Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah yes...flirting. I remember when men would flirt with me. Either at work or outside of work. Sadly, those days seem to be a thing of past, although I'm not sure why

I guess the need to chase guys or have them chase me has just died a natural death.
    Total surrender
    Your touch is so tender
    Your skin is like water on a burning beach
    And it brings me relief
    "Nails in My Feet" - Crowded House

Comment

I had a customer who was at least 40 years old hit on me. I don't know why she did it, but she did.

Also hit on a coworker less than a week earlier. And in a much more explicit way. Neither he nor I knew what had happened for a few minutes... then we were like:

Comment

20 years old, and never even once been hit on on the job. And people close to me tell my I'm extremely pretty. Obviously they don't know what they're talking about.

Comment

Quoth Shadowcat View Post
          Worst part is, he didn't leave a tip. It seems to me, if you're going to make an unwanted sexual advance, you should at least leave a decent tip.
          Amusingly, sometimes they DO leave a tip from embarrassment.

Back when I worked at the hotel, sometimes when it was slow the restaurant bartender would be the only one on in the restaurant for the day shift....which meant we had to do the occasional room service order.

One time I brought an order up to a room, and a middle-aged man answered in his robe or a towel or something. Whatever, no big deal. I put the tray down, got his signature on the room charge, and gave my usual end line...which led a completely different direction. To my credit, I never missed a beat or batted an eye when the big curveball came at me....

JESTER: "Enjoy your meal, and if you need anything else, just give us a call."
          MAN: (looking meaningfully at me) "How about a guy to suck my cock?"
          JESTER: "Sorry. Right island, wrong guy. But good luck finding someone!"
          MAN: "Thanks!"
          JESTER: "Have a good day, sir."

He left me a good tip, either in the hopes of inducing me to volunteer for his "special guest treatment" or to make up for any embarrassment if I turned him down, I don't know. But it was....entertaining.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
          Still A Customer."

Comment

I get hit on very seldomly but there was one guy when I was working at a gas station a few years ago...
            First of all, he was old enough that he should know better as to go on pestering when someone clearly isn't interested.
            The best and most hilarious of the whole thing was the following though:

Me: Guess who!
            RG: Random Guy

(conversation has been going on for a while already till it reached this point.)

RG: But why don't you want to go out for a drink? Do you have a boyfriend?
            Me: No.
            RG: See, so you're not taken!
            Me: I have a girlfriend. (That's absolutely true.)
            RG: Ohhhhhh. So you're...
            Me: No, I'm not. I'm bi.
            RG: Ahh, but anyway, if you had met the right guy, you wouldn't be with a girl. It can be nice with guys, too. I can show you!
            Me: ... (Okay, what exactly did you not understand here? Bi means I do like guys, too. Not to mention that this sort of opinion is even more ridiculous as far as lesbians are concerned.)

Well, he tried it a little longer, along the way of "She doesn't have to know." or "She can join us." -> - No.
            At some point he finally gave up.

Comment

I got hit on by a coworker at the theater one time. The guy was late-highschool age, probably legal if I'd been single (and interested). However, I was beyond not interested, having been happily married for ... 5 years at the time.

Anyway, he was helping me disassemble and scrub the cotton candy machine (since I was the only one on duty who could take the thing apart without losing things, and no one else cleaned up the damned mess when they were done, letting it build ) and he made a comment about "X inches being tough to handle", referring of course, to himself.

Sadly, I do not remember my exact reply, but it made reference to my husband not hurting me yet. He was polite to me after that.

The best part was my husband was picking me up that day. He's not a "big" guy (under 6' ), but he's built like brick, and can be pretty intense. (When the football coach asked him to join the team, the team begged him not to. Of course, he was doing the goth/Crow thing at the time. That might have had something to do with it. )
              Any day you're looking down at the dirt instead of up at the dirt is a good day.

Comment

I've had a lot of customers hit on me over the years. If it's harmless flirting, that's fine, whatever. But the second you touch me and I tell you not to do that again, stop. That's going too far. I've had people (including "somebody famous") thrown out of bars because they got too touchy feely or made me way too uncomfortable after being asked numerous times to stop.

But usually, it's fine. I have no problem with harmless flirting. Just don't assume that a waitress is the same as a call girl. We may flirt back cause it's nice, or cause we want a tip, but it does not mean we'll go home with you.

