Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Don't whistle at me like I'm an f-ing dog!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
    I never understood the toilet thing, either. If he doesn't get mad at me for leaving it down, why should I get mad if he leaves it up?

Although I will admit to feeling very, very resentful if I stagger in there at 3am half asleep and fall in. Which has happened.
    On the seat thing, it actually makes sense for the seat to be down. Here is the reasoning:

When women go to the bathroom, the seat will be used in the down position 100% of the time. (I'm not counting the squatters because their toilets are irrelevant to the debate)

When men go to the bathroom, the seat will likely be down approximately 20% of the time, just at a guess.

Women, having their reproductive organs inside rather than out, have smaller bladders, and thus will generally need to use the toilet more often than men, probably at a ratio of 60 to 40.

Therefore, in an evenly mixed household, 60% of all usage will be with the seat down for women. Then another 20% of the remaining 40% of usage, which comes out to 8% will also be with the seat down. That means that approximately 68% (or over 2/3) of toilet usage will be with the seat down, so if there is a default position, then it should be down as opposed to up, which is only the preferred position 32% of the time.

Even in a houshold that holds two males and one female, the math comes out slightly in favor of having the seat down as opposed to up.

Also, when you consider that most women have to partially disrobe, it is unfair to also require that they fiddle with the seat, especially since they have smaller bladders and so have to go more often.

At my last place, the decision was completely moot as we had to have the lid itself down to keep the dogs from slobbering toilet bowl water all over the bathroom and hallway floor.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Your reasoning is sound, however:

Reason will lose out to reality every single time. Ya'll need to just be glad he ain't sprinkling on the seat.

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
        I expect it started when women were wearing dresses that made reaching door handles pretty much impossible.

You ever tried to open and maneuver through a door with a full hoop skirt? Driving in full hoops is an exercise in geometry, physics, and a smattering of contortionism. Driving a manual in full hoops is just plain masochistic. (and yes, I speak from experience)

^-.-^
        nope but i have a friend who does, she was having a hell of a time sitting down in a regular chair, we had to go and get my back back chair which was definatly oop, its a small directors chair type set up covered it with a cloth, and thats what she had to sit on the whole time we were at the faire. the whole time cussing at the thing, mean while at the halloween store, i had to keep warning people about the single hoop skirts that once you bent over the whole thing would flip up, and to get some ruffled panties just in case.

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
        I don't hold doors open for females because I think they're feebs who can't handle doing it themselves. I do it because it's the polite thing to do, and I would hope a female does the same for me if I'm following her through the door.

And if anybody would get offended at me for holding the door for them, I'd let it slam in their face every time after that. I know nobody likes a door slamming in their face, but since you've already let me know you don't like it when I hold doors open for you...

No good deed goes unpunished with some people I guess.
        dont get me wrong, im not offended by people who hold the door for me, it gets frusterating when they fall all over them selfs because they feel they need to do it out of duty or what ever. i always tell them (when i get to the door first and they try to pry it out of my hands and yes this happens on a regular basis) that chivalry goes both ways, where i work there are 2 doors i get one they get the other after that point

Thank you IRF. My feelings exactly.

I never understood the toilet thing, either. If he doesn't get mad at me for leaving it down, why should I get mad if he leaves it up?

Although I will admit to feeling very, very resentful if I stagger in there at 3am half asleep and fall in. Which has happened.
        i never get mad at my boyfriend when he leaves the steat up, however i get mad at my self because i forget to look when im half asleep and fall in.
        "Let's connect to some ones cyberbrain who is meditating, so we can download enlightenment" one of the Tachikomas (Ghost in the Shell 2nd gig)

Comment

Quoth queenbb View Post
          i never get mad at my boyfriend when he leaves the steat up, however i get mad at my self because i forget to look when im half asleep and fall in.
          There's another difference between men and women. Most men never plant their asses on something without first taking a good look at it. Most men know about the toilet seat thing too, it's just really funny to hear someone fall in the toilet.
          "I don't have an anger problem I have an idiot problem!" - Hank Hill

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run around in little circles, wave your arms and shout!

Comment

Your reasoning is sound, however:

Reason will lose out to reality every single time. Ya'll need to just be glad he ain't sprinkling on the seat.
            Bleh, don't remind me. One of my brother's friends had a serious problem hitting the toilet at all (although he did put the seat up), and there would always be this yellow puddle down the front of the toilet.

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Yeah, welcome to Kinko's.

Female co-worker comes to me complaining about piss on the seat. I said, "Sugar, you should be glad for piss on the seat."

She says, "Why on earth would that make me glad?"

I said "Cuz at least it means their aim is improving."

Comment

Quoth Annichka View Post
                i pushed the kid into a ditch filled with brambles sand threw rocks at him so he couldn't get out... along with other similarly violent incidents. i assume much of the same thing would happen if i heard him being called something like that at his work.....

I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

You know, it drives me batty when someone leaves the seat *up*. <cough>

I'm a freak among men, apparently. =p

Comment

I was going to say exactly what IPF said: I would much rather have a door held open for me than to have it slammed in my face. Especially by those people who don't even catch the door as they go through-they just slip through the crack and let the door smack you in the face.

The seat thing does not bother me if I am at someone else's place. Their place, their rules. At my place, not only must the seat be down, the lid must be down too. This way, my cats don't fall in (this has happened).
                    -"One ring to rule them all!"-Elias
                    -Ask yourself, "WWRKHTSCCJ:TMD?"

Comment

I do not respond to snaps, yells or whistles. I am not a pet, I was not raised in a barn, and I have a name that I answer to very readily.
                      Granted most people cannot pronounce it on the first try, but I'm used to that.

Comment

Quoth Ringtail Z28 View Post
                        There's another difference between men and women. Most men never plant their asses on something without first taking a good look at it. Most men know about the toilet seat thing too, it's just really funny to hear someone fall in the toilet.
                        well i have a small butt apparently, and when im half asleep and have to pee badly checking the seat is not my first priority. and usually he leaves it down.
                        "Let's connect to some ones cyberbrain who is meditating, so we can download enlightenment" one of the Tachikomas (Ghost in the Shell 2nd gig)

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
                          You know, it drives me batty when someone leaves the seat *up*. <cough>

I'm a freak among men, apparently. =p
                          *puts another mark in the "reasons GK deserves fangirls" column*

^-.-^

Comment

this never happend to me or my ex (who did many years of waiting tables) but it comes from a now dead web site called the Waiter's Revenge

busy night at a food place. wait staff is blown away. on table has a self centered holier than thou my shit don't stink attitude. Mr high and mighty keeps whistling and snapping fingers at a waitress nearby while she is taking another tables order. Finally he gets his fat ass up and confronts her and she says

"It takes more than two fingers to make me come" and calmly goes back to taking the order.

Mr Jerk is stunned into silence. and she got away with it
                            I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                            -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Bella_Vixen View Post
                              Why Thank you! if there's one thing I can't put up it's racism and bigots
                              ~Annichka~
                              Working for "Runfast" together with "Beforetel" is just super fun!

Comment

Quoth Bella_Vixen View Post
                                Completely off topic, but...AriRashkae's avatar reminds me of GK.

GK can have it, if desired. I was torn between this one and another.
                                Any day you're looking down at the dirt instead of up at the dirt is a good day.

Comment

Working...
                                X