
          Not if you think of it in the terms of the sound a bull whip makes. Then it's a completely different story.

What I don't like is the super skinny high waisted jeans coming back. I also don't like the empire waist, gauzy shirts that make anyone with a bit of a tummy look like they're 8 months along.

Comment

As we've been making belt jokes about these pants, I saw a guy who was sporting the boxer show and he HAD a belt. Instantly thought of this thread when I saw it.
            The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Quoth ArenaBoy View Post
              As we've been making belt jokes about these pants, I saw a guy who was sporting the boxer show and he HAD a belt. Instantly thought of this thread when I saw it.
              Oh, yeah. Of course they've got belts. How else could they sport those 6" radius belt buckles with all the fake diamonds encrusted over the face?

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

*shudders* I'd forgotten until just now that last week I saw a guy (late 20's at the youngest) with not only his pants 6 inches below his shorts, but his shorts 3 inches below the top of his ass. I didn't find out that part until I was unfortunately looking that direction as he stood up to get off the bus. Giving me a "nice" unobstructed view of his crack.
                Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth kibbles View Post
                  How does one dress like a criminal??? I agree that first impressions are everything, but unless someone is acting suspicious, how can someone dress like a criminal?
                  Hoodie and massive shades inside, when its raining cats and dogs outside.

Large coat with lots of pockets in summer (still with shades, but not so suspicious in summer)

Pram / stroller with no baby.

Pregnant looking guy.

I'm sure there's more.
                  "I'm trying to manufacture sincerity." - Simon (Teachers)
                  "Ok, you have to stop the Q-tip when there's resistance!" - Chandler (Friends)

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                    Yes, the overly baggy pants are ridiculous.
                    But to say we had nothing in the eighties to match them in stupidity is just using selective memory. We had some REALLY stupid fashion going on back then.
                    You TOTALLY forgot HYPERCOLOR tshirts!

And those slap bracelets!

What about the bead friendship bracelet?

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                      Oh, yeah. Of course they've got belts. How else could they sport those 6" radius belt buckles with all the fake diamonds encrusted over the face?
                      Nope, it was a normal everyday belt. Something tells me that we'll start seeing business men doing the gangster thing with suit pants.
                      The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

I've never pantsed a businessman before!
                        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth uknz76 View Post
                          Pregnant looking guy.

I'm sure there's more.
                          Ok...you gotta explain that one to me! LOL!

Comment

Kibbles, that would be a guy walking into a store and shoving various items of clothing in his shirt or pants.

Comment

Pregnant looking guy=turkey under the shirt. Or something like that, causing a protrusion bigger than the average beer gut.

Most of our thieves don't give themselves away quite as easily. Right now we're on the lookout for a couple of guys who come in, go straight to the clothing department and put some clothes and a duffle bag in their cart, arrange the clothing around the bag kind of like a nest, and then head for electronics and load up the bag with video games and DVDs.

Then they hightail it out an exit; either the main entrance or an emergency exit. When they succeed they cause a loss of at least two or three grand. They don't dress supisciously so they tend to blend in with the crowd.

Corporate LP really really wants to get these guys.
                              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I'm on the job, IPF!

No one can easily spot guilty men the way I can!

As the roaming gnome says, "I'm on my waaaaay!"

Comment

Working...
                                X