This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holy cow, Batman!

Wow. Just wow. I am so glad you're still alive!!

Absolutely this guy needs to go down now for attempted murder. His buddy for aiding if he can be found.

As you state, you "inadvertently" stood on his foot. You can't be expected to be all that careful about exactly what is where when you're fearing for your life and fending off an attacker.

Immediately after he went down, you stopped beating on him, rang an ambulance for him, called the cops, and applied first aid to his bleeding head. You did absolutely everything right.

Sometimes the law screws the Right and Just regardless. I just hope this is not one of those cases.

Again, holy cow.

Comment

Just out of curiosity, what happened to his buddy? I am pretty sure his a$$ could go to jail for a)being the lookout or b)being the one who actually boxed you in the alley.

You are one tough cookie.

P.S. I think, all things considered, this is a textbook case if you mount a defense to make damn sure your apponent(sp?) can't mount any kind of offense.
      I'm tolerant of everyone and everything except for assholes. - Mongo Skruddgemire

Comment

You should take this to the newspaper and the news so that the public can see what kind of trash out there to avoid. I got a buddy who's a reserve sheriff's deputy and show him this to see what this asshole should face. He should be able to give you an idea what to expect.
        Last edited by ditchdj; 10-05-2006, 12:08 AM.

Comment

I'm glad that a) you aren't seriously injured, or b) apparently aren't being charged with anything. And a part of me is really glad that SOB isn't gonna be walking comfy pretty much ever.

I hope I never have to go through anything even half this bad, and if I do, I hope I handle it half so well as you.
          Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

I've had to use a DDT outside the ring a time or two myself, and it's definitely not something you do lightly. And from what you described to me, it was more than called for.

From the standpoint of someone who's been in a similar situation, showing remorse for the attack, or helping your attacker afterwards, strikes major brownie points in your favor. That shows that you A) have respect for human life, and B) reacted in a way you would not normally act. People who are naturally violent don't mourn or take care of the people they just beat up...trust me.

Even if you do get any sentencing off this, it'll probably be suspended and/or there'll be a fine and some community service. I wouldn't worry too much about it. A lawsuit is what concerns me. Start hunting for a lawyer you like.

Also, if you haven't yet, GO TO THE HOSPITAL. Get documentation of any injuries that he caused. If something happens you have (I believe) up to a year from now regarding any of the affected areas, that it can be traced back to this incident and that'll give you some more ground for standing.

Most of all, I'm glad you're all right. If you need to borrow some of my wrestling tapes while you recover, let me know.
            "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

I know for a fact that in the State of Indiana you CAN use deadly force if you're presented with it and there's reason enough to believe that your life is in danger. With a CCW permit he could have been killed justifiably. He had a deadly weapon, stated he was gonna use it to kill him and he had someone else with him and was boxed in from going anywhere and could NOT walk away from it. That's enough right there.

He's also got a good case to sue that store he works at. The law says that if you own property you are responsible for the safety of anyone on your property. This is a clear case of negligence on behalf of the store he works at.
              Last edited by ditchdj; 10-05-2006, 12:34 AM.

Comment

State loudly, "I don't want to fight you" to an attacker. If overheard by witnesses, it adds support to your case should the attacker become injured and try to sue.
                I told him to get out of there, but unfortunately the only witness was the buddy who took off.
                Don't provoke a fight. Inherent in the legal concept of self-defense is a knowledge of who is at fault, or who started the fight.

Don't wait until you are physically struck to use the force necessary to prevent being physically harmed. If an attacker raises his fist or a knife, prepare to strike fast and hard. You're still the victim who is acting reasonably against bodily harm.
                He raised the knife and I fired the pepper spray, so I think I'm good there. I guess if his friend came after me it could be considered me egging him on...

Laws vary widely across countries. In America, some states allow the prosecution to offer evidence of the defendent's past, such as a history of violence inflicted on a spouse.
                He used his girlfriend as an ashtray, so I think I'm good there.

I have to change the bandages on my arm every few hours because if anyone has ever had a knife or a razor wound, those damned things just don't stop seeping blood.

And yes, I was serious when I said I inadvertantly stepped on his foot, I wasn't being sarcastic. If I wanted to break his knee, I would have just kicked him there.