I did have a customer ask me to marry them the other night though.

So I switched my off days at The Spa so I can work at The Bar on Sundays (double, downstairs, for football). We get a little, um, crazy during Eagles football games cause we are the local Philly bar. So I had been wearing my beloved Steelers jersey on football days, but the boys didn't like that. So I told them if they brought me an Eagles jersey, I would wear it. They did, so I did. But that does NOT make me an Eagles fan, right?

So after the Eagles game (start of the night game, actually), I'm still working and this one table comes in. Married couple about my age, his father, his brother. All very sweet and likeable. The brother looks at me and goes "Ugh." to the jersey so I just smile and this exchange happens.

ME: tah dah!!!
                BROTHER: see above
                HUSBAND: again, see above.

ME: Let me guess. You're a Lions fan.
                HUSBAND: We're originally from Detroit. You actually an Eagles fan?
                ME: Honestly? No. I'm a Steelers girl. But I work in an Eagles bar and they tend to get upset when I don't wear this. But I have something that will cheer you up.
                BROTHER: What?
                ME: The Eagles got lucky today. Know why?
                BROTHER: No. Why?
                ME: Cause they guy that's accounted for most of your offense and been a morale booster for the team got hurt. Without Calvin Johnson going down, I bet the Lions would have kicked the Eagles butts.

The brother just looked at me for a moment while the others started agreeing. Then he took my hand and grinned.

BROTHER: You're perfect. Marry me?

I just started laughing, as did the whole table, and I joked with them the rest of the night. It was lots of fun.
                "The things that I remember best - those are the things I wasn't supposed to do…."

I'm coming back as a Schooner Wharf Bar dog.

Comment

I don't get hit on at work...or even outside of work
                  Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth reformedwaitress View Post
                    I've had people (including "somebody famous") thrown out of bars because they got too touchy feely or made me way too uncomfortable after being asked numerous times to stop.
                    I would definitely say that that person is famous, and you don't need the quotes.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                    Still A Customer."

Comment

The first post in this thread is the inspiration for this week's comic!

Rapscallion
                      Last edited by Rapscallion; 01-02-2008, 09:36 PM.

Comment

The only people who've ever hit on me at work (that I know of, I've been told that I'm rather oblivious at times) were a pair of preteen girls. And they laid it on thick. It was very uncomfortable. Their parents were nowhere to be found and they kept yelling that I come back to their table and talk with them. When she noticed, my boss called me over to 'help move some boxes in the back', where she then laughed her ass off and told me she'd let me know when they left.
                        Flood

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                          I would definitely say that that person is famous, and you don't need the quotes.
                          Yes, but it makes it funnier to me if I pretend he's more famous in his head than in real life. Which, somewhat, he is. Until this summer, I bet most people couldn't have picked him out on the street.

Now they can not only pick him out, but want to tie him up by his toenails and let him hang for what he did.

Ah, karma
                          "The things that I remember best - those are the things I wasn't supposed to do…."

I'm coming back as a Schooner Wharf Bar dog.

Comment

Never been hit on, really anywhere. When I was single, when we were dating, when we got married. I always thought I was semi-good looking, but hey.

My wife however gets it a lot. She's a nurse now, so she gets the old men too. But when she worked at the C-store she would get it from everyone. Customers, co-workers, etc. She had a tag on her truck with our names on it. It was fading so she had me take it off. She got asked out like a dozen times that day because people thought she was single.

My uncle is a truck driver who's main office was near her C-store. His truck was getting work done to it one day around lunch time. His people told him to go down the C-store and get a sandwhich. He walks in, and there's my wife (gf). He goes back to work and says "now I know why you guys like it down there" "Why's that" "The pretty girl behind the counter" "Oh yeah, she makes our day"

I never asked if he mentioned his burly nephew.

Comment

My bf gets hit on in his department at work a lot by the "nasty fat old ladies", as he calls them.

Oh well, at least I have no reason to be jealous.
                              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I've never been hit on at work, but at wal mart i have a couple hundred co workers, and a couple hundred thousand customers(alaska is a big tourist area) so i wouldn't mind it from some, but others would make me run away in fear

if i had to guess i'd say our menswear department manager gets harassed a lot though

Comment

Working...
                                X