• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Both, ish.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
      I don't want to shave my fur, but the babies keep sneezing when I try to feed them. Anyone know how to get around this?
      I have NO words.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
        I don't want to shave my fur, but the babies keep sneezing when I try to feed them. Anyone know how to get around this?
        See, what you need here is a sort of shield that would expose the nipple, but cover the rest of your furry mooby so that your fur would then not tickle the little babe's sensitive nose.

I suspect that a funnel with the tip cut off would work a treat.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I was unable to breastfeed my kids but my sister breastfed hers. I would be so embarrased to go with her anywhere because she just whipped it out and didn't worry about covering up. I tried to breastfeed my kids, couldn't, but when I did try I covered up, even in my own home all alone. I will admit I am prude on most things but as long as it is not like my sister was IU am fine with it.

I have to ask, why did everyone go against Facebook but not Myspace on deleting the breastfeeding photos?

Also why is it almost everywhere you go there are pics of women with their breasts hanging out and it is considered sexy, but when the breast is being used for feeding it is nasty? In my opinion it is because the ones hanging out for looks are silicone pumped up and on supermodels where the lowley woman breastfeeding is not a supermodel and her breasts are all natural.

Comment

Quoth mscrybaby View Post
            I have to ask, why did everyone go against Facebook but not Myspace on deleting the breastfeeding photos?
            I think the Facebook thing just got more publicity.

I remember when the MySpace and Live Journal breastfeeding purges were done, and there was a fuss made, but in this case, they just pissed off the wrong woman and she knew exactly who to call to get attention.
            Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

TMI WARNING!

Quoth Ree View Post
              I think breastfeeding is the best way to go, as it's natural and healthy, and that really is the purpose of the breasts, after all, but I really drew the line at some of the claims against bottlefeeding that made a Mom feel as if she was a failure for not trying, or for trying and having to give it up.
              Oh, you hit the nail on the head. I wanted to breastfeed, I really did. I tried my damndest. I did everything the classes taught me to do, consulted with the breastfeeding consultants (they were a nightmare), you name it. And when only pinpoint drops came out, making my son cry in frustration, I felt like a total failure.

Turned out I had blocked ducts. I had to switch my son to formula. Now he's a perfectly healthy nearly-six-year-old. Many of us were brought up on formula and turned out fine, and today's formulas are much better and more nutritious than the ones we were fed. Whatever works.

Oh, and to the people who scold mothers for bottle-feeding their babies: MYOB. You don't know that woman's reasons. Frankly, you're no better than the ones who scream "Indecent exposure" at the discreet breast-feeders.
              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
              My LiveJournal
              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth mscrybaby View Post
                Also why is it almost everywhere you go there are pics of women with their breasts hanging out and it is considered sexy, but when the breast is being used for feeding it is nasty? In my opinion it is because the ones hanging out for looks are silicone pumped up and on supermodels where the lowley woman breastfeeding is not a supermodel and her breasts are all natural.
                Quite frankly, I think the breasts-hanging-out look in inappropriate places is trashy, not sexy. If I have to see breasts in inappropriate places, I'd rather see the breastfeeding one. I'd prefer to have a scarf or blanket around, though - even if it's been dropped on the floor and the mother just can't pick it up because she's busy with the baby.

In appropriate places - nude beaches, changing rooms, places for expression of sexuality - breasts exposed as sexuality or in a matter-of-fact way isn't trashy.

I can't explain it. It's just an expectations thing, I think.
                Seshat's self-help guide:
                1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

http://www.kevinandkell.com/2006/kk1204.html

That's what I do, heh heh.

Sometimes you just can't win, though. There was a lady at Waffle House who would come in and breastfeed and then scream at people for NOT looking. I guess she wasn't getting enough attention? I dunno.

Honestly, I'd prefer not to see it, but I can always look away. It's just that then sometimes you get yelled at for THAT.
                  "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

Frankly, if I see a woman bottle-feeding, I don't know that she didn't pump and the baby is getting breastmilk. Just seeing a baby bottle means absolutely nothing. My friend has a 2 month old and when she goes back to work she'll pump on the days she's at the office (she works from home a couple days a week since she had her first son 2 years ago), just like she did with her first one. She's lucky in that her boss let her use her office so she could have some privacy without having to do it in the bathroom or something. Since her first kid her office has expanded a bit so there's actually an empty office she'll be able to use this time around without disturbing her boss.
                    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                      Frankly, if I see a woman bottle-feeding, I don't know that she didn't pump and the baby is getting breastmilk. Just seeing a baby bottle means absolutely nothing.
                      Took the words right out of my mouth. Then again, people forget that to assume makes an ass out of them. And only them
                      The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

I think I live in some sort of alternate universe, sometimes. I see a lot of women breast-feeding, but I've honestly never seen one of these "right to flash" types who persist in waving their boobs in people's faces instead of just getting on with feeding the baby. Maybe they only do it around people they know are going to get antsy about it !

There was a lady at Waffle House who would come in and breastfeed and then scream at people for NOT looking. I guess she wasn't getting enough attention? I dunno.
                        And THAT is just mental illness, and you won't ever eradicate that.
                        A person who is nice to you, but not nice to the waiter is not a nice person
                        - Dave Barry

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
                          ... breasts exposed as sexuality or in a matter-of-fact way isn't trashy.
                          I'm SO tired. I read this and had a moment where I thought:

So, if I walk up to someone, pull out a boob, point at it and matter-of-factly say, "This is my boob." It'd be okay...?

I suppose as long as I could keep a straight face it'd be alright...

Yes, I should go to bed.
                          "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
                          HellGate: London

Comment

Quoth Barefootgirl View Post
                            I think I live in some sort of alternate universe, sometimes. I see a lot of women breast-feeding, but I've honestly never seen one of these "right to flash" types who persist in waving their boobs in people's faces instead of just getting on with feeding the baby. Maybe they only do it around people they know are going to get antsy about it !
                            I think you're just lucky. These people obviously don't live anywhere near you... or maybe, they know of you and are just too scared to do it when you're around.
                            People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                            My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth NightAngel View Post
                              So, if I walk up to someone, pull out a boob, point at it and matter-of-factly say, "This is my boob." It'd be okay...?

I suppose as long as I could keep a straight face it'd be alright...

Yes, I should go to bed.
                              Frankly, I think if that happened to me (some woman walked up and said/did that) I'd be slightly worried about her mental state, if I could keep from laughing my butt off long enough to consider it.
                              Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

I've only ever had one woman in my store start breastfeeding randomly in the store... didn't really offend me (apart from the rudeness... I was serving her at the time... could the baby not wait the thirty seconds the transaction would have taken?) but other than the "focusontheeyesfocusontheeyesFOCUSONTHEEYES!" aspect it was ok... my collegues all found it hilarious though...

"Ah, he's not the first psycho to hire us, nor the last. You think that's a commentary on us?"

Comment

Working...
                                X