As far as wrestling moves go, I would have preferred to give him a Diamond Cutter but that would have killed him
                "Time shall help me face my painful memories with indifference, and with more of it, I won't feel the need to face them at all..."

Comment

Quoth Tanasi View Post
                  The definition of assault varries from state to state so be careful.
                  Assault is really just the threatening part of the situation. Any time you threaten anyone, you are assaulting them. Battery is the actual physical harm. That is why assault and battery is such a common term. Very rarely will a situation occur where there is no verbal harrassment before the fists start flying. You can technical assault somone just by threatening to kick their butt.

Comment

Kusanagi, I am so sorry you've had to go through this. Reading all this has raised not only the hair on the back of my aged neck but more than a few tears for you. I hope you heal quickly and get justice so you can sleep soundly and no longer feel a need to watch over your shoulder.

Comment

• 1. Cool points for kicking his ass.

2. A Diamond Cutter won't kill him. If you watch closely its really a jawbreaker. So worse case scenario is you'd shatter his jaw, which would require it to be wired shut and for all future foods for the next few months to be liquified. =P

I watch waaayyyy too much wrestling.

Comment

• Speaking from experience, I can tell you a broken jaw is freakin' painful. So far in my 36 years, the most painful thing I have been through, physically. (Emotionally is a whole different ball game!)

However, generally speaking, the jaw is not wired for months, but weeks, I believe 4-8 is about average. (As I recall, mine was for 4 or 5....that was 20 years ago, so hard to recall.) And having your jaw wired is Not Fun. Trying to eat your meals through a straw is also Not Fun. (Though from that experience I discovered and still love Carnation Instant Breakfast...had one about an hour ago!)

Then again, from the description Kusanagi gave, the asshat in this story is going to be experiencing a whole lot of Not Fun for a while now--and I am not even talking about his legal troubles! His head is in a world of pain, I am sure, and even worse than that is that knee injuries tend to take a long time to heal, even longer than broken jaws.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                        Still A Customer."

Comment

• I am glad you're okay, that asshole deserved it just for attacking you. I hope his buddy gets locked up too.
                          The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

• Holy crud, Kusanagi, that's just...

Some people just do not learn their lessons, do they? I hope that jerk is put away for a very long time, preferably for the rest of his worthless life. If I were his mama, I'd be ashamed to admit he was my son, I'd disown him.
                            Quoth MystyGlyttyr View Post
                            Also, if you haven't yet, GO TO THE HOSPITAL. Get documentation of any injuries that he caused. If something happens you have (I believe) up to a year from now regarding any of the affected areas, that it can be traced back to this incident and that'll give you some more ground for standing.
                            Absolutely. Go to the hospital if you haven't already, get your injuries photographed, and as Rahmota suggested, there may have been something nasty on that knife that might give you trouble later. You may have to get blood work to make sure there isn't an infection, or worse. Don't try to "tough your way thorugh it", make sure you heal correctly. Your life and health are worth too much to leave to chance, and we don't want the asshole to win after all.
                            Last edited by XCashier; 10-05-2006, 06:31 PM.
                            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                            My LiveJournal
                            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

• Holy. Crap.

Sue the bastard, and seek to prosecute criminal charges. I doubt he's going to be giving you much trouble from here on out, for at least a while, seeing as he can't walk. Also, since he has no chance of bail, to even get out of jail to get to you he'd need to escape from prison with a broken leg. He doesn't seem to be smart enough to do that.

Also, I severely doubt you'll see charges pressed against you. No jury in the world could convict, and given from what I've read from this thread so far I bet your attacker won't be seeing the outside world again for a VERY long time.

Personally, the first thing I would have done after the initial incident was gotten a concealed weapons permit and a very good pistol. The most recent incident was a nearly forgone conclusion - it was going to happen. That being said, you probably did as much damage as a gun. Who needs a Desert Eagle? I've got a Kusanagi!

I also would not have been anywhere alone for any length of time for a while. Strength in numbers.

Comment

• Man. I hope things work out.

This does make me think though that in the diner after work I'm being too free with telling people where I work and stuff. I think I will be more careful.
                                Do radioactive cats have 18 half-lives?

Comment

Working...
                                X