Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm seriously going to get fired over this.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You don't know me either Kus, but I am with the others when I say get out now!! Might I add that you tell your manager to shove your keys right up his ass.
    Boogity, Boogity, Boogity Let's Go Racing Boys

Comment

I know this has been said, but I'm adding my two cents:

RUN AWAY AS FAST AS YOU CAN AND NEVER EVER LOOK BACK.
      "The things that I remember best - those are the things I wasn't supposed to do…."

I'm coming back as a Schooner Wharf Bar dog.

Comment

I'm beginning to wonder if your upper-management team was recruited from Circuit City. Their tactics are way too similar to be coincidence.

I doubt they'll fire you if there's one more "incident," however minor it may be. In my experience seeing things like this in action, they'll make your life a living hell. They'll beat you into the ground every single day and you'll have to suffer under the look of enjoyment on their faces. The slightest wrong move and they'll tear you apart. Anything you do well will be overlooked to everything that you didn't do as well. They will make you spend every waking moment hating everyone and everything around you. They won't stop until you're gone.

Why? Because if they force you to quit, they don't have to pay you unemployment like they would if they fired you. I've been through this. Get the f*** out and never look back. It was the best move I ever made. And someday, if the store closes down (mine did about a year after I left), be sure you're there with a great big smile to show them how much happier you are without them and dance on their graves. The psycho-bitch manager that ran me into the ground until I felt like I couldn't take it anymore would only stare at her feet when I walked past her, head held high.
        "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

Nothing is work your health. Nothing.
          I'm with Andara Bledin on this one.

I'm in the same position myself at this stupid office job...

Ethan Allen or Airforce - either is better than the stress of your current position!
          Teach a SC to fish... and they will whine about you not catching, filleting, frying, and serving it up on a silver platter for them. - EvilEmpryss

Comment

Kus, I agree with the other posters. You've bled for these people enough. I'll pray for the Ethan Allen position to still be open, but get out of there whether it is or not. You don't deserve this shit.

Comment

Kus, you are a rare commodity - the experienced, successful salesman. Most people don't actually want to sell. Get out of there, they aren't worth, your time, effort, or experience.

Just my
              I'm just me. I like it. Stop trying to change what I like!

Comment

Yes, dear. Leave that place. They don't deserve you. Quit as soon as you have an offer, preferably leaving behind a nice, long letter to corporate detailing why you are leaving.
                A smile is just a grimace that's been edited for public consumption. -- Tony Cochran

Comment

Sounds a lot like the Cumberland Farms I worked for in high school. I'm another one you don't really know, but damn man, you deserve better. Just remember that we work so we can live, we don't live to work. If staying there is going to make you miserable then get out with your dignity intact. <3 my thoughts are definately with you, sir.

Comment

I'll add my two cents to the "Get out of there now" crowd. Sounds to me like the universe is telling you to get a different job.
                    "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                    - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Good luck! If you decide to go the military route or just go to flip burgers, good luck!

Comment

Quoth It's me View Post
                        Letting someone go due to an honest mistake is bad business. Replacing you will cost a whole lot more than $400. I doubt that corporate is going to let a good employee go because of a mistake that is as much the fault of poor store procedures as anything else.
                        Remember, kids, one of the cardinal rules of the workplace:

If it makes sense, it's not allowed!

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                        Wow, I'm cool?!?

I was there 6 years ago (July 2001), and I know you were there, but I wasn't here so I didn't know to look for you!
                        Yes, of course you are! And yes I was, but no you weren't, nor was I, so for the moment, you are forgiven, my child.

Quoth Kusanagi View Post
                        Either that, or I'm going Air Force so that way I don't have to worry about school and I can just get the hell AWAY from all this bullshit and into an organization that actually REWARDS stellar performance and behavior.
                        Riiiiiiiight.....

I know a lot of people in the military that might disagree with that assessment!

More to the point, even if they do reward you for good performance, don't get sick, injured, or wounded....you might end up in one of their lovely places like Walter Reed. Not exactly the medical care you would think our folks in uniform deserve.......

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                        Still A Customer."

Comment

Well, Walter Reed is Army. Air Force is usually regarded as treating their people much better. I have a cousin that did a stint in the AF, and it was good for him, but that was a couple decades ago.

^-.-^
                          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I got three words....

Hostile

Work

Environment

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                              Well, Walter Reed is Army.

^-.-^
                              Just a few words to defend Walter Reed.....I was assigned there back in the 80's and at that time it was top notch. I have a feeling that the doctors and nurses there are still top notch, but because of the volume of soldiers coming through there, it's probably a nightmare. Thank the higher ups for not increasing funding for the care and repair of our wounded. Everyone who worked at that hospital while I was stationed there was proud to work there, including the civilians.

Sorry for the thread jack....just had to put in my

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                                I have a cousin that did a stint in the AF, and it was good for him, but that was a couple decades ago.
                                Quoth Pinkie View Post
                                Just a few words to defend Walter Reed.....I was assigned there back in the 80's and at that time it was top notch.
                                A lot can change in 20 years.

At one time Walter Reed WAS top notch, and until recently I thought it still was....that is, until the story broke about it.

I was merely making a point that the military, under current administration, seems to be ignoring the military personnel once they are no longer any use to them in the field. From all I have read and heard, Walter Reed is not an isolated case.

Sad, but true.

Point made...shutting up now.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                                Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                                X