Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I once went to a Halloween party as She-ra. I was about 10 years old; now, that was a good costume. XD

My Bellatrix costume didn't take much effort at all, by the way. I cut myself a wand from a nearby tree and bought a black and white witch's wig. That's all; I have a gothic style black dress and boots at home and plenty of eyeliner. It's tantamount to the obsession that most people I know have with Harry Potter in that nearly everyone guessed who I was meant to be. Tho, this guy who came dressed as Jason stole my wig in the end; you have no idea how hilarious that looked.
    People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
    My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth Shengirl View Post
      We did a zombie walk at my boyfriend's college! It was during their springfest, and it was unannounced, which made it extra fun. The DJ even started playing "Thriller."
      I'd also play Oingo Boingo's "Dead Man's Party".

:sigh: I love playing dress-up! I'm wearing my SCA garb for Halloween this year, since I can't get to as many SCA events as I'd like to.
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth queenbb View Post
        for me it was while working at the halloween store, i worked there for 2 years in a row and both times i was the only one to wear a costume to work.
        That is amazingly sad.
        Tamezin

Comment

I loathe Halloween, but I love to dress up in random outfits/costumes for the fun of it. I get stuck giving out candy every year, sometimes i'll dress up for the kids. meh.

I was working Halloween night (ticket sales for a hockey game that night) and I was the only staff dressed up. lol. I went as a Roman lady. With this silky toga, gold bracelets and curly hair. Was fun. Kinda self consious since I was the ONLY one though.
          Be like the flower that perfumes the very hand that crushes it.

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
            The worst?

A (insert the name of the company that you work for who is also hosting this Halloween bach) employee.

I work for a fair trade coffee importer, and one of my coworkers dressed up as a Dunkin Donuts employee last year. It was pretty great, he got a lot of laughs.

This year my friends and I are going to be in Salem MA, dressed as Clue characters.

Comment

Quoth Anoki View Post
              I'm going as a banana.

I take it that was the more a-peel-ing choice?

Woop woop woop woop!

Comment

I went to a costume party as a vampire bunny. The teeth were a little tricky...
                The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

I went to a party the other night and there was a guy with a dollar bill hanging on each ear. Yeah, he was a buccaneer.

I thought it was hilarious. I love visual puns.

My best costume ever? One year I painted a whole box of tampons and sewed them to a shirt. I was Picasso's blue period. Won a prize. Wish I could take credit for thinking that up, but I'd heard about it on the radio. Still funny, though.
                  Women can do anything men can.
                  But we don't because lots of it's disgusting.
                  Maxine

Comment

Quoth wagegoth View Post
                    But one of them boasted a full erection as he walked by. My husband said, "Well, his costume won't last all night." Which led to everyone in hearing distance doubling over in laughter.
                    Your husban's funny!!

Quoth Flood View Post
                    The only non-costume I've ever seen that I thought was really innovative was when a guy showed up at the party with no shirt or shoes.

Me: What are you supposed to be?
                    Guy: A Premature Ejaculation.
                    Me: ???
                    Guy: Yeah. I just came in my pants.
                    I like that one. I should mention it to some of the guys I work with. They might keep it in mind for next year.

Quoth MMATM View Post
                    One damn good one from this year:

- Black Death-type cloak with ratty brown rags, tattered and such.
                    - All-white face paint except for around the eyes and nose and lips, which were black.
                    - Pair of binoculars.

What was he? The Grim Peeper.
                    I wish I was clever like that.
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    I'm not dressing up this year. I'm off from work, no parties to go to, the man of the household won't take me trick-or-treating, and we don't get a lot of t-o-ters anyway...and guaranteed to get even less, since the porch light hasn't worked for a year.

What a shame. If I had a witch hat (where'd mine go, anyway?) I'd be a snazzy witch. Got a pretty dress, snazzy boots and whatnot.
                    Unseen but seeing
                    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                    3rd shift needs love, too
                    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

So I am like one of the only people dressed up at work today. I am dressed as a witch, it didn't take much effort though I already have a bunch of gothic type clothing and a cloak so i just bought a witches hat.

Comment

Quoth iradney View Post
                        I went to a costume party as a vampire bunny. The teeth were a little tricky...
                        BUNNICULA!

Comment

The most originality I put into a costume was an idea from my friend:

I was sick. I dressed in pj's and a bathrobe, used lipliner to make red dots on my face and hands, and carried around a box of tissues. And I had people asking me what I was...

This year? I don't think I'm going to bother doing anything. Not worth it, since the only thing to do around here is to go to bars with drunk college kids, and since I won't be dressing like a slut, I'm going to get nothing but dirty looks. I think I'll just stay home, thank you very much.

And no, Halloween is not the only day of the year where they can dress like a slut and not get called one. They dress like sluts every time they go to parties, too, but if you call them a slut then? Well, it was nice knowing you.
                          Jim: Fact: Bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
                          Dwight: Bears don't eat bee... Hey! What are you doing?
                          The Office

Comment

I would just like to add I was the only one with actual makeup in my face.

The other people that had costumes at work didn't even bother to put makeup on.
                            Lames.
                            Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

Shironu, that's terrifying and awesome.

Comment

Less than imaginitive but.... I was Tigger, and my one year old daughter was tigger, and my husband was a Civilian(he's a Marine IRL).

We called me Tigger-ette and the baby Tigger-roo. We only visited Family, so they where amused by us.

A few years ago my dad's office(they are all computer programers) organised and dressed up as the Geek Squad. I saw pictures. It was scary.
                                Last edited by Nayeli_Sabia; 11-01-2007, 05:58 AM.
                                Shamus: Why hasn't anybody designs a cranium-anus extraction kit yet? It seems that so many people suffer from a improperly-stored head.

Comment

Working...
                                X