This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
    I have been reading Harry Potter since the VERY beginning. I was ten years old when I read the first book, I am twenty now, so Harry Potter has been with me for half my life.
    I was 10 or 11...
    I've grown up with harry and the gang. I was in tears last book- honest to goodness TEARS, like I haven't had since I read LOtR. Ok, I'll be fair, I cry at everything, but not like I cried at that.
    Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

Comment

I cried reading the last book as well! But no where near as bad as I did during Order of the Pheonix! Speaking of which, I'm finally going to see it tomorrow woo

Comment

I am working the party at Store2 on Friday. I volunteered only because I have friends who will also be there, either employees or another friend who also volunteered. Sucky part is I get out of work at 4:30, and I was told to be at the store at 6...it takes me about 40 minutes to get there from work, so I will end up almost an hour early; but if I go home first, that's a half hour, and then another 20-30 minutes to get to the store from my house, so there is no point in going home first. And I was hoping to have time to take a nap.

Guess I will stop for some food and caffeine on my way and kill some time.
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I've been kind of low-key about both the movie and the book.

That is, until I saw NightAngel's current avatar.... I'm such a huge Snape fan.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I am working our store's HP party Friday night. I go into work at 8, leave at 5, go back at 9:30 and will leave (if last time is any indication) between 2-2:30 am. That's a looooong day.

The bright side is, this year I get to be a Dementor. Basically I dress in a black cloak that pretty much covers my entire body and scare little kids when they go through this maze the kids' team constructed. My choice was to volunteer to do something or be stuck at the register all night. Hmmm... stand in a quiet maze and freak out brats every few minutes, or work with an unending line of brats who want to buy stuff? Tough choice there.
            https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
              I am working our store's HP party Friday night. I go into work at 8, leave at 5, go back at 9:30 and will leave (if last time is any indication) between 2-2:30 am. That's a looooong day.

The bright side is, this year I get to be a Dementor. Basically I dress in a black cloak that pretty much covers my entire body and scare little kids when they go through this maze the kids' team constructed. My choice was to volunteer to do something or be stuck at the register all night. Hmmm... stand in a quiet maze and freak out brats every few minutes, or work with an unending line of brats who want to buy stuff? Tough choice there.
              I would totally love to stop by your store just to see you scare the kids...

We'll be bringing our 4yo to the party, only because he loves HP. We haven't brought him to see Phoenix yet, because his attention span in a public place like that isn't the greatest. Even at home, he plays with his cars or trains while watching the movie. We took him to see 'Cars' when it was first out, and he sat for 20 minutes and decided he wanted to play around instead, so we went home.

I think he'll do ok on Friday. Even though he's 4, we'll bring the reclining stroller if he feels tired. But there will be so much going on so that will energize him more. He behaves pretty well when he has something keeping his attention.

I'm going in my Hermione costume, which is complete with skirt, robe, tie, and even my replica wand. My husband wanted to go as Voldemort, but that would have required too much makeup and alterations to his face. If we had found this mask sooner, he would have bought it. He still might for Halloween.
              http://www.celebrateexpress.com/cele...bID=4294967087
              "We go through our careers and things happen to us. Those experiences made me what I am."-Thomas Keller

Comment

Quoth GingerBiscuit View Post
                I am going to be so angry (as I work saturday) if some loud-mouth tells me how it ends.

FULL OF RAGE.
                It ends..... on page 759!

As for SCs as D&D monsters, I would make SC template that can be applied to any monster.
                Then we can have Lottery Zombie SCs,
                Tech Support Troglodyte SCs,
                Dire Grandma SCs,
                Trailer Park Broodqueen SCs,.....
                "First time I ever seen a chainsaw go down anybody's britches,"

Comment

Quoth Dark Psion View Post
                  As for SCs as D&D monsters, I would make SC template that can be applied to any monster.
                  Then we can have Lottery Zombie SCs,
                  Tech Support Troglodyte SCs,
                  Dire Grandma SCs,
                  Trailer Park Broodqueen SCs,.....
                  Dire Grandmas.... *snicker*

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Well, the Cataloging Department just emailed to let us know that our copies of the HP book will hopefully be mailed out on Friday. I guess that means we won't get them till Tuesday.

*sigh* Saturday ...
                    I love mankind ... it's people I can't stand. -- Linus Van Pelt

Comment

Quoth Dark Psion View Post
                      It ends..... on page 759!
                      ARRGHHH I just had a complete adrenilin rush reading that....

it was one of those, omg what did I just read AHH AHHHHH AHHHHHHHH
                      I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

I'm looking forward to hanging out at the B&N across from where I work on Friday night. I love Harry Potter and can't wait for the new book. I don't really care if someone ruins it, because that's just one part of the whole book. I do feel sorry for all the book store people who have to put up with the idiots, though.
                        Dammit !! ~ Jack Bauer

Comment

Well, Nekojin & I are going to the local Borders tonight.

Mostly, it's just an excuse to get out and do something different.

Plus, we can say we were there.

^-.-^

Comment

I'm dreading this saturday more than any of the other releases. I've got rehursal for my local rennisance festivale from 10:00 to 3:00, and everyone there is a Potter Nut. T_T My Mom is picking up the copy I reserved while I'm rehursing, but when I get back there's a grad party I have to attend. >_< Someone's gonna spoil it for me, I know it!
                            "Because that's how magical meteoric size-altering space goo works." IMDB Message boards.

Comment

I am blessed in that even if someone tells me something, I can usually manage to forget it within hours.

Heck, I can re-read books I've read before because I usually can't remember much of them. That goes for mysteries, too.

^-.-^

Comment

As I was about to clock out, I noticed nine cases of the book with a "Do Not Open Until July 21" sign taped to the stack.

I stared for a moment, smiling. I imagined all the people in the world who would have traded places with me in just that moment. There was no one else around.

My trip to the timeclock today was just a bit sweeter by walking away from the phenom into the arms of my family.

Magic.

Comment

Working...
                                X