Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry about the excessive quoting thing. I generally avoid forums like this one. I tend to be blunt and factual. I don't lie and I don't generally do a lot of sugarcoating. I DO try and be respectful. Sometimes it just doesn't come off that I do care. I'll try and keep a cap on the quoting thing.
    I leave when flames get too high and start licking my ass. I didn't find anything offensive in the post or anything to report. Just sort of that old "Cross your arms and nod 'uh-huh' with a dubious look" bit. I'll probably get some of those myself. I just ask understanding in return for understanding.
    "Chaos, panic, and disorder. My work here is DONE!"
    "I'm going crazy, want to come along?"

Comment

• Bigevilogre, I take no offense, don't worry about it. I have no reason to make something like this up, and I do tend to put thought into my posts, especially when I write them, which might be the reason that they could make one raise their eyebrows. Blame all the writing that I do and classes I took in college :-)

The area I live in and work in has a rather big gang problem. To give you an idea, a few times a year at my high school, we had what was dubbed "racial wars" involving over a hundred kids. The area around where I work and live is rather, well, violent is the only word I can use to describe it. My mother has had her work robbed multiple times, twice at gunpoint while she was working there, and I have had plenty of friends roughed up worse than I've ever been. The area I grew up in is what made me want to take martial arts in the first place. I'm not trying to make myself into a god or ego boosting by any means. Truth be told, the guy couldn't fight for shit.

That being said, I should have clarified some of the legal stuff, because I wasn't sure how it was working, there was some confusion on my part. The guy is being charged by the state and I now have no say in it. The assault charge would have been up to me, but the fact a lethal weapon was involved, combined with everything else, takes it out of my hands. All I need to do is give a written statement, and I will probably have to testify in court.

I'm not the one pressing charges, California is :-)

The wound on the arm is healing nicely, however. I'll take a few pics of the scar when it heals.
      "Time shall help me face my painful memories with indifference, and with more of it, I won't feel the need to face them at all..."

Comment

• The area I live in and work in has a rather big gang problem. To give you an idea, a few times a year at my high school, we had what was dubbed "racial wars" involving over a hundred kids. The area around where I work and live is rather, well, violent is the only word I can use to describe it. My mother has had her work robbed multiple times, twice at gunpoint while she was working there, and I have had plenty of friends roughed up worse than I've ever been. The area I grew up in is what made me want to take martial arts in the first place.
        Wow you pretty much described Toledo where I grew up! If anyone remembers there was a big riot shown on national TV last October right on the same street that I used to take to drive to high school. It started after someone called in a Nazi movement to march, claiming black gangs were harassing white neighbors. Of course the guy claims he didnt do it and said his brother did it.

Comment

• Thanks for understanding! Sounds like your area is what my old neighborhood wanted to be... but wasn't tough enough to achieve. Out here it's mostly the bikers and the meth dealers. 90% of the bikers are good folks, just a bit rough around the edges visually. A lot of California gang bangers are heading here. It's the biggest meth trafficing city in this state and the cost of living is very low and the police force is all of seven cars. We don't even have S.W.A.T. anymore.
          The only wars are the bikers/hot rodders/truckers/police against the street racers. Ugh, it's all rediculous really. It's a nice quiet little town. I GOT to get out of here.

Quoth Kusanagi View Post
          Bigevilogre, I take no offense, don't worry about it.
          The area I live in and work in has a rather big gang problem. To give you an idea, a few times a year at my high school, we had what was dubbed "racial wars" involving over a hundred kids.

I'm not the one pressing charges, California is :-)

The wound on the arm is healing nicely, however. I'll take a few pics of the scar when it heals.
          "Chaos, panic, and disorder. My work here is DONE!"
          "I'm going crazy, want to come along?"

Comment

• Wow, I missed a lot since I last read this I'm glad you're all right Kusanagi. I just don't get...after that happened, why would your boss have you close the store alone?
            Pit bull-

There is no breed of dog more in need of our compassion; in need of our call to arms on their behalf; and in need of what should be the full force of our enduring sanctuary.

Comment

• Quoth Jester View Post
              Alternatively:

You thought you'd be a badass and stomp on me,
              but now you're in prison with fucked up dentistry.
              So if you're thinking about going for round three
              Ask yourself this question, punk: how's your knee?

ROFLOL!!! That's great!

Glad to hear the recovery is coming along.

Comment

• Any updates, Kus?
                Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.

Proverbs 22:6

Comment

• Quoth thegiraffe View Post
                  Any updates, Kus?
                  Not that I wouldn't love to hear an update, but I don't think that there will be one in a little while. With the trial in December, and Ghetto Superstar probably still in the hospital, I have a feeling that it may be a bit longer till we hear something of substance.

I hope your arm is healing nicely, Kusanagi!
                  I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

• Spiffy, I think you just effectively renamed this genius. Ghetto superstar...I love it!

Off topic:
                    Anyone remember the "Ghetto superstar" song? Memories!!
                    Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.

Proverbs 22:6

Comment

• Quoth thegiraffe View Post
                      Spiffy, I think you just effectively renamed this genius. Ghetto superstar...I love it!

Off topic:
                      Anyone remember the "Ghetto superstar" song? Memories!!
                      Ghetto Superstar
                      That is what you are
                      Drive your stolen car
                      Thinkin' you'll go far

Now you've got no teeth
                      And a broken knee
                      You'll be the new form of currencyyyyy (ooh yeah)
                      From one cellmate to another, uh huh!
                      "Time shall help me face my painful memories with indifference, and with more of it, I won't feel the need to face them at all..."

Comment

• broken knee

The whole deal with his knee, and the fact that he just doesn't want to give up is really reminding me of the black knight on "Monty Python: And the search for the holy Grail."

Any one else remember?

Comment

• 'Tis but a scratch! It's just a flesh wound! C'mere, I'll bite your ankles off!!

Comment

• Well glad to read that the arm is healing and that the blood work came back negative. I know knife wounds hurt like hell. Leastwise you'll have a nice scar you can tell your grandkids was earned in the retail wars.

Ghettto Superstar. I love that.

Comment

• "Right, I'll do you for that!"
                              "What are you going to do, bleed on me?!"
                              "I'm invincible!"
                              "You're a loony!"
                              People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                              My DeviantArt.

Comment

• Good Lord, I go away for like 3 weeks and now there's more stuff here? That guy got what he deserved. I have a feeling that you live in the southern region of our state or perhaps....near Richmond lol. I just can't believe that you can't sue him for the damages caused! I know Cali's a little "light-weight" on some things, but there should be some way that you could get something for your medical bills. As for him being put away, hopefully they'll just leave him to rot and not give him any probation based upon his record. Glad to hear you're ok and that you couldn't do anything but...well, beat the living tar out of that a-hole.
                                Movie, Music, Anime and many more reviews...coming soon!

Comment

Working...
                                X