Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm seriously going to get fired over this.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth It's me View Post
    One thing to keep in mind:

Letting someone go due to an honest mistake is bad business. Replacing you will cost a whole lot more than $400. I doubt that corporate is going to let a good employee go because of a mistake that is as much the fault of poor store procedures as anything else.
    My thoughts precisely. Surely corporate has to know how much sales you bring in for them; I really can't see them being justified in letting you go over, as It's me stated, an honest mistake.

I hope all works out for you alright, Kus. And remember what people much wiser than myself once said:

1. What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger.
    2. Everything happens for a reason.

My thoughts are with you!

Comment

Uh.. nowhere have I seen anyone saying that they actually CALLED this person and attempted to fix things. Even if it's unlikely that she just forgot to pay, it's possible that she'll pony up the cash, especially if you've involved the police. You ave the phone #.. USE IT!!!

Comment

Quoth Crazeyal View Post
        Uh.. nowhere have I seen anyone saying that they actually CALLED this person and attempted to fix things. Even if it's unlikely that she just forgot to pay, it's possible that she'll pony up the cash, especially if you've involved the police. You ave the phone #.. USE IT!!!
        Actually, in the OP he said he called a lot with no answer.
        Last edited by Broomjockey; 09-16-2007, 01:57 AM. Reason: more than twice
        Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

I would enjoy them by getting your resume ready anyway

if they are going to fire someone over a genuine missunderstanding when they have a contact for the customers (who walked out with it KNOWING they hadnt paid) I wouldnt want to work for them anyway
          I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
            All these cool CSers who have been to Key West....and I have met exactly one of them. (Not counting RW, of course.) Kind of a bummer, when you think about it.
            Wow, I'm cool?!?

I was there 6 years ago (July 2001), and I know you were there, but I wasn't here so I didn't know to look for you!
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Color me confused. Why in the world won't they let you pay for it? Not that I think you should, not even close....but what would be the reason for them not to allow it?

BTW, I'm made mistakes at work that have cost my company at least 1000.00. But Im a high producer and I have alot of customer compliments in my file, so it was overlooked.

Im hoping the same for you...

Good luck!
              "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Quoth Peppergirl View Post
                Color me confused. Why in the world won't they let you pay for it? Not that I think you should, not even close....but what would be the reason for them not to allow it?
                Technically? I believe a lot of places have laws against docking worker's paycheques for stock shortages and such that can't be proven to have walked off in their pockets. Also, if Kus pays, and then they decide to do something further, that payment can be looked at as redressing the balance, and then anything else they do could be argued as retaliatory or punitive, or other big legal words that = wrongful dismissal lawsuit.
                Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

So any more word on what's happening?

Comment

Okay. I get to keep my job, but barely. Let me explain what happened, as I haven't had the time or the patience to type this out, and you'll see why.

So - as I mentioned, my district manager found out about the chair, when I was trying to avoid it. The good news is, the chair situation was resolved.

It turned out, the manager of the showroom had her information on file from a transaction a month ago. (This is when she first saw the chair in question and liked it.) The manager left a very...detailed message regarding the chair and ultimately said that she could come in and pay for it or charges would be pressed.

The customer claimed that she thought she was charged for it a month ago when she bought a seperate piece of merchandise. Yeah, I don't believe that bullshit either. Bitch got busted, plain and simple. Well, she paid for it, it's said and done, right? Not quite.

This was resolved on Sunday morning. My DM called me on Sunday AFTERNOON to confirm that I was to come in early on Tuesday morning. More on this later.

So I spend pretty much all of Sunday, all of Monday, and both evenings throwing up sick because I just don't know what's going to happen. Keep me or fire me, just let me know one way or the other so I can get on with it! That's some of the worst stress I've ever been under.

Well, I get in on Tuesday morning. Boss wanted me to come in before we opened. I fully thought I was handing in my keys.

So then he tells me that the chair situation was resolved. The customer paid for it. Now, he informed me of a few things, while I had a wave of relief wash over me.

1) It was a gigantic mistake that shouldn't have been made by me
                    2) I would get a written warning
                    3) Next screw-up I make, I'm gone. This also includes any customer complaints about me (Guarantee that this will be the issue that comes up)

He also "let me in" on a few things:
                    1) The VP of sales wanted me gone when I wasn't able to get back into school
                    2) My DM "graciously" fought to keep me
                    3) The only reason that I'm still here is because we're short-staffed in two of our showrooms
                    4) My DM had the power to keep my pay at the cut I was at or cut it even lower.

So afterwards, and basically being told that my job was STILL in jeapordy (Thanks alot, that really calms my nerves) and that everything better be perfect or I'm gone.

Now, I'm pissed off at this point and barely containing my anger and I'm sure you all understand why. I asked him one simple question:

Me: When was the situation with the chair resolved? When did the customer pay?
                    DM: Sunday morning.
                    Me: And you called me Sunday afternoon to tell me that I needed to come in early today.
                    DM: Yeah.
                    Me: You knew how worried I was about that chair. When you spoke to me, why didn't you tell me that it had been taken care of and paid for?
                    DM: I didn't think it was important.
                    Me: You son of a bitch. That's fucked.

I blew up at him, completely. He let me go for two days, grinding my teeth further, throwing up, not sleeping, worried about if I was going to be considered as being responsible for the chair financially or if the customer paid and I pocketed the money, etc etc. My mind was going completely haywire and my body was too and he didn't think it was important enough to tell me that the chair was paid for?

When he presented my written warning for the chair, I asked if the manager that put the sign on it was getting one too.

He said no.

I refused to sign the writeup.

All the frustration I had I just completely unloaded on him for. I fought HARD to be the number one salesman in the company, I've kicked his ass in the district sales and been the highest rated associate for MONTHS and I've made everyone involved astronomical amounts of money. I do this job because I enjoy it.

I turned down a consulting position with Ethan Allen because I enjoyed this job. REALLY wishing I didn't right about now.

I've almost been killed while working here. I've broken my ankle while working here. I saved a child from potentially being killed and saved the company a TON of money in lawsuits when I caught that sofa from falling on that stupid little kid last month, and if there was an infection, I ran the risk of losing my arm.

And now because of that mistake - one that was resolved, everyone has it out for me? What's worse, they've had it out for me for a month or more?

Honestly, when I spoke with Mystyglitter the other night on AIM, she presented a possibility to me - that I was being set up to take a fall.

I doubt that I was set up per say, but definately, the open hostility that I've had come at me from my DM and revealing that the VP shares his sentiments, well...it's almost like they're looking for an excuse to get rid of me.

That's the only thing I can think of - that I'm being pushed out. By transferring to two new showrooms, I'm writing up business and outperforming the other sales managers and writing up more business at higher rankings than they are.

I think I'm being fucked with just so they can save face.

Well, I'm going to try to see if that consulting position with Ethan Allen is still available. Either that, or I'm going Air Force so that way I don't have to worry about school and I can just get the hell AWAY from all this bullshit and into an organization that actually REWARDS stellar performance and behavior.

Sorry about the length and language, I'm still incredibly pissed off.
                    "Time shall help me face my painful memories with indifference, and with more of it, I won't feel the need to face them at all..."

Comment

Quoth Kusanagi View Post
                      Sorry about the length and language, I'm still incredibly pissed off.
                      Hey, don't be sorry. Let it all out; that's what the board's for (partially, anyway). And if I was in your shoes, I would be pissed enough to spit acid on somebody for this. If they're trying tp keep their image nice and pretty by using you to wipe it off, then IMHO, you need to get going and don't look back.
                      "Oh, you hate your job? There's a club for that. It's called EVERYBODY, and they meet down at the bar." ~Drew Carey

Comment

Dude, get out of there!

Comment

I'd like to add my name to the "Get the hell out of there!" group.

Comment

You don't know me from a hole in the ground, but I've been anxiously awaiting an update on your story because I felt so bad for you. Add me to the "Get the hell out of there, yesterday" lineup.

Comment

Add another vote to the "Get the hell out of there" poll! And I hope the Ethan Allen consulting position is still there for you!
                              It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

As much as I know we'd miss the crazy stories this place seems to provide you with, for your own health and sanity, put me in the "Get the F outta there ASAP" column, please.

Glad you're ok, and they worked it out, but if you're doing that much work and not only not being recognized for it, but actually punished, you need to go find somewhere that they will appreciate you. I moved call centers at work and am SO much happier now that I'm somewhere I know that I'm appreciated. Does wonders for your stress level, let me tell you.
                                "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Working...
                                